PDA

View Full Version : Angel Care Movement Sensor

Willow
11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Has anyone used one of these? I want to get one but can't find a store to buy one from. You can order them online from the stores website but I would rather be able to go into a store and buy one.

YankeeMary
11-19-2008, 10:50 AM
No clue where you can get one. But I have to ask, are you getting one to be cautious or is there a NEED??? I hope you are just cautious, if there is more, I will be waiting by the phone for your call...hehe Hugs to my little Lucy!!!

Willow
11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
It's just because I'm a worrier. lol Lucy is fine healthwise. It would just make me feel a bit better that's all. We had talked to her pediatrician about it last time we were there and he hadn't even heard of it. lol He said if it would help me to sleep better at night to get one but he said he didn't think it was necessary.

buttrfli
11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Where to Buy:

Retail Stores
# BuyBuy Baby
# JR.com
# Babies R Us
# Burlington Coat Factory

Willow
11-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks Teri! They don't carry them at our Babies R' Us store. We can buy one from their website though. I think that might be what we will have to do. Target also sells them on their website but doesn't carry them in the store. I didn't even think of the Burlington Coat Factory. I will check there.

buttrfli
11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Welcome :D

YankeeMary
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
It's just because I'm a worrier. lol Lucy is fine healthwise. It would just make me feel a bit better that's all. We had talked to her pediatrician about it last time we were there and he hadn't even heard of it. lol He said if it would help me to sleep better at night to get one but he said he didn't think it was necessary.

I was figuring that was the case...lol. I didn't know they even made them or you better believe I would have had one for Gracie...lol. The monitors we have now, I can hear her breathing...lol. Sucks being a worry wort doesn't it? Thank God our Lucy is fine!

Willow
11-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't remember worrying this much with the first two. How is Miss Gracie doing? I have a funny picture of Kevin that I thought Steven might like to see. Our printer is giving us trouble when we try to upload the pictures but I will have Kevin see if he can figure it out.

YankeeMary
11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't remember worrying this much with the first two. How is Miss Gracie doing? I have a funny picture of Kevin that I thought Steven might like to see. Our printer is giving us trouble when we try to upload the pictures but I will have Kevin see if he can figure it out.

Gracie is just remarkable. I can't believe she will be 2 in Feb. How did the time go by that fast? I didn't worry over the first 2 like this either. I think it is age, or to many tv shows or bad stories??? Its crazy though isn't it?

dixiechicken
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I have heard wonderful things about them. Dexter slept in our room until he was 6 months old so we didn't need it.

Willow
11-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Gracie is just remarkable. I can't believe she will be 2 in Feb. How did the time go by that fast? I didn't worry over the first 2 like this either. I think it is age, or to many tv shows or bad stories??? Its crazy though isn't it?

Did she have her music class this week? There is a dancing school I want Lucy to go to but Kevin said she couldn't go because she's not 3 years old yet. lol Danielle took step dance classes for a while but she didnt like it. I ask God to watch over her every night but I still worry. I think it's normal isn't it? lol

YankeeMary
11-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Did she have her music class this week? There is a dancing school I want Lucy to go to but Kevin said she couldn't go because she's not 3 years old yet. lol Danielle took step dance classes for a while but she didnt like it. I ask God to watch over her every night but I still worry. I think it's normal isn't it? lol

It has to be normal or we are both a mess...lol. Yes Gracie goes to music once a week. We are talking about putting her in art now...lol. She like going to open gym there is no structure there at all. We think music might be to structured, art class seems a good mix of both? We just are trying hard to find something where she can interact with kids her age. She already thinks she is a teenager thanks to the boys...lol.

Willow
11-19-2008, 12:12 PM
It has to be normal or we are both a mess...lol. Yes Gracie goes to music once a week. We are talking about putting her in art now...lol. She like going to open gym there is no structure there at all. We think music might be to structured, art class seems a good mix of both? We just are trying hard to find something where she can interact with kids her age. She already thinks she is a teenager thanks to the boys...lol.

Glad it's not just me then. lol Art sounds like fun. The other day I was telling Kevin what she calls Steven. :D

Qtxann315
11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
If you don't want to spend the full price on one, I suggest you to to go diaperswappers.com. There are so many mama's there that are selling their used baby stuff. I was looking for an Angelcare monitor also. I remember someone is selling her gently used one for like 55ppd. I believe it retails like 100. It is the one with two parent units.

Willow
11-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I have heard wonderful things about them. Dexter slept in our room until he was 6 months old so we didn't need it.

Thanks! Lucy is in with us. I kept all of my kids in the room with me until they were at least a year old. I want to get one because I think I might be able to sleep better knowing that the alarm will go off and wake me if God forbid she stopped breathing while I was asleep. An alarm will sound after 20 seconds of no movement. They say that even while babies sleep and look like they are still that there is actually still movement.

Willow
11-19-2008, 06:35 PM
If you don't want to spend the full price on one, I suggest you to to go diaperswappers.com. There are so many mama's there that are selling their used baby stuff. I was looking for an Angelcare monitor also. I remember someone is selling her gently used one for like 55ppd. I believe it retails like 100. It is the one with two parent units.

Thanks! The one we are thinking of getting is $79.99.