PDA

View Full Version : Get Motivated Seminars

belle5691
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Just curious if anyone has ever attended one and what they thought of it. I got to go to one in Kansas City last week where I live and I loved it. We had Colin Powell and Rudy Guliani and Tony Gonzales along with several others.

SLance68
11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I went to one about 15 years ago - boss paid for it or I would have not attended. Was it worth the $ 75 to 100.00 - not in my book it wasn't. I did enjoy hearing Mrs. Bush (the first one) speak - she was very entertaining. There were 2 other people that were big names - military - Schwartzkoft (sp) and I don't remember the others - not my cup of tea. Then the main guy who puts these things on spoke also - again not my cup of tea. I mostly sat there and made lists of stuff I needed to get done at the office.

Would I go again if someone purchased the tickets - No - I have learned one thing from that it was how to graciously decline tickets.

mosdata1
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I have no trust in the man who runs it. Peter Lowe has been in trouble with the law in FL. He liquidated the 1st co & incorporated again under Get Motivated.

I also knew people who worked there & they were told to up-sell on the packages & to discourage the 'potential clients' from discussing the purchase with their spouses. Also, if the client told them that they needed their $$ for rent/food/mortgage whatever, make them feel guilty for not investing in their future. This is supposed to be a christian company, but they are trained to have absolutely no compassion for the people who they are trying to sell their services to.

He was also famous for laying off workers right before the holidays. One of my friends was told to do this & she asked them how they could even consider doing this, as the co was quite solvent, as a matter of a fact the top people were getting huge bonuses. She told them that they needed to pray over what they were considering & if they still thought they were correct, they should then call the workers into their offices & fire them themselves. She also told them that if they were going to fire all these people, they better stop & think about how God would feel about them still giving themselves their bonuses, the lowest being $75k, when they were taking food off of their employees' tables. Needless to say, no one was laid off that holiday season.

belle5691
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Wow, interesting information.

I didnt do a lot of research before I went. Our tickets were $19 for the whole group so averaged about $4 each. And Tamara (Peters wife) was there, but not sign of him. I think if it hadn't listed that Rudy Guliani was going to be there, I would have avoided the seminar, but I have always been a "fan" of Mr. Guliani so welcomed the chance to hear him speak.

Thanks for the info from you guys, makes me check some other things out that a friend was going to do connected to the seminar.