PDA

View Full Version : question on sprees

Surfergal
11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I see the announcment on RTV site that says refreshing your browser does not help. If I am on site at 4:30pm today, does the site change to show you the clickable icons? I have tried so many of the times in the past and have never been able to get anything, but I always got to the site ahead of time and then refreshed when the time came up. Am I doing this wrong? I am set to lose another couple of million points in a month (again) if I am not able to get a prize soon.
ok I see now how it works - did not get anything again. I was there watched the time countdown, got the hourglass and the new page finally loaded, I clicked and it said all prizes were gone. I went back and tried another prize put in the code and same thing. bummer. Does anyone ever really get these?

jmakarose
11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Not me, haven't got in on a shopping spree in over a year. When my page changed, it was already all gone. Don't think I'm going to be doing this much longer, tired of not even having a chance at a prize!

topaz
11-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I used to always win the $10 cards until they made us put in a code
Now today, I couldn't even witn a $5.00 card
I can never get the code right

apple1950
11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I sometimes luck out and get one of the cards.

Surfergirl: Rather than lose points, why don't you bid on an auction item. You may get something that way.

Apollo08
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Hope you got something today, Surfergal. RTV keeps making changes for the worst. I did get a $10 Best Buy today, but I miss out on the sprees that are early or when I'm gone. Sometimes they don't offer anything that I would use, so I don't try for anything when I have the opportunity. There is nothing that I would want in the 11/25 spree and I'll be gone when they have the spree on Thanksgiving Day. If you don't have a very fast internet connection, everything will be gone before the page automatically comes up with the prizes. I do have a T-1 connection, so it's blazing fast.
I've only got one prize in the auction in my 3 1/2 years of playing because I was afraid that some points might expire. At that time, they offered better prizes and I got the prize at a lower amount than what I could have bought it for. I looked to see what is offered in the auctions. There are only a couple of prizes that I would want. They mostly offer DVDs and I download all of my movies for free, then burn them to DVDs. The GCs in the sprees have bids that are outrageously high. RTV has kept going downhill since Nielsen took over. I don't play much now and will probably only play enough to keep my account active.
Most of the sprees are set up for retired or stay at home people. I work 12 hour night shifts, so I'm rarely awake until late in the afternoon. The only way they could make it fair to everybody would be to either start having some sprees from midnight thru the early morning hours or just do away with them and offer GCs for higher point amounts and let members redeem when they got enough points. They dropped a lot of the merchants that I used to get GCs from. It seems like they always replace them with merchants that I don't use.
The only way that RTV will get the message about unhappy members will be for them to write and complain. Let them know what you think and only play enough to keep your account active if you want to stay a member. I already have complained. Why waste time on the site when many end up losing points at the end of some years because you couldn't spend your points? It's going to take a lot of complaints and many members to quit playing for them to do anything about it. Otherwise, the site is only going to get worse.

Surfergal
11-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks all - of courese I did not get anything. Last time I got someting on spree was during the Beta test. before that I would get them a few times a year when they had rules that you could only get one every other week. I used to have DSL but never got any - when I was working I could only do the ones late in the day. Now I have free slow dial up . Today I was on a borrowed with broadband. never see any auctions I want/ can "afford". I have tried several times but never won in the last few years - now I have about 3.5 mil points.