PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who are Military retired...

sunflowers
12-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Did you stay with Delta dental as your provider or did you find another company that was cheaper. Seems they are a little high.$109 a month so I was just curious.
Thanks for any help as you know the miltary doesnt give much when you retire they expect you to know it all.

freeplease
12-11-2008, 06:37 AM
We were lucky enough to get coverage through my husbands employer. Delta is not good. I asked about it at my dentists office, and they said it's basically crap. lol The office manager there is also retired military, and she said she'd never get it. They don't pay much. And you're right, the monthly fee is kind of high.

atprm
12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
we liked delta when I was in, but once I got out, it sucked.

we are covered under my dh's United Healthcare plan. HOWEVER... if he loses his job I guess we will try to get the delta back.

LOL

SLance68
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
We have had Delta for our company for several years and love them. My dentist has a ton of patients that use Delta and they prefer them over a lot of other companies. That price seems pretty excessive unless you have the top PPO plan which wasn't that much for our small company. The family plan was about 1/2 of that for their top plan. You might want to just call them and find out what a family plan would be without telling them you are already covered. You might get it cheaper going directly with them.

sunflowers
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
We have had Delta for our company for several years and love them. My dentist has a ton of patients that use Delta and they prefer them over a lot of other companies. That price seems pretty excessive unless you have the top PPO plan which wasn't that much for our small company. The family plan was about 1/2 of that for their top plan. You might want to just call them and find out what a family plan would be without telling them you are already covered. You might get it cheaper going directly with them.

that is a family of 4 plan and it is a PPO plan...