PDA

View Full Version : anyone here own a Cricut?

Urban Cowgirl
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
My Nana is thinking of buying one. they are expensive so I am wondering if its worth it. Also after the initial expense is there a lot of added aexpense? Which one do you reccommend?

diana_circe
12-23-2008, 06:57 AM
I don't know if this will answer your question, but there have been threads on this

http://www.bigbigforums.com/neener-neener/574742-i-have-cricut-my-house.html?highlight=cricut

dangerousfem
12-23-2008, 07:11 AM
My mom and several friends own one... they really like them. If your mom does a lot of scrapbooking.. then it is worth it...The cricut expressions is the better one to get... there are tons of cartridges you can get for them...(I sell some..LOL) the best place to buy the cartridges is on ebay... they are cheaper there than in the store

RNB16
12-23-2008, 07:36 AM
I bought the smaller one the day after Thanksgiving for $99 at Joanns. I used it to make my Christmas cards this year. I would love the bigger one but I'll wait till it comes down a bit in price maybe or they do a huge sale on it. Customcrops.com has good deals on Cricut stuff as well.

Kelsey1224
12-23-2008, 10:35 AM
I have it and love it. I have the one that takes the 6 inch wide paper. I do scrapbook but have found more uses in doing cards and gift bags. I buy the plain colored gift bags and personalize them. The end up looking great!

I do wish they had a font where the letters 'melded' together. As it is now, the letters all print out separately and you need to attached them one by one. Some of their 'pre-set' phrases are melded, but they don't have a melded font.

A great online store for these supplies and those for the other diecut machines (Silhouette, Cuttlebug, etc.) is "Crazy Scraps". They have the cheapest prices I have found.

dangerousfem
12-23-2008, 11:09 AM
A great online store for these supplies and those for the other diecut machines (Silhouette, Cuttlebug, etc.) is "Crazy Scraps". They have the cheapest prices I have found.

you should check out ebay.. their prices are way lower on there...