These no-bake cookies are made with oats and chocolate chips

4 ounces butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter, optional
3 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place chocolate chips, peanut butter (if used), oats, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Combine the margarine, milk, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Combine the hot mixture with the oatmeal and chocolate chip mixture; stir well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Recipe #2

No baking required for these fudgy oatmeal cookies!
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minutes

2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 ounces butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and chopped nuts. Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Recipe #3

A recipe for no bake cookies using oats, cocoa, and peanut butter.

2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 ounces butter (1 stick)
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, peanut butter, and chopped nuts. Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Recipe#4

These no bake penuche drop cookies were shared on our forum.

2 cups light brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup chopped nuts
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine brown sugar, butter, and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Pour over nuts, oats and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper. Cool.

For chocolate drops use 2 cups white sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa.

atprm
12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
I use recipe number 5:

1 stick butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats

Boil butter, cocoa, milk, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add oats and mix well. Spoon out onto wax paper.

Jolie Rouge
12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
http://southernfood.about.com/od/nobakecookies/r/blbb600.htm

Rum or brandy extract gives these easy chocolate squares a little holiday spirit.

3 cups miniature marshmallows (about half of 10 1/2 ounce package)
1 cup (6 ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup butter
2 cups quick or old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans

In saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows, chocolate chips, and butter, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in oats and flavoring. Spread mixture into a buttered 8-inch square pan; sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Chill thoroughly until set. Store candy in a cool dry place in covered container.

Haystacks

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes

1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts
2 cups chow mein noodles

Microwave the butterscotch chips and peanut butter on 50 percent power for 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and blend to coat noodles thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Easy Cream Cheese Fudge

This easy fudge is made with cream cheese and white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, soft
6 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 package (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
1 ounce (1 square) semisweet baking chocolate
2 teaspoon shortening
3/4 cup chopped pecans, reserve extra pecan halves for garnish

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth . Melt white chocolate chips in microwave on LOW until smooth, stirring occasionally. Fold into cream cheese mixture with chopped pecans. Spread into a greased 8 inch baking dish. Chill until ready to frost. Melt baking chocolate with shortening in microwave on LOW (about 2 minutes). Pour over top of fudge and spread to cover. Garnish with reserved pecan halves. Cool, then cut into squares.

Easy Breezy Fudge

This easy chocolate fudge is a snap to make with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and a little butter. If you use the microwave to heat the mixture, be sure to stir it frequently until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is well blended.

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 ounces)
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional

Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan; line with a piece of plastic wrap about 18 to 24 inches in length, leaving the ends out to cover the finished fudge. The ends will also serve as "handles" which will help you lift the fudge out of the pan.

Heat the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts, if using; pour into the prepared pan. Spread gently then cover lightly with the ends of the plastic wrap. Chill until firm. Lift out of the pan and cut into small squares.

JKATHERINE
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
I use recipe number 5:

1 stick butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats

Boil butter, cocoa, milk, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add oats and mix well. Spoon out onto wax paper.

Mine is VERY close:

2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 stick (1/4 lb) butter
1/2 c. milk
1 pinch of salt

3 c. quick Quaker oats
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a pan. Cook this to a ROLLING BOIL and boil for 1 minute, 10 seconds. Remove from head and add the rest of the ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper and let cool.

YUMMMMMMMMY!

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
I use recipe number 5:

1 stick butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. oats

I use number 5 as well

yummy, I LOVE these cookies!

Kimberly61
12-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I use #5 as well lol

Willow
01-01-2009, 06:00 AM
I picked #1 but I prefer to bake cookies in the oven.

Mom2-3boys
01-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Recipe 1.....these were a childhood favorite because when I would ask my mom if we could make cookies and we wouldn't have a lot of time these are what we would make...then throw them in the freezer.
Both my older boys that have gone through FACS (HomeEc) have learned to make these so they make them by themselves too

diana_circe
01-01-2009, 10:19 AM
I voted #3, but its because I have everything to make them right now. Off to make cookies :lol

atprm
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I made some yesterday ... it's sad when the mere mention of them makes you crave them. LOL

JerseyMook
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
*looks around with hope that somebody will toss me a cookie*

I voted for 3 'cause I like peanut butter!

whatever
01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Mine is VERY close:

2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 stick (1/4 lb) butter
1/2 c. milk
1 pinch of salt

3 c. quick Quaker oats
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a pan. Cook this to a ROLLING BOIL and boil for 1 minute, 10 seconds. Remove from head and add the rest of the ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper and let cool.

YUMMMMMMMMY!
that is the exact same recipe I make. Only I do it the microwave.
Just made some of these today. well half rec. My dh doesn't like them. So its just me eating them.