PDA

View Full Version : Michigan state help

hotwheelstx
11-30-2008, 05:13 AM
We're leaving for Michigan on Tuesday. Aggie's dad passed away on Wednesday. We just got back lastnite from Florida....we were on the way to see him, arrived to late.

Anyway, what's the weather like up there now? I've never been. I'm needing to know what kind of clothing we need to take.

The funeral's in Custer.....Monroe County. Sorry I'm not sure where that's at.

Any info. would be great on the upcoming week's weather. We'll be there about 4 days..........Thursday-Sunday.

Thanks,
Melanie

freeby4me
11-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Its between 20 and 30 degree's but tonight into Monday we're supposed to be getting alot of snow. That should all be cleaned up if you're coming in on Thursday though.
The only real thing I can tell you is layers, lots of layers to keep you warm. Do you have a good winter jacket?

hotwheelstx
11-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Its between 20 and 30 degree's but tonight into Monday we're supposed to be getting alot of snow. That should all be cleaned up if you're coming in on Thursday though.
The only real thing I can tell you is layers, lots of layers to keep you warm. Do you have a good winter jacket?

Yes, I have a winter jacket. Not sure if it's good enough for Michigan weather. It doesn't get that "cold" here in Houston. I'll see if I can find something in the stores today that will work.

tsquared
11-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Mel Sorry for your families loss and have a safe trip.

RNB16
11-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Here is a link to what the weather will be like this week in Custer
http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/schoolday/tenday/USMI0213?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_schoolday

All of West Michigan is getting hit hard with snow starting tonight, I'm definatly not looking forward to it!
Sorry for your loss and have a safe trip!

wubbywa
11-30-2008, 07:01 AM
I live in Monroe. It is cold you will want a winter coat, sweaters, long pants of course. Its not like you will be outside much so if you dont have tons of cold weather attire you will be fine.
Custer is General CUster and there is a statue of him in town. They have him as a hero here in Monroe. Can't figure that one out.
Monroe isnt a huge area so just follow road signs.
Sorry about the loss in your family. Its so hard being far away.

By the way they are calling for snow tomorrow but the amount changes--thats Michigan for you.

Army-Mom
11-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Dont know anything about MI. but I am very sorry for your families loss..my thoughts and prayers are with you.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Mel & Aggie, sorry for your loss.

Have a safe trip.

lucimPI
11-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. Drive safe.

atprm
11-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Anyway, what's the weather like up there now? I've never been. I'm needing to know what kind of clothing we need to take.

The funeral's in Custer.....Monroe County. Sorry I'm not sure where that's at.

Any info. would be great on the upcoming week's weather. We'll be there about 4 days..........Thursday-Sunday.

Thanks,
Melanie

first of all, sorry for your loss.

secondly, if you want to meet up when you are here (if there is time)...I will pm you my phone number -- you will be about 30 minutes away from me!!

You are going to Monroe, Michigan -- again, it's about 30 minutes away.

We are set for about 2 - 4 inches of snow with rain mix by Monday night --
Monroe County, Western Wayne County (one county up from Monroe), and Lenawee County (one county to the west) are in a band area that will not get hit as the rest of the state will (aren't we lucky?? -- the answer is YES WE ARE!!).

Monroe, Michigan is a BEAUTIFUL old-fashioned city. It's very easy to navigate. There is an outlet mall in Monroe, but there is nothing at Outlet prices there, so I never go there!

How long will you be up here for?

I will say, that you need to bring WINTER clothes -- hats, gloves, coats, boots... we are Michiganders, and you never know just how accurate the forecast is...

our high today is almost 40, but the rest of the week will be in the low to mid 30's -- definitely arctic to anyone from Texas! LOL

email me or pm me if you want -- djskypp @gmail.com

Again, I am very sorry for your loss -- you have mine and my families sympathies.

editing to add: If you can't find "winter" clothing, it's ok -- there is a Meijers in Monroe, and they are great on prices for winter clothing (it's like a Super Walmart, only much better) -- couple things on Meijers ... they double coupons to 50 cents here, they limit you to 2 like coupons doubled, all the rest are face value (in case you are looking to buy snacks or pop).

do you know where you will be staying when you arrive?
do you know what funeral home your FIL is going to be at?
how are you arriving?

If you are arriving by plane, you will be flying into Detroit Metro Airport -- which is located in Romulus, MI and is about 40 minutes north of Monroe. If you are arriving by plane, you might be arriving into Toledo Express Airport, which is actually west of Toledo, off of OH Route 2... nearer Sylvania and Maumee, Ohio. If you are checking for plane tickets....flying into Toledo Express will get you cheaper airfare, than flying into Detroit Metro.

If you need someone to pick you up from either airport -- just let me know -- I would be more than happy to accomodate you and your family.

If you are driving from Houston -- it's 28 hours straight through -- no stopping except for gasoline! (been there done that from TC Jester & Antoine Drive)

hotwheelstx
11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
first of all, sorry for your loss.

secondly, if you want to meet up when you are here (if there is time)...I will pm you my phone number -- you will be about 30 minutes away from me!!

You are going to Monroe, Michigan -- again, it's about 30 minutes away.

We are set for about 2 - 4 inches of snow with rain mix by Monday night --
Monroe County, Western Wayne County (one county up from Monroe), and Lenawee County (one county to the west) are in a band area that will not get hit as the rest of the state will (aren't we lucky?? -- the answer is YES WE ARE!!).

Monroe, Michigan is a BEAUTIFUL old-fashioned city. It's very easy to navigate. There is an outlet mall in Monroe, but there is nothing at Outlet prices there, so I never go there!

How long will you be up here for?

I will say, that you need to bring WINTER clothes -- hats, gloves, coats, boots... we are Michiganders, and you never know just how accurate the forecast is...

our high today is almost 40, but the rest of the week will be in the low to mid 30's -- definitely arctic to anyone from Texas! LOL

email me or pm me if you want -- djskypp @gmail.com

Again, I am very sorry for your loss -- you have mine and my families sympathies.

editing to add: If you can't find "winter" clothing, it's ok -- there is a Meijers in Monroe, and they are great on prices for winter clothing (it's like a Super Walmart, only much better) -- couple things on Meijers ... they double coupons to 50 cents here, they limit you to 2 like coupons doubled, all the rest are face value (in case you are looking to buy snacks or pop).

do you know where you will be staying when you arrive?
do you know what funeral home your FIL is going to be at?
how are you arriving?

If you are arriving by plane, you will be flying into Detroit Metro Airport -- which is located in Romulus, MI and is about 40 minutes north of Monroe. If you are arriving by plane, you might be arriving into Toledo Express Airport, which is actually west of Toledo, off of OH Route 2... nearer Sylvania and Maumee, Ohio. If you are checking for plane tickets....flying into Toledo Express will get you cheaper airfare, than flying into Detroit Metro.

If you need someone to pick you up from either airport -- just let me know -- I would be more than happy to accomodate you and your family.

If you are driving from Houston -- it's 28 hours straight through -- no stopping except for gasoline! (been there done that from TC Jester & Antoine Drive)

Emailing you now w/information. Thanks so much.