PDA

View Full Version : Karma for my ex.

LuvBigRip
12-18-2008, 12:35 PM
As many of you know about my ex dickwad. He has stuck me with tens of thousands of dollars in bad debt, credit cards he rung up in my name, utility services again in my name and so on.

Almost one year ago, he had my 14 year old DS committed to a mental institution, without my consent. The state had stepped in, was going to give me custody that day, and he snuck to Grand Junction, under cover of night and had DS committed. He and the wife (ex best friend, mother of their child born during our marriage that i was her coach for....blah blah blah) said that they were mother and father, not step and father....they used my insuance card for DS to be admitted.

Anyways, I got DS out, my insurance was billed and they paid the 50% under the policy for mental health. So, I get a bill in the mail for $4,984.00, that is the 50% remainder. I almost passed out. Well, my company had offered to pay the balance (I work for a fabulous place, I may have mentioned that oh say 1000x) but to try to work out my exdickwad paying at least 50% of that. In the meantime I also was negotiating with Colorado West Mental Health. I explained to them that they had already got more from my insurance than they would have gotten for a non-insured patient.

Months rolled by, and as I am sure you guessed the dickwad refused to pay any of the balance. I was talking to Sheila (yes a first name basis) the accounts lady at CWMH about 2 months ago. She told me they had reduced the remainder to $3,000 but that was the final they would do. I told her that the whole thing was BS, since dickwad and wife had committed him without my permission and so on. She said, what, what did you say, and I told her again. She said she needed to talk to legal and financials and she would get back to me....do you see where this may be going?

Last Thursday, I got a call from her, saying she was reeally sure she would have good news for me in 24 hours, and to think positive thoughts. The following night at 6:45PM she called me from home. She had just gotten news from legal and according to Colorado state law, the parent who commits a minor child is responsible for all unpaid balances after insurance. She said they are completely removing my name from any and all responsibility from this bill. She also said that she spoke to Roberts caseworker, and they determined that they will NOT reduce the bill any further for the dickwad (the caseworker REALLY did not like him).

So, they are going to bill dickwad for $4,984.00 and my company does not have to pay anything (although I am eternally greatful for their offer to do so).

So, Karma.

April78945
12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Bwahahaaaaa!!! What a horrid man!!! So glad it's catching up!! Huge to you too! That must have been hell

speedygirl
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm glad to see he's getting his. Hopefully the new wife gets hers for impersonating you, next.

LuvBigRip
12-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Bwahahaaaaa!!! What a horrid man!!! So glad it's catching up!! Huge to you too! That must have been hell

Sadly, that is just the very tip of the iceberg as to the hell dickwad has put me through. :getyou

ElleGee
12-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Niiiiiiicccceeee!!!! That rocks biggie style!

YankeeMary
12-18-2008, 12:46 PM
What great news for you! Can you press charges against them. I am sure what they have done is illegal. Possibly your insurance company will look into fraud on their part. It would be great if they did and billed your ex for the entire amount. Now that would be wonderful...haha. Good for you, I am glad it is going in your favor.

LuvBigRip
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
No, since my son is covered under my insurance, they are legally responsible for their portion of the bill.

Jenefer3
12-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Glad that the ex is going to get back some of the crap he dishes out. I'm sorry that you and your son have had to go through all that, but am glad that you're able to have such a great employer.

YankeeMary
12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
No, since my son is covered under my insurance, they are legally responsible for their portion of the bill.

Well that stinks but hey its still $5,000 that would smart a bit.

ahippiechic
12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
You already know what I think, and he is sure to have more Karma coming his way also.

cabby92
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
It's good that they are leaving you alone but really, what will it do to him? Mess up his upstanding life, great credit and put his "job" at risk? Credit calls probably don't even faze them anymore.

I can't imagine the caseworker not liking him. I've always thought he sounded like such a personable fellow.

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
He and the wife (ex best friend, mother of their child born during our marriage that i was her coach for....blah blah blah)

I couldn't get my mouth to close after I read this. How long until you found out it was farktard's?

It just may bother him getting calls and bills, after all, all the bills he ran up were in your name so he hadn't been getting harrasing calls/letter, so yes Karma may just have come back and bit him in the coco's.

dinosmom
12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shann
12-18-2008, 02:24 PM
wow, he deserves this and a whole lot more. Remember this is the season of giving :D good thing karma doesn't ever take a day off

fleabones3
12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
OMG I would be going after them with everything I could.

Here's a question-- when they put your son in the hospital.. was there a good reason for doing so.. or just so they could piss you off and get him out of the house

keester88
12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Well congrats.

It's nice to see people actually get what they deserve once in a while.

LuvBigRip
12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
He and the wife (ex best friend, mother of their child born during our marriage that i was her coach for....blah blah blah)

I couldn't get my mouth to close after I read this. How long until you found out it was farktard's?

It just may bother him getting calls and bills, after all, all the bills he ran up were in your name so he hadn't been getting harrasing calls/letter, so yes Karma may just have come back and bit him in the coco's.

Their DD was born a few months before the DS involved in this situation. It was about a year later I threw him out, when the similarities in our kids was very obvious. That and he decided to make me a punching bag.

LuvBigRip
12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
OMG I would be going after them with everything I could.

Here's a question-- when they put your son in the hospital.. was there a good reason for doing so.. or just so they could piss you off and get him out of the house

Long story short, he decided to hit my son, which got CPS involved, he was supposed to drive over and hand over custody the next morning (why CPS left my son there I still have not figured out) anyways, instead of meeting me, he drove to the Mental Health hospital and said my son threatened to kill himself.

ilovecats
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Hoping the karma keeps coming.