Subject: Email to my Granddaughter

Guess you heard that 68% of "the youth vote" went to Obama. My
granddaughter called this morning to tell me she was one of them. I
replied with this e-mail:

The election of Obama comes down to this. Your grandmother and
I, your mother and other productive wage-earning taxpayers will have
their taxes increased and that means less income. Less income means we
will have to cut back on basic purchases, gifts and handouts. That
includes firing the Hispanic lady who cleans our house twice a month.
She just lost her job. We can't afford her anymore.

What is the economic effect of Obama's election on you
personally? Over the years, your grandmother and I have given you
thousands of dollars in food, housing, cash, clothing, gifts, etc., etc.
By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help. So in
the future, if you need assistance with your rent, money for gas, tires
for your car, someone to bring you lunch, etc...call 202-456-1111.
That's the telephone number for the Office of the President of the
United States. I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to send a check from his
personal or business accounts or leave cash in an envelope taped to his
front door.

It's like this. Those who vote for the President should
consider what the impact of an election will be on the nation as a whole
and not just be concerned with what they can get for themselves
(welfare, etc.)

What Obama voters don't seem to realize is that the
government's money comes from taxes collected from taxpaying families.
Raising taxes on productive people means they will have less money to
spend on their families. Congratulations on your choice.

For future reference, you might attempt to add up all you've
received from us, your Mom, Mike's parents and others and compare it to
what you expect to get over the next four years from Mr. Obama.

To congratulate Mr. Obama and to make sure you're on the list
for handouts, write to:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
NW Washington , DC 20500

Love you Lauren, but call the number listed above when you need
help. Granddad

IthinkNOT!
12-17-2008, 10:38 PM
here we go again...

atprm
12-17-2008, 10:44 PM
it's kind of funny...but hardly "newsworthy"... this is more of a chit chat thread...not a news article.

janelle
12-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Whoope sorry mods.

IthinkNOT!
12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
There have been enough of these floating around now, and every time I have read one like this or similar, the same thing has went through my head.

Exactly what business is it of anyone's who anyone other than their self voted for?

I mean, really people. Isn't this why we have private voting booths?

Isn't this why we live in America where we have the right to choose whatever candidate we think is better?

Who are some to decide that others are wrong on who they voted for? And who are some to decide to treat some differently because of it? And make snap judgements on people?

So far we have heard various examples of e-mails of people saying what they would like to see for people who voted for Obama.

We have had the "story" of the redistribution of wealth involving the waitress.

We have heard how the Catholic church doesn't want people who voted for Obama taking communion.

It's all some form of punishment for the ones who didn't vote the way certain groups of people wanted them too. And it is stupid.

It's like some are saying, well you didn't vote like I wanted you to, so let me make things a little harder for you, so that next time you will remember and vote like I want you to.

dangerousfem
12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
lol.. funny

janelle
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I think it's just reminding people their vote does have consequences.

But that email makes it seem the granddaughter was already on welfare----from her grandparents and everyone else in her life. Geesh--thousands of dollars from her grandparents----

"Over the years, your grandmother and I have given you
By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help."

Who gets that much from their grandparents anyway? They better start saving for their retirement. I do fell sorry for the older people who have lost so much money in this economy but the blame goes around to many and not just one person----no one is that powerful.

Now we will see what Obama will do with the mess.

April78945
12-18-2008, 12:44 PM
What was Mccain's plan again? I'm forgetting

YankeeMary
12-18-2008, 12:52 PM

It really doesn't matter as he lost, eh? (Not being snarky) I mean the "American People" voted and they voted against him. But if he would have won, he would be looking at the same mess that Obama is looking at. And the end results will not be known for years to come, as the current administration has everything so screwed up and we are so far in debt (thanks to this wonderful war and many other special "projects" ) I don't see how anyone could get us out now.

janelle
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM

He voted for the package that would bail everyone and their dog out so the Republicans lost interest in him, what little they had.

janelle
12-18-2008, 01:43 PM
It really doesn't matter as he lost, eh? (Not being snarky) I mean the "American People" voted and they voted against him. But if he would have won, he would be looking at the same mess that Obama is looking at. And the end results will not be known for years to come, as the current administration has everything so screwed up and we are so far in debt (thanks to this wonderful war and many other special "projects" ) I don't see how anyone could get us out now.

Obama was in the Senate and part of the current administration. Think he will change? I doubt it.

delSol
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Obama was in the Senate and part of the current administration. Think he will change? I doubt it.

yeah but he was too chicken to vote...

YankeeMary
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Yes I think we will see change. I hope and pray we see change. Regardless of whom anyone voted for, they should be hoping the same thing.

IthinkNOT!
12-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I think it's just reminding people their vote does have consequences.

But that email makes it seem the granddaughter was already on welfare----from her grandparents and everyone else in her life. Geesh--thousands of dollars from her grandparents----

"Over the years, your grandmother and I have given you
By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help."

Who gets that much from their grandparents anyway? They better start saving for their retirement. I do fell sorry for the older people who have lost so much money in this economy but the blame goes around to many and not just one person----no one is that powerful.

Now we will see what Obama will do with the mess.
Not necessarily. My Grandmother gave me thousands of dollars in food, housing, cash, clothing, gifts, etc. Who's grandparents haven't? If you consider all the meals you at at your Grandparents and spent the night, all the times they bought you birthday presents, all the time they handed you 5$ to go see a movie or buy candy, bought you clothes, just because they were cute, and you were the grandbaby. It adds up. A little here and there is a potential thousands in the making. It doesn't mean someone was on "welfare" from their grandparents. It means that they were loved and cared for.

speedygirl
12-18-2008, 08:05 PM
I've held off on commenting here but I feel that people write those emails and try to pass them off as the real thing for a drama effect.
If it was true I wouldn't want a relationship with a grandparent who defines their relationship with me on who I voted for instead of who I am. Lame.

janelle
12-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Well I was one of the youngest kids born before my grandparents died or got so old they just did not give gifts of any kind anymore since they had too many grandkids.

It's nice for those grandparents who are young and can still have a big influence in their grandkids lives but it's not like that with all grandkids and grandparents. Wish it was but I hardly knew my grandfathers and one grandmother. Only had one grandmother for any length of time and she died with I was in my twenties.

mabby89
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.emotty.com/images/emoticons/479.png