PDA

View Full Version : Palin did return the clothes...

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 08:58 PM
(Not that I think she should have had to.)

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/10/palin-sorts-wardrobe-return-rnc-bought-clothes/

Why did they buy them in the first place? I don't understand that. Its a bit misleading or something. I imagine if one side does it, then the other side does as well? Either way her daughter was carrying a purse I would have loved to have...haha.

speedygirl
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Her own party threw her under the bus, IMHO. She looked like the fool when in fact the RNC offered this up to her. I've said before that I'm not a fan of hers but I do empathize with her in this situation.

gmyers
11-16-2008, 09:05 PM
She said in an interview that all she asked for was toiletries and dr pepper. They wanted her to have the clothes.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Then why did they make her return them? I feel sorry for her. It has to be bit embarrassing.

speedygirl
11-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I think once some of the people who donated to the Republican party got ahold of the info and expressed outrage, the powers that be had to think quick and make up something by saying she was "borrowing" the clothes.
I completely believe her. I really feel bad that she has to go through all of this over a decision that others made for her.

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Then why did they make her return them? I feel sorry for her. It has to be bit embarrassing.

I guess she was supposed to wear them to look good so they could win.I find the whole thing rude and yes it would be embarrassing.

pepperpot
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
If she campaigned in house dresses, or sweat pants......who would vote for her?

In order for her to appeal to the masses, she must look 'successful' and have 'the look'....no insult.....when you go on an interview...do you put your 'best foot forward'? If your friend had a scarf that would look great with your putfit...would you 'borrow' it? Same applies here....her backers wanted her to 'succeed' and so they arranged to dress her in the part.....

If Obama dressed in sweat pants and jeans all.the.time....would he appeal to the business man?

It's 'staging'....no insult...hey, anyone want to 'stage' me? I won't be insulted...;)

I'm sure Obama had a few suits paid for himself...he's probably able to keep them too.....and Micheele and the girls.....

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM

In order for her to appeal to the masses, she must look 'successful' and have 'the look'....no insult.....when you go on an interview...do you put your 'best foot forward'? If your friend had a scarf that would look great with your putfit...would you 'borrow' it? Same applies here....her backers wanted her to 'succeed' and so they arranged to dress her in the part.....

If Obama dressed in sweat pants and jeans all.the.time....would he appeal to the business man?

It's 'staging'....no insult...hey, anyone want to 'stage' me? I won't be insulted...;)

I'm sure Obama had a few suits paid for himself...he's probably able to keep them too.....and Micheele and the girls.....

I wouldn't be embarrassed to be staged.I would be embarrassed if people were watching to see if I returned the clothes.I think it is rude that people that were supposed to be on HER side are talking.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 09:58 PM

To start with I don't wear putfits...LOL.:slap

I don't think Obama and his family had clothing purchased for them, because if they did, trust me, we would have heard all about it now. I mean we know what Michelle eats for lunch...lol. Plus Michelle herself was pulling in over $200,000.00 a year, I know they had the clothes.
Putting the best foot forward is one thing but pulling the wool is another, kwim? Then to back track and make her return it, right down to her children's panties, is quite silly to say the least.

Bahet
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
She was the govenor. She already had a business wardrobe. If they chose me they'd need to buy some clothes as all my putfits are "comfy clothes".

They most definitely did throw her under the bus. I liked her. I didn't care for her stance on some issues but I liked her. She was tough and strong and not afraid to call a spade a spade. I feel badly for her having to return it all. They shouldn't have made her do that.

tngirl
11-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Right after the election her mother was saying how Palin was sorting out the clothes from the DNC in order to return them. Next thing you know there was a news story on how the DNC was "demanding" the clothes back.

Personally, I don't see a problem with either campaign buying clothes for their candidate. Their appearance is important, they need to have an air of confidence in their appearance and the clothes we wear can provide that.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 05:59 AM
If she didn't return them she's get bashed for keeping such expensive clothes paid for with campaign money....:confused:

She gets criticized either way.....

Now leave her putfits alone! :slap

:lol

freeby4me
11-17-2008, 07:12 AM
She was a Governor for heavens sakes, she had clothes, clothes that were just fine.

LuvBigRip
11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Did you see her outfits? They were not National Coverage ready. They were I am a Mom of 5 and Governor of the coldest state outfits.

Personally, I didn't care that they bought her outfits, and anyone who believes that Obama and his wardrobe were covered with the same amount of scrutiny in the press is not paying enough attention. Obama got way more "We love you Obama" reports in the press. Palin and McCain were blasted for everything.

