PDA

View Full Version : digital transition too funny

skyrider
12-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I work for a cable company and spend everyday explaining to folks about the feb transition, a friend from work sent me this and i couldn't stop laughing though it is sadly too true http://www.hulu.com/watch/36608/talkshow-with-spike-feresten-cable-psa

ahippiechic
12-19-2008, 08:55 AM
LMAO! My DH gets so frustrated trying to explain this to some people! He'll love this vid.

babygirl08
12-19-2008, 09:28 AM
:stupido2: This Was Just To Funny!!! Looks Like Me Trying To Set Things Up. I Call My Sisters Husband. Thank God For Him Cause I Would Be Going Bla,bla,bla Myself!!!

4diego
12-19-2008, 09:43 AM
That really is funny! But it's sad, think of how many elderly people are still not going to have tv when the switch happens.

skyrider
12-19-2008, 09:47 AM
whats even funnier though ( i have been running a tally) is i have more younger people than elderly confused about this. geesh even had a tv salesman in his 20s confused lol

whatever
12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Well I did finally find out we needed the box for our vcrs to tape off our programs. We had asked sooo many people. The guy at a radio shacked explain to us you set the box on the channel you want to record and put the tv on the channel 3 to record. They did a test here the other night for people to see if they were "ready". But I missed it. I know our tvs are ready.
I feel sad for those who can't afford all this!
I also found out if you want to keep getting "free" over the air tv you need the box, PLUS an antenna if you have a reg. analog tv.

mom_i_am
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Whatever, were you watching channel 8? I missed it too. i was on the puter in the dining room

Anniston
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I am 32 and could not get my Dad's hooked up during Thanksgiving. He has one of those antennas that you use a turner to move it around on the roof (rural area). So, I still don't understand if he is going to have to move the antenna every time or not. I called the help line and they told me he may have to. We couldn't set it up anyway, as two of the channels were not yet converted. Hopefully we will get it figured out over Christmas.

whatever
12-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Whatever, were you watching channel 8? I missed it too. i was on the puter in the dining room
Yep, I think that's the one that was going to do the test at like 6:35 and I forgot till later that evening. Owell. LOL

I am 32 and could not get my Dad's hooked up during Thanksgiving. He has one of those antennas that you use a turner to move it around on the roof (rural area). So, I still don't understand if he is going to have to move the antenna every time or not. I called the help line and they told me he may have to. We couldn't set it up anyway, as two of the channels were not yet converted. Hopefully we will get it figured out over Christmas.
We have a large antenna on our roof we use. Is that what you mean?
You do NOT have to move it. You just attach to your roof. You can even put in attack is what my dh says. We also live in a rural area.
These are like what we have.............
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103085
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103087
I would recommend for people who would like to still get "FREE" over the air tv.. If you have to have the converter box. Because they say you still have to have an antenna WITH the box. And so this would save having a box with EACH tv/box group. PLUS it would be sooo much easier. JMHO.