PDA

View Full Version : Computer moniter

MizzouLady
11-27-2008, 04:23 PM
My computer moniter went out this morning. The screen kind of turned a little and then went blank. I did everything but stand on my head to get it to work. Luckily, I had a moniter from another computer system that I can use for now, but my eyes don't like it. I went from a 15" moniter to a 14" moniter. I would love to get a 17" or 19" moniter, but money is too tight right now. Oh well, at least I still have something I can use, but I sure have a hard time reading it!

iluvmybaby
11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
My computer moniter went out this morning. The screen kind of turned a little and then went blank. I did everything but stand on my head to get it to work. Luckily, I had a moniter from another computer system that I can use for now, but my eyes don't like it. I went from a 15" moniter to a 14" moniter. I would love to get a 17" or 19" moniter, but money is too tight right now. Oh well, at least I still have something I can use, but I sure have a hard time reading it!

Too bad $ is tight, tomorrow is the best time to get it, if you can handle fighting to the DEATH for good deals

atprm
11-27-2008, 09:19 PM
about a month ago I got a new monitor because mine was doing the same thing...

I paid $170 SHIPPED for it... AND... it's a 22" widescreen LCD -- it's awesome and I will never go back to anything smaller

Mary Jo
11-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Don't you just hate stuff like that?
Computer repair shops often have cheap monitors .
I got mine for $30.

MizzouLady
11-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Don't you just hate stuff like that?
Computer repair shops often have cheap monitors .
I got mine for $30.

Thanks! I never thought about asking at a computer repair shop. My bil owns one so I may ask him if he has one that's bigger than what I have.

tunisia
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
It is so maddening and we don't realize how much we rely on pcs until something goes wrong. Mine went a few months ago and I was in the middle of sending something to a friend that she needed. I ran out on a sunday @5pm to circuit city and fortunately they had a good sale. I got a 19" which seemed huge after having a 15". glad you had a spare. I even tried using my old style monitor but it didn't work.

iluvmybaby
11-28-2008, 08:20 PM

Before I forget, try your local salvation army/thrift store, I got one for $20 once

LunaChick
11-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't know if you have a computer renaissance in your area, if so, you can get a really good deal on a refurbished monitor. I got a 19'in years ago from them for like 30 bucks. I still have it in case one of my monitors goes out.

http://www.compren.com/

rlynn411
11-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I just bought for both my kids 19" widescreen LCD monitors for $99 each.