PDA

View Full Version : Fudge....

Army-Mom
12-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Does anyone has a really good recipe they would like to share for fudge? I want to make some at Christmas

pepperpot
12-16-2008, 07:08 AM
I thought you were venting nicely.....:lol

No fudge recipe here....:( but please share....:)

cathych
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Marshmallow cream fudge, easy as pie.
1/2 cup butter/margarine
2 cups sugar
1 carton (5 oz.) evaporated milk (2/3cup)
1pk (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels OR 2 cups milk chocolate Morsels)
1 Jar (7-10 oz) marshmallow cream
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)

Place butter in 9x9x2 inch dish. Heat in microwave on full power for one minute or until melted.
Blend in sugar and evaporated milk. Mix well.
Cook in microwave on level eight (medium to high) for 15-17 minutes or until softball stage is reached. Stir mixture frequently during cooking time.
Blend in chocolate morsels, marshmallow cream, vanilla and nuts. Stir until smooth.
Chill until firm. Cut into one-inch squares. Store in airtight container.

Anniston
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, Cathy, I have used that recipe as well, and it is easy and very tasty...which is why I don't make it...too tempting!!!

lisarae
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I use: (but for peanut butter fudge)

2 cups sugar
1 cup milk whole is best, but I use 2%
and a pinch of salt.
put on HIGH on stove until rolling boil. Then reduce to med-medium high. Let it boil for a minute or two then I add just over half a stick of butter. Let it boil 5-8 minutes to a soft ball in cold water. ( I hate using a therometer) AFter it gets to soft ball, I transfer it into a bowl, and add 1 cup of Jif peanut butter, and a tsp of vanilla. I mix and mix well. Put it over into a buttered dish and let cool.

Sorry its not an exact recipe, but thats the way I do it, and its trial and error on cooking time. Everyone LOVES my fudge, and says I need to sell it. ( I should because as much as I make it gets expensive). I cant make double batches either, it never turns out, so I make them one at a time.

meltodd69
12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Fudge

2 bags chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 stick of butter
1 Eagle Brand can of sweetend condensed milk

Mix all ingredients together and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well, microwave another 2 minutes. Stir well again and add nuts if wanted. Put in a 9x13 greased pan and refridgerate. Enjoy!

Easiest fudge recipe I ever tried.

Army-Mom
12-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Fudge

2 bags chocolate chips (12 oz.)
1 stick of butter
1 Eagle Brand can of sweetend condensed milk

Mix all ingredients together and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well, microwave another 2 minutes. Stir well again and add nuts if wanted. Put in a 9x13 greased pan and refridgerate. Enjoy!

Easiest fudge recipe I ever tried.

Does this set up to be real firm? that is what I love...yummy! this sounds real real easy:dancing:

teenap
12-16-2008, 11:35 AM
yup, it comes out great! I made it last month, perfect

cathych
12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
my mom used to make that marshmallow cream fudge all the time, and it sets up, and is very creamy. yum.

DIRKSWIFE4
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
this is a fast creamy rich fudge,

1 can of frosting choc. or vanilla
1 frosting can of peanut butter

microwave frosting 30 sec. at a time til melted
add peanut butter stir
microwave 30 secs at a time to melt PB
pour into dish allow to set.

MERE CHAT
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm making at least 2 types of fudge this year with the sweetened condensed milk. Eagle Brand has lots of different recipes and I always line an 8x8 pan with foil, drape over the edges for easy removal, and I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before I remove it and cut it up. Two faves last year were white festive fudge and chocolate butterscotch.

nightrider127
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm making at least 2 types of fudge this year with the sweetened condensed milk. Eagle Brand has lots of different recipes and I always line an 8x8 pan with foil, drape over the edges for easy removal, and I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before I remove it and cut it up. Two faves last year were white festive fudge and chocolate butterscotch.

Link please. TIA.

cathych
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
the recipes are on the backs of the sweetened condensed milk.

vicky122
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
I use I bag of chocolate chips I can of sweeten condensed milk 1 tbl of van. and black walnuts.
Melt chips and milk and nuts put in a buttered pan and stick in refrig

nightrider127
12-16-2008, 05:39 PM
the recipes are on the backs of the sweetened condensed milk.

Thanks, but I did a search on Eagle Brand milk and found tons of recipes.

msginna
01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I am going to make FUDGE !!!!!! I have never made it before and I am going to buy a gazillion number of ingriedients and I am going to do it!!! YAYYYY MEEE. I want to make it for a specific cause but I want to learn as well.

mom2pckm
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
here's one my sis in law made us for christmas....one paula dean made she uses velveeta cheese in it!!!

it was actually good, my kids loved it!!!

Ingredients
1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, sliced
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts, pecans, walnuts
2 (16-ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Directions
Spray lightly the bottom of a 9 by 2-inch square pan with a nonstick spray.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the cheese and butter together, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and nuts.

In a large bowl sift together the sugar and cocoa. Pour the cheese mixture into the sugar and cocoa mixture and stir until completely mixed. The candy will be very stiff.

Using your hands, remove candy from bowl and press evenly and firmly into pan. Because of the amount of butter in this recipe, pat the top of the candy with a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Place pan in refrigerator until candy is firm.

To serve candy, cut into squares.

Shann
01-13-2009, 12:33 AM
darn it, now I want fudge. I've never made it myself, but will have to try a creamy recipe...

and velveeta cheese? :lol I honestly don't know that I could make or eat any fudge knowing that there was cheese in it first LOL

MamaArc
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
wow I never heard of making fudge with Velveeta. I will have to show the kids this recipie cause we have all the ingredents so maybe if they think it will be good we can try it.

msginna
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
the valveta one sounds funky... lol