PDA

View Full Version : Awww

fleabones3
12-26-2008, 10:00 PM
My stepdaughter is 21 and lives in Texas, so we dont get to see her very often.. maybe 2 or 3 times a year . She has 3 beautiful gorgeous boys and they are staying the weekend with us. They are 3, 2 and 4 mos, and just the cutest sweetest little things. I have a houseful, and bedtime is turning out to be a nightmare.. but still. I am so happy to see them

ilovecats
12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
awww.I have to agree,those are really annoying(as in busy)ages.They are so darn cute though.I think 2 & 3 yr olds are the absolute best,and who doesn't love babies?

gmyers
12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I bet ya'll are having fun. They are so cute at those ages. Kids are what makes Christmas so much fun. Makes you feel like a kid again too.

fleabones3
12-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh i know it. The 3 yr old is more of a stinker than the other 2. Not a brat..just more opinionated lol. The 2 yr old has always been my lovebug. He isnt my favorite ..just always been laid back, easygoing. And the baby well, he is just sweet.. Been smiles all day long , doesnt cry unless his gums are bothering him. He has 2 teeth already trying to come in. I think I heard him fuss once today. I know by Sunday I will be ready for them to go lol, but I am enjoying the hugs while I can

ilovecats
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I was just reading something(I can't remember what,lol).Anyway the person was talking about how flawless their skin is when they are little,it looks like they don't even have pores in their skin.You just gotta love those little ones.

gmyers
12-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Now if we could just figure out what their secret is.lol

diana_circe
12-26-2008, 10:56 PM
shh, you all are making me miss little ones and I'm still fertile :lol

I remember taking my kids to visit Mike's mom when they were little. It was exhausting for us all and you know by the end of it she couldn't wait for us to leave. Then as soon as it was time to go she was asking when we were coming back, she already missed us.

Enjoy!

fleabones3
12-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Thats me. and these babies are beautiful, and so is their complexions. They are 1/2 mexican, 1/2 white, so they got that creamy cocoa skin. Well the baby is part spanish, part mexican part white lol, but he is real light colored with blondish hair and blue eyes which makes my stepdaughter happy since she is blonde and blue eyed lol. They are such pretty babies, not that I am biased at all.

Anniston
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
You have a good time with those dolls!! I bet you will be sad once they leave the driveway!

fleabones3
12-27-2008, 04:41 PM
I keep trying to get her to let me keep the baby or the 2 yr old. The oldest is too close to his mama, but the others would stay lol. She aint going for it yet tho lol

CLARKS4
12-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I think at age 3 they go thru that clingy stage again. Mine wont let me go to the bathroom with her. LOL

Have fun and enjoy them while they are there. They will be grown before long.

fleabones3
12-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I know.. they are leaving tomorrow at 2 and my heart is already breaking. I get so attached when they are here, and who knows when I will get to see them again. Probably Easter. I hope its not that long.. but she works and so does her fiancee. They cooked us dinner tonite.. mexican rice, some chili pork stuff, refried beans. Her fiance is mexican/spanish and her ex MIL taught her how to cook quite a bit of authentic mexican food.

She is such a great girl. We had our share of probs when i was raising her.. ya know.. the evil stepmother.. she was 9 when i got her.. but as she got older her and I got a lot closer. She let me be there when her first son was born and I felt so special to her. Her own mother didnt even show up. but thats ok... I was there. I was invited for the other 2 too, but I couldnt make it to Texas in time.. but just the thought that I could have been was awesome.
My sister told me that since these are just my " step grandkids" and I will love my " real " ones more ( her words not mine) . There isnt a chance in hell of that, i can guarantee that. i told her and my other " stepkids" who also have children that even if their dad and i divorced, they were still mine and I definately want to be a part of their lives and the grandbabies.

tsquared
12-27-2008, 09:39 PM
awwwwwwwww that is so special...........i hope you are really enjoying your time together

ilovecats
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I know.. they are leaving tomorrow at 2 and my heart is already breaking. I get so attached when they are here, and who knows when I will get to see them again. Probably Easter. I hope its not that long.. but she works and so does her fiancee. They cooked us dinner tonite.. mexican rice, some chili pork stuff, refried beans. Her fiance is mexican/spanish and her ex MIL taught her how to cook quite a bit of authentic mexican food.

She is such a great girl. We had our share of probs when i was raising her.. ya know.. the evil stepmother.. she was 9 when i got her.. but as she got older her and I got a lot closer. She let me be there when her first son was born and I felt so special to her. Her own mother didnt even show up. but thats ok... I was there. I was invited for the other 2 too, but I couldnt make it to Texas in time.. but just the thought that I could have been was awesome.
My sister told me that since these are just my " step grandkids" and I will love my " real " ones more ( her words not mine) . There isnt a chance in hell of that, i can guarantee that. i told her and my other " stepkids" who also have children that even if their dad and i divorced, they were still mine and I definately want to be a part of their lives and the grandbabies.

What a beautiful to say.I know when I had my kids the only one I wanted there was my husband.The fact that she wanted you there makes it quite clear that you are may more than just a step-mom.

diana_circe
12-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Your sister just doesn't understand how to unconditionally love a child. When my ex said he wanted to give up rights to the kids Mike jumped at it. We both knew it meant giving up quite a large sum of child support every month, but he loved my kids as a dad should and was happy to legally be their father.

SLance68
12-28-2008, 12:47 PM

As someone who has a "Step Grandmother" I can tell you I am closer to my Grandma Sarah than any of the other 2 "real Grandmothers". So tell your sister to buzz off she has NO idea what she is talking about. You love them all no matter what the relationship.

fleabones3
12-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I told my sister that yes, my " stepkids' can be a pain,. especially the 18 yr old boy.. who I do have quite a few problems with. I dont really like him, but I do LOVE him. i also told sis that she cant even imagine what its like since she doesnt even have any kids.

They left today and the 2 yr old started crying . That broke my heart. Its so quiet now. Last nite the 3 yr old talked to me for over 30 mins non stop. Thats the most he has talked to us lol. He is kinda shy and quiet, but finally he got used to us just in time to leave. sucks. She said they might come back down in a couple months, but they are getting married this summer so they gotta save for that.