PDA

View Full Version : just a smal vent about my dang foot

skyrider
12-12-2008, 06:36 PM
On monday before Thanksgiving I fell off the city bus( the steps were wet) I thought i had twisted it no biggie, The next day I went to work and was talked into going to er. Bad sprain bruised bone no biggie.. I have to walk about a 1/4 mile from bus to my house with crutches and air cast. After 2 weeks weaned myself off crutches and thought i was doing good but still hurting. Follow up with orthopedic doc and I have a severe sprain of the midline of my foot. tore the tendon that runs across the top of foot. I am now in a big fat heavy boot thing and back on crutches grrrrrr. If not better in 2 weeks then mri and possiblity of surgery. And yet i still have to walk to dang bus stop tomorrow morning grrrrrr lol

BeanieLuvR
12-12-2008, 07:45 PM
That stinks. I hope it is feeling better soon and you don't have to have surgery. Be careful walking.

Bliss
12-13-2008, 02:58 PM
It's gotta suck! Hope you feel better soon.

Anniston
12-13-2008, 06:09 PM
So sorry to hear that. Be careful.

sunniekiss
12-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Be careful.

skyrider
12-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank you guys

ElleGee
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
UGh that sucks!! I tore the tendon under my foot.. Not the same thing but I do know all about the surgery/crutches/cast/walking thing. It's horrible!

Get better soon :hug

Kelsey1224
12-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Been there...done that. Thanksgiving 2005...I fell. Doctor said it was a bad sprain...but ordered an MRI. Two weeks later, the results showed that I had a non-displaced fracture (the broken bone had moved back into place) and multiple torn tendons and ligaments. I went from an air cast to that heavy walking boot that you are now experiencing. The only up side was that I had no pain when my ankle was immobilized in the big boot. With the air cast, I could barely walk with crutches because of the pain.

Take care and I hope you heal quickly!!!

iluvmybaby
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Thank you guys

Keep us updated, hope you DONT need surgery