Bahet
11-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Obama was blasted more than McCain. I don't know about in the press so much but definitely overall. No one called McCain a terrorist or made up lies about him, his religion, his patriotism, his family, his wife's lunches, etc. No one suggested McCain be shot at a public rally. When a McCain connection was made to bad people it was brushed aside. When an Obama connection was made it was fodder for the week. It didn't matter that McCain was an adult and willingly worked with bad people and Obama was 7 when the bad people did their thing, Obama was still the one raked across the coals.

I voted for McCain. I am not an Obama fan. But nothing has turned me towards Obama more than some McCain supporters. Frankly, I think many of the Obama detractors are the reason Obama won. People who were independants or unsure tended to jump to the Obama side. The McCain side was just too vile and filled with vicious, hateful, and false rumor mongering. I'm not saying some on the Dem side didn't do it too. But I don't know of anyone who had email after email after email full of made up crap about McCain go through their inbox on a near daily basis.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Did you see her outfits? They were not National Coverage ready. They were I am a Mom of 5 and Governor of the coldest state outfits.

Personally, I didn't care that they bought her outfits, and anyone who believes that Obama and his wardrobe were covered with the same amount of scrutiny in the press is not paying enough attention. Obama got way more "We love you Obama" reports in the press. Palin and McCain were blasted for everything.

I think they got it less...lol. But the truth of the matter is that both sides got it. Maybe not on the same issues but they both got it equally. I don't think most people cared if her clothes were bought or not. I think the big deal is that they made her give them back. As well as she was "thrown under the truck" as others have stated over the entire issue. Personally, I think she would have "helped" McCain more if people could have seen her for what she was, a mother of 5 with real issues, real bills and not a bunch of extra money for high dollar clothes. It would have made her seem more "realistic" for lack of better word. KWIM? But I completely understand them wanting her to dress the part, so to speak. Regardless, they should have let her keep the clothes, especially the underware her children wore, that is just petty.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Obama was blasted more than McCain. I don't know about in the press so much but definitely overall. No one called McCain a terrorist or made up lies about him, his religion, his patriotism, his family, his wife's lunches, etc. No one suggested McCain be shot at a public rally. When a McCain connection was made to bad people it was brushed aside. When an Obama connection was made it was fodder for the week. It didn't matter that McCain was an adult and willingly worked with bad people and Obama was 7 when the bad people did their thing, Obama was still the one raked across the coals.

I voted for McCain. I am not an Obama fan. But nothing has turned me towards Obama more than some McCain supporters. Frankly, I think many of the Obama detractors are the reason Obama won. People who were independants or unsure tended to jump to the Obama side. The McCain side was just too vile and filled with vicious, hateful, and false rumor mongering. I'm not saying some on the Dem side didn't do it too. But I don't know of anyone who had email after email after email full of made up crap about McCain go through their inbox on a near daily basis.

See you also stated that he was accused of connections with terrorist. I knew I wasn't the only one that heard or read it. I just can't find posts/links to support it...lol. I am not a real good "searcher".

jeanea33
11-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Isnt this suppose to be about Palin and her clothes... Not a topic from another thread? This one will be closed too.

LuvBigRip
11-17-2008, 10:00 AM

No, McCain was called a war monger, People suggested Palin should be gang raped, there were posters of McCain dripping blood, of Palin being punched.

The media painted a happy picture of Obama, not of McCain. There were numerous more negative stories about McCain/Palin. Hollyweird, talk shows, SNL, everyone jumped on the Obama band wagon.

Obama was an adult when he wrote a forward in Ayers Book, was an adulkt when he attended parties at his home, attended functions where the media refused to release the video.

sdb_ngc
11-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I say blame it all on Obama

Bahet
11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
No, McCain was called a war monger, People suggested Palin should be gang raped, there were posters of McCain dripping blood, of Palin being punched.

The media painted a happy picture of Obama, not of McCain. There were numerous more negative stories about McCain/Palin. Hollyweird, talk shows, SNL, everyone jumped on the Obama band wagon.

Obama was an adult when he wrote a forward in Ayers Book, was an adulkt when he attended parties at his home, attended functions where the media refused to release the video.

I never saw any of that stuff from your 1st paragraph. I didn't even cover everything said about Obama, only the stuff I personally got in email or saw either here or at debateandrelate.

Obama was an adult when he wrote a forward for a book. McCain was an adult when he was involved with the Keating 5. But Obama is the only one whose connections mattered. McCain's were brushed aside as inconsequential.

