PDA

View Full Version : DD's church performance

MizzouLady
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I am so proud of my dd! Today she and another girl played their instruments during the offertory at church. DD plays flute and the other girl plays clarinet, and they are both 6th graders. They go to different schools, so this is the first time they have played together. They did so well! The other girl's dad is their SS teacher and says the plan is for them to do this every 2 or 3 months. Good experience for them.

tsquared
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
That is so neat.........i think it is good for kids to show their talents any way they can.

hotwheelstx
12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
That's wonderful. I'm sure later on your daughter will cherish the memory later on. I remember when my little brother did it with his school marching band. He played the sax. He thought he and a girl were "all that" with their own solo's during halftime at the homecoming.

gmyers
12-21-2008, 02:29 PM
She must be really good to get to do that. Good for her.

MizzouLady
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
She must be really good to get to do that. Good for her.

They're actually beginners, this is just their second year in band, but my church family understands that. Both of them sounded pretty good, although there were a few mistakes from them both. My church is not about perfection (after all, no one is perfect except Jesus Christ!), but likes to allow those who wish to the opportunity to serve the Lord in whatever capacity they can.

Thanks to all the congrats!

Lild
12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Awesome!

CLARKS4
12-21-2008, 06:45 PM
That is so neat.........i think it is good for kids to show their talents any way they can.
very well said
God wants us to use our talents and praise him. Tell her to keep up the good work. God will bless her. I'm sure you have already gotten a blessing.