PDA

View Full Version : darn it

tljohn123
12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm not allowed to leave my house. Well. Allowed is a strong word. It is strongly suggested by sweetie that I NOT leave because he's afraid I will fall and hurt myself even more. Oh yeah, I have been off work for almost two weeks. Yup, my freakin back again. I had xrays done yesterday and an MRI scheduled for Monday. I can't go back to work until at least January 12th which is when I see the doctor again. They gave me new pain pills---ultraset. I wake up in pain every damn night and can't feel my leg or my arm very well. And then my new family doc says I am addicted to pain pills. How can I be addicted when I take one a day?? And I try not to do even that!

I am so damn bored here. Ed won't let me do anything around the house because he's so afraid I'll hurt myself even more than I am. I am grateful he takes such good care of me, but damnit I wanna do something!

And my chihuahua is so concerned about me...he barely leaves my side to go potty lol.

Soooooo......I am going to leave the house for about a half hour. I have to take soemthing over to my brother, but I am not getting out of the car. I am taking the oldest boy with me so he can help me. Then I have to go to the drug store and get something small for Ed. And the oldest is going to help me walk. So fun. Not. Merry Christmas everyone!

cabby92
12-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Be careful!

fleabones3
12-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Be extra extra careful and have fun

SLance68
12-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I know you hate it but I am glad your Sweetie is being so strict. He obviously doesn't like seeing you in pain. Sending you some very soft hugs.

Mary Jo
12-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Awww what a rotten time to be in pain.
Hope you feel better soon.
I'm glad you have somebody so concerned about you.
I can also understand how bored you are. Be careful when you go out.
Get better soon.

CLARKS4
12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I hope you were able to get out for a bit. I know how you feel. My Little bit had her tonsils removed and we were confined to the house for 2 weeks and it was awful.

speedygirl
12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Feel better. I completely understand. I've been out of work for almost 10 weeks and go back after the first of the year and I can't wait. DH was the same way and wanted to do everything for me. It was so kind but I had to stop him and let him know that it was appreciated but I needed to be able to try to do some things on my own. I felt like I had him shadowing me 24-7. I love him for it though. :)

evrita
12-24-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm not allowed to leave my house. Well. Allowed is a strong word. It is strongly suggested by sweetie that I NOT leave because he's afraid I will fall and hurt myself even more. Oh yeah, I have been off work for almost two weeks. Yup, my freakin back again. I had xrays done yesterday and an MRI scheduled for Monday. I can't go back to work until at least January 12th which is when I see the doctor again. They gave me new pain pills---ultraset. I wake up in pain every damn night and can't feel my leg or my arm very well. And then my new family doc says I am addicted to pain pills. How can I be addicted when I take one a day?? And I try not to do even that!

I am so damn bored here. Ed won't let me do anything around the house because he's so afraid I'll hurt myself even more than I am. I am grateful he takes such good care of me, but damnit I wanna do something!

And my chihuahua is so concerned about me...he barely leaves my side to go potty lol.

Soooooo......I am going to leave the house for about a half hour. I have to take soemthing over to my brother, but I am not getting out of the car. I am taking the oldest boy with me so he can help me. Then I have to go to the drug store and get something small for Ed. And the oldest is going to help me walk. So fun. Not. Merry Christmas everyone!

Doesnt sound like fun but right there is classic "seeker" syndrome as some would call it. Sad but true more and more are coming up with back pain and only taking just one a day and that doesnt help and becoming addicted and dont know it. Not a day will go by and others can vouch for this we will see a seeker and know as soon as they tone it out.

I have asked before and I will ask again have you done the pain clinics they are wonderful. I injured my back over 10 years ago and they offer a lot of support not just phyical but mental.

tljohn123
12-25-2008, 10:21 AM
My mom told me the pain clinics were good as well. I'll probably go and see one here pretty soon. I don't understand what you mean about 'seeker' syndrome.

I've been doing pretty good pain wise up until this point. My back went into a major spasm one day, and it's progressed to not being able to pick up much of anything, standing for more than 10 minutes, or anything else. I sure wish I were back at work. *sigh*

SLance68
12-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Do you take a muscle relaxer for the spasms or just a pain medication?

tljohn123
12-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Do you take a muscle relaxer for the spasms or just a pain medication?

I take the muscle relaxer first. Currently it's Skelaxin twice a day and tramadol as needed---which is usually once a day. And I know neither one of them are narcotics. Don't make me loopy are anything, just a bit tired. Funny thing, my brother asked me what I was taking, I told him. He told me I was basically taking 'baby pills'. I guess that means that they aren't strong enought for him sheesh.

evrita
12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
My mom told me the pain clinics were good as well. I'll probably go and see one here pretty soon. I don't understand what you mean about 'seeker' syndrome.

I've been doing pretty good pain wise up until this point. My back went into a major spasm one day, and it's progressed to not being able to pick up much of anything, standing for more than 10 minutes, or anything else. I sure wish I were back at work. *sigh*

People who go to the er with chronic back complaints and are targeted as seekers. What you dont think are not narcotics can be sold or taken by someone to get high with. I am not saying you are I dont want to get jumped for someone thinking I am. I would really look into a pain clinic.

LunaChick
12-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Seeker syndrome (at least what I think evrita is referring to) is when people *produce* pain, most of the time back pain, to get pain medication. (I'm not saying that you are doing this). Tramadol is addictive. It's an opioid receptor (morphine-like) drug. Although it is non-narcotic you can still become addicted to this medication.

tljohn123
12-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Boy if I'm producing this pain, I sure as hell wish I could turn it off. It is NOT my intention to get as many pain meds as I can. I wish I didn't have this pain. I wish I could be working right now. I wish a lot of things! But this pain is not one of them.

