PDA

View Full Version : OMG... rotflol Man with no arms caught driving

atprm
12-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Man with no arms caught driving

Chinese police have pulled over a man driving a 4x4 only to find that he had no arms.

Last Updated: 12:49PM GMT 28 Nov 2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01122/Armless_Driver_1122852c.jpg

Police were amazed at their discovery during a routine check of vehicles on the road.

Zing Shen, 42, was steering the vehicle with his feet and said he had been doing so for years.

It was reported that he was stunned when police officers issued him with a public safety summons.

The man told traffic police that ever since he lost his arms in an industrial accident several years ago, he had used his feet to steer his vehicle without difficulty. He has no arms from the elbows down.

His car was an automatic so he did not have to concern himself with changing gear.

A police spokesman in Beijing said: "The man said that he was a very safe driver and felt he was as good as anyone else on the road, despite his disability.

"He had an automatic so did not need to worry about changing gears and said he had put a lot of practice into learning to control the steering wheel with his legs.

"He said he was actually even more careful now with driving than he had been before he lost his arms. He was surprised when we arrested him."

myspirit
12-01-2008, 04:03 AM
I hope he doesn't get in any kind of trouble. I say Good for him to not let his disability hinder him!

atprm
12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
I put the rotflol in the title because, I don't find that to really be an issue -- but I guess in China it's newsworthy...

PinkAquila
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
He is braver than I am.
I'm 39 and still do not have a drivers lic.

I was in car wreck at 16yrs old, and I'v had a phobia since.