PDA

View Full Version : If she were your sister..

ElleGee
11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
...could you forgive her.

One of the high profile murder cases in RI has got me thinking..

Here's the story with links on the bottom

Say you went to prison for a while on a drug charge and your sister and boyfriend take in your little boy who is only 3. DCYF approved this couple to take care of him.

One night, your sister and boyfriend come home totally drunk and find that the 3 year old spilled milk on the floor.. The boyfriend and sister beat the kid to death.. The sister admits to slapping him around and the boyfriend says he slapped the kid and he fell down a flight of stairs..

Your sister gets convicted of second degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder and is sentenced to 25-life.. The boyfriend is on trial now..

The sister pleaded with the Judge to give her a lighter sentence because she forgives her

http://outside.in/Providence_RI/tags/bunnell%20trial

http://www.abc6.com/news/featurestory/18972304.html

Could you forgive your sister for your son's death like that?

Lild
11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Nope, I couldn't.

ElleGee
11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Holy cow woman!! that was quick

Lild
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
LOL... I read quick...and you must've posted it as soon as I logged on..

atprm
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
human nature says no, however my faith says that I should.

Honestly, I would have a difficult time forgiving her... at the same time though, how much did I care about my child if I went to prison for drug charges in the first place???

iluvmybaby
11-18-2008, 03:55 PM
...could you forgive her.

One of the high profile murder cases in RI has got me thinking..

Here's the story with links on the bottom

Say you went to prison for a while on a drug charge and your sister and boyfriend take in your little boy who is only 3. DCYF approved this couple to take care of him.

One night, your sister and boyfriend come home totally drunk and find that the 3 year old spilled milk on the floor.. The boyfriend and sister beat the kid to death.. The sister admits to slapping him around and the boyfriend says he slapped the kid and he fell down a flight of stairs..

Your sister gets convicted of second degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder and is sentenced to 25-life.. The boyfriend is on trial now..

The sister pleaded with the Judge to give her a lighter sentence because she forgives her

http://outside.in/Providence_RI/tags/bunnell%20trial

http://www.abc6.com/news/featurestory/18972304.html

Could you forgive your sister for your son's death like that?

I would be in jail for murder

LitWtch
11-18-2008, 03:56 PM
There is *NO* way I would forgive anyone if they harmed my child let alone murdered them!

speedygirl
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I could try to forgive her in my heart but I think that she deserves the punishment.

Njean31
11-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Hell no! i would never forgive her. i know, i know........it's yet another untypical Christian thing of me. can't help it. my children are my world, i could not get over it.

ElleGee
11-18-2008, 04:07 PM

I said the exact same thing.

SLance68
11-18-2008, 04:15 PM
My thought would be - where did I leave that shovel? or How many hungry Gators are there in that lake down the street. Forgiveness is one thing - forgetting is another. Could I forgive - Don't know it would be extremely hard but the hatred would probably eat you alive if you didn't at least attempt to forgive her.

YankeeMary
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I can't honestly answer as I know without a shadow of a doubt that my sister wouldn't do anything to harm one of my children. I can't even fancy the thought.

Jenefer3
11-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't be able to forgive or forget. The moment I found out what she did to my child, I would cease all contact with her and I sure as hell wouldn't be asking the judge for a lighter sentence for her.

dv8grl
11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
No. I would murder both the boyfriend & the sister.

I'm sure my child-less sister would say the same thing as me, her child-less sister.

vicky122
11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't think so. My sister used my name once and It took some time to forgive her on that. So I know there would be no way in hell I would for this.

Jackie_Blu
11-18-2008, 06:04 PM
No. I would murder both the boyfriend & the sister.

Yep, me too.

ilovecats
11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't be able to forgive or forget. The moment I found out what she did to my child, I would cease all contact with her and I sure as hell wouldn't be asking the judge for a lighter sentence for her.

This is exactly how I feel.

pepperpot
11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
There is *NO* way I would forgive anyone if they harmed my child let alone murdered them!

I would have no use them.......

fairydana
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
If one of my sisters hurt a hair on my dogs head I wouldnt and couldnt forgive. I cant even begin to imagine how I would feel if it were my child. I am sayin Hell NO and I would Kill her and her boyfriend!

mabby89
11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
No way in hell would I forgive her.

meltodd69
11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I can't honestly answer as I know without a shadow of a doubt that my sister wouldn't do anything to harm one of my children. I can't even fancy the thought.

Exactly!!

JerseyMook
11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Hard to say.

Let's see - I am in jail on drug charges - could have gone the other way if she was in jail for something and I had the care of her child on a temporary basis and I lost it behind drugs and hurt/killed her child.

I almost blame the Social Service agency for not monitoring better or investigating better.

I can forgive anything but something like that would break my heart. Everyone is human and a moment can change a lifetime. I would understand that my sister would regret it the rest of her life and suffer as much as me. Being family I would hope that someday we would get past the tragedy and be able to support each other's grief.

Forgiveness is healing in so many ways.

I would first have to forgive myself for putting my child in harms way because of my selfish and reckless drug use.

MamaArc
11-19-2008, 06:27 AM
I can say my sister and her husband were watching my kids and when I get home my son is standing outside in the cold crying. Come to find out they hurt him pretty bad and he couldn't get his sister out of the house but I will never forgive her or forget.

I have had nothing to do with her for almost 7 years now and I will never have anything to do with her ever again. Funny thing is she would never disapline her kids, but when it comes to mine she and her husband didn't have a problem throwing him around their house or hitting him. Needless to say I don't trust anyone with my kids anymore and I never will.

My son is waiting for the moment he gets to confront her. She won't come anywhere near us, when she see's us she will run the other way. She claims he done all this to himself, but the police said there is no way he could've done that to himself.

My son didn't want to press charges, he didn't want to see her ever again. I wish we would've pursuded it cause then she couldn't be walking around telling everyone that my son is lying. If he done this to himself why does she run from him and me? If it was me I wouldn't run from something I didn't do. I would be right there standing up for myself not running and hiding.

krisharry
11-19-2008, 06:57 AM
I would no longer have a sister.

evrita
11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
They would never find her body. According to this story the mom was out of jail for a year all ready and the child was still in this scums custody. Yup the woods are a big place they would never ever find the body.

PrincessArky
11-19-2008, 07:53 AM

me too

LuvBigRip
11-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Nope. Never. Ever.