I am not trying to go off on anyone, but this sorta irks me. To be told this is a 'classic seeker syndrome' leads me to believe that some may believe I am making this up. I fully intend on doing what this ortho doctor wants...and if this includes a pain management clinic, then so be it! I can't stand this!

BTW, my brother is the one who is a 'seeker'. He is the one who manages to get whatever drug he wants. He is the one that goes to a doctor in MI and gets tons of vicodin and whatever else.

So. I want this to get better. And I don't care what I have to do. Continous drugs are not an option for me.

Shopperhol
12-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I hope you feel better, take care of yourself!

April78945
12-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Well, I believe you. I don't think they are saying you are a seeker, just that they know what a seeker does and unfortunatly you have the same symptoms. I kinda get it, it was said oddly, but I think I understand. You are having a hard time at your drs because of OTHER people making up what you have for real, so all drs are on alert for druggies. I think. I dunno.

I know that if my husband goes to the dr with a headache, he walks out with scripts. I don't know how he does it. He has morphine, percocet 10 AND 15, Lorazopam, Cyclobenzaprine and Valium. He did have back surgury on Monday..but he has been on these meds for MONTHS if not years. I can't even tell when he takes them but I took a percocet 15 the other day just because I couldn't relax and I was high as a damn kite I had to have my babysitter sleep over because I was worried I would sleep through the kids getting up. Drugs are NOT fun to rely on and I absolutly believe you!

I hope you feel better and can get back to work soon. Rest up and relax while you can. **hugs**

msmom79
12-25-2008, 10:32 PM
sure hope you feel better soon(huggles to you) by the way you have a fantastic family to help you out and that cares for you so much

LunaChick
12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Boy if I'm producing this pain, I sure as hell wish I could turn it off. It is NOT my intention to get as many pain meds as I can. I wish I didn't have this pain. I wish I could be working right now. I wish a lot of things! But this pain is not one of them.

I am not trying to go off on anyone, but this sorta irks me. To be told this is a 'classic seeker syndrome' leads me to believe that some may believe I am making this up. I fully intend on doing what this ortho doctor wants...and if this includes a pain management clinic, then so be it! I can't stand this!

BTW, my brother is the one who is a 'seeker'. He is the one who manages to get whatever drug he wants. He is the one that goes to a doctor in MI and gets tons of vicodin and whatever else.

So. I want this to get better. And I don't care what I have to do. Continous drugs are not an option for me.

I'm not saying you are making this up. I guess I didn't make my post as clear as I would have liked to. I worked in pharmacy for 10 years. I've seen what people do to get pain medications. It usually starts with an injury or trauma. I personally know someone with the signs I described in my post. Yes, people can exacerbate the physical pain. It doesn't mean they are conscience of what they are doing and it certainly doesn't mean they are faking an injury.

I don't know you. I have no idea of what you are going through. I was merely trying to explain (in the way that I knew) what evrita was trying to say.

Pain management and chiropractic care combined will do wonders. I hope you start feeling better soon.

tljohn123
12-26-2008, 09:36 AM
First, let me say....I'm sorry for being nasty yesterday. When you hurt like this, you tend to take everything the wrong way. And I did. I know you're all trying to help. I took a three hour nap yesterday after I posted this and didn't wake up feeling any better. Just got into a nastier mood. It's hard to keep from snapping.

April---how is your hubby doing and what did he have done? Crappy thing to do right before Christmas.

I promise everyone...I am not looking for ways to get more and more drugs. My brother takes care of that department lol. I just want to get better...and it's not. I'ma go take a shower now while Ed is still home and can watch out for me.

Mary Jo
12-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Aww. Back pain is such a pain in the butt.
It takes forever to feel better, or at least it seems.
I don't believe you're a seeker just justifiably whiny.
Rest up, be the queen of your little corner of the universe and let people wait on you. Get better soon.

April78945
12-26-2008, 07:17 PM
April---how is your hubby doing and what did he have done? Crappy thing to do right before Christmas.

He had a diskectomy or however you spell it. He had a ruptured disk that was pressing against nerves and making him have siatica down the front and back of his legs. The dr opened up the base of his spine and shaved off 40% of the disk, he has 12 staples. He was doing ok, staying in bed and whining to me over the phone. I guess last night after he left here e got worse. He can't stand or lay down and is only comfortable sitting on the floor (which he isn't supposed to do..sit). He has tingling nubness in both legs and can't feel his penis. He hasn't pooped since Saturday so he is in pain there as well. He actually tried to pee and couldn't even feel if he did or not. I called his dr and he said that the spot of the surgury was so close to nerves that the nerves are inflammed I guess and called in a script for cortozone pills. He said if he isn't better in 2 days he may end up in a wheelchair.

This part makes me a horrible person...I don't care. I mean, I feel like I should. Bt I really don't. His whining is like nails on a board and I just want to scream "KARMA" and hang up on him. He didn't do **** when he puched me and I broke my ankle so I just don't even care. I am faking it for the kids but for the life of me..I can't draw up ANY compassion. I am such a bad person.

YankeeMary
12-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Aww. Back pain is such a pain in the butt.
It takes forever to feel better, or at least it seems.
I don't believe you're a seeker just justifiably whiny.
Rest up, be the queen of your little corner of the universe and let people wait on you. Get better soon.

:rofl:

tljohn123
12-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I talked to my boss today...Ed picked up my less than one week check. Boy that one hurt. My manager told me that it was slow so it was a good thing that this happened now instead of during the busy time. She told me they all missed me and to rest and get better. Now, I have to fill out paperwork for short term disability when it gets here. I hope that goes off without a hitch.

April, I don't blame you for not being sympathetic towards your almost ex spouse. After reading just a few of the things he did....I wouldn't feel sorry for his ass anyway.

Gonna go to bed I think.