PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any good stories about the family gathering yesterday?

diana_circe
11-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Ours was fairly uneventful, the turkey was dry, there wasn't enough seating and my sister invited her older, slightly mentally challenged friend who smelled like he hadn't bathed in a while. We watched Hancock, and Mike spend the majority of his time there outside smoking.

But I was listening to the radio and they were talking about bad family gatherings and one person said her brother pulled a knife on another sibiling because they said the guy's son had man boobs :lol

Another person mentioned that their mom got mad at a sibling and threw the whole turkey at them.

So, any funny, or not-so-funny, stories to share?

meltodd69
11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Not yet! Our official dinner is at Babygirl08's today. My DS's girlfriend might have a strange day with us fussing over the baby to be. She has been hiding I think lol. Well Great Grandma to be will be all over her today. Hope she is ready lol.

G'maDebbie
11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
We had a great day yesterday! We had a great dinner, spent time with family and friends and just enjoyed the day.

catdance
11-28-2008, 11:25 AM
I vounteered and it was a really rewarding and FUN time but I have no desire for TURKEY for a really LONG time!
I hacked up 14 with a friend I brought along, it was a really good time!
And I got to meet new friends.. :) !

MsLynn
11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
well i didn't have to spend time with family, lol, so mine was pretty good, like i said in my birthday thread we were busy, so i dealt with familys who's thanksgiving totally sucked.

April78945
11-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Mine was PERFECT!! It was the first year I didn't have to deal with Wayne being rude to my mom and walk on eggshells the whole time. Wayne at at his house (he lives with his mom) and I took the kids to my moms. It was SO relaxing. My step father took the kids out for a long walk around the lake so my mom and I could clean the kitchen up and chat and then we all sat in front of the fire and relaxd while the kids played with my mom's new kitten. It was just so relaxing. I never knew what a hold that ******* had on me until now..I RELAXED and wasnt on edge. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

diana_circe
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Sounds like everyone had a more pleasant time than the people I mentioned earlier. I'm glad to hear it!

msmom79
11-28-2008, 07:19 PM
no stories here either-we had a great thanksgiving for once-i was so grateful that it was so peaceful

BigLyd1
11-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, I had to go to the hospital because of a kidney stone. OUCH! Thankfully we weren't having people over that day. A friend invited us. DH went without me. He brought back a big plate of food for me but ate most of it today. He left me with a slice of turkey :rolleyes:

MistyWolf
11-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Had a nice time here. Cooked for my family and than later my brother and I went out for a bit with some friends.

ElleGee
11-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Mine was PERFECT!! It was the first year I didn't have to deal with Wayne being rude to my mom and walk on eggshells the whole time.

Lucky you! My ex dh and sister are best friends and the ass was at my mother's yesterday.. Effhead got drunk and we had to drive him home.. All he did was act like a drunk idiot. I was not amused.

He almost passed out on my sister's bed so I thought "yay we don't have to drive him home" Nope. He calls me from my sister's room and I am 3 rooms away.. Then when it was time to go He went outside , sat in his car, opened the window and proceeded to puke down the side of his car. I mean his car is a piece of crap but ew.

I barely drank even though we played Drunken Jenga (it topples on your turn you take a shot) Effhead was taking everyone else's shots for them.

My dh was pissed at me b/c I offered to take him home. Which he's right, but I didn't want my step father driving him home when we are closer. Plus he refused to stay over and my sister could've driven him home but he insisted on going home then...

I'll never do that again...

It would have been so much more fun if he weren't there.

NJ was really fun. Much more low key than my family. My family is very loud and sailor like in the mouth lol.. But yeah it was fun other than that

kidzpca
11-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't know about family gatherings but the son I have been searching for 19 years...um he was given up for adoption without my consent by now ex-wife...long story anyhow

I searched for years and found confirmation of adoption about 10 years ago.

son popped up on classmates on Wednesday the 26th stating going to my middle school but didn't ad up, I researched and suspected it was my son now 22years.

On Thanksgiving he emailed me back through classmates and states from questions i asked,

"Yes I am him. Don't know what to say. I want to hear your story."

I emailed back through classmates my cell phone and told him to call as we need to talk and more can be said in a short period than emails.

I am currently waiting until he decides to do so.

ElleGee
11-29-2008, 09:50 AM
:hug Good luck with that! Let us know how it turns out. Please :)

dinosmom
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Mine was a little crazy...but thats nothing new at my house! LOL

Lets see....we had a ton of people because we invited a few neighbors who were just staying home too. We had 2 deep fried turkeys-one was cajun style-made by one neighbor. We had the one I had in the oven and we had 2 smoked turkeys done by another neighbor. Plus every single side dish you could invision-including homemade tamales and collard greens! YUM!!!!!

I dropped a glass dish (thankfully it was empty) on my kitchen floor and it SHATTERED EVERYWHERE and I was in barefeet! I had to throw out the salad because it was on the counter and some glass was in the bowl.

It was a total BLAST. By far the best Thanksgiving ever! Good food, good friends and family. And I didnt realize it, but they all cleaned up my kitchen and put away all of the food for me (a task I usually hate). That was awesome. We did have a few people stay over because they partook in the libations a bit too much. LOL And the cops came...but they were invited! :)

krisharry
11-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Peaceful day here, made 8 pies, a cheescake, and cupcakes Wed, 2 turkeys, a ham and all the sides on Thanksgiving, I was the only female in a crowd of about 20. At least I was smart enough to use paper plates. Kids watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving w/everyone, then went upstairs to watch the Clone Wars movie, the rest of us played poker til the wee hours. A really fun day w/no drama for once. Oh and my coffee maker exploded before dessert so DH and his buddy ran up to the gas station for 2 dozen cups of coffee.

Urban Cowgirl
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Very nice family gathering......We had 107 attend (thats IF everyone signed the guest book)!