LuvBigRip
11-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I never saw any of that stuff from your 1st paragraph. I didn't even cover everything said about Obama, only the stuff I personally got in email or saw either here or at debateandrelate.

Obama was an adult when he wrote a forward for a book. McCain was an adult when he was involved with the Keating 5. But Obama is the only one whose connections mattered. McCain's were brushed aside as inconsequential.

It was all over, even here.

Obama's connections were not even probed. Everyone just believed his own answers. The MSM hardly looked into it at all. Nothing. No 60 minutes special, except to say we believe you Obama.

Bahet
11-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe his connections weren't probed to the satisfaction of some because people were too busy telling others "No, he's not a Muslim born in Kenya who doesn't say the pledge while having tea with Bin Laden and conspiring with AlQaida." Eventually people got tired of the constant negativity and just didn't believe anything coming from the McCain supporters.

I know I was at that point. By the week before the election someone could have shown me an certified FBI photo of Obama french kissing Bin Laden naked on a pile of guns and I would have completely dismissed it.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe his connections weren't probed to the satisfaction of some because people were too busy telling others "No, he's not a Muslim born in Kenya who doesn't say the pledge while having tea with Bin Laden and conspiring with AlQaida." Eventually people got tired of the constant negativity and just didn't believe anything coming from the McCain supporters.

I know I was at that point. By the week before the election someone could have shown me an certified FBI photo of Obama french kissing Bin Laden naked on a pile of guns and I would have completely dismissed it.

It wouldn't surprise me that part of his 'plan' was to circulate wild obvious false rumors so real issues would be dismissed and buried in the pile.....:agree

If the 'other side' is 'discredited' a few times, one tends to dismiss all else from them....regardless if there is truth to it....reverse psych...

I still think there is something to the birth certificate/natural born citizen thing/lawsuit......exactly what?....not sure....but I have a feeling that 'something' is there.....:shrug

Bahet
11-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, so let me get this straight. Even though the economy has plummeted for over a year and 3rd quarter reports just came out worse than expected it's Obama's fault the market is down. Anything negative said about McCain or Palin was Obama (or his supporters) doing. Negative things said about Obama are also Obama's doing. Wow. He's a busy guy and he's not even President yet. What else can we blame him for? How about 9/11. After all, Obama has connections to some Muslims and some Muslims blew up the WTC so Obama must have blown up the WTC. The Great Depression? I know he wasn't even alive yet but since this recession is being blamed on things he hasn't done yet why not blame the Depression on things he hadn't done yet too? Makes as much sense as any of it.

jeanea33
11-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I sure loved Plains outfits. I personally think she should have kept them. Glad these fourms stay on topic lol

Bahet
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I sure loved Plains outfits. I personally think she should have kept them. Glad these fourms stay on topic lol

Touche! :lol

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Forums stay on topic? Ha..never!! LOL

atprm
11-17-2008, 11:25 AM
back on topic -- I didn't vote for either one, but I don't think she should have been made to give the clothes back, since she didn't ask for them to begin with.

A gift is a gift -- period.

and....

"putfits" LMAO -- thanks for the funny.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok, so let me get this straight. Even though the economy has plummeted for over a year and 3rd quarter reports just came out worse than expected it's Obama's fault the market is down. Anything negative said about McCain or Palin was Obama (or his supporters) doing. Negative things said about Obama are also Obama's doing. Wow. He's a busy guy and he's not even President yet. What else can we blame him for? How about 9/11. After all, Obama has connections to some Muslims and some Muslims blew up the WTC so Obama must have blown up the WTC. The Great Depression? I know he wasn't even alive yet but since this recession is being blamed on things he hasn't done yet why not blame the Depression on things he hadn't done yet too? Makes as much sense as any of it.

Were you the one sending out the bogus rumors to discredit valid points? or did you just aquire and apply that skill to your posting?

Talk about piling obvious rubbish onto a pile so valid points are dismissed.......:rolleyes:.....don't throw the baby out with the bathwater....

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
"putfits" LMAO -- thanks for the funny.
:slap :lol

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
No, McCain was called a war monger, People suggested Palin should be gang rapedYou are kidding right? That is horrible., there were posters of McCain dripping blood, of Palin being punched. YIKES!!! I truly didn't see any of this. Who are they and what are they thinking? Regardless of who you are etc, this is just wrong!

The media painted a happy picture of Obamain a turbon...lol., not of McCain. There were numerous more negative stories about McCain/Palin. Hollyweird, talk shows, SNL, everyone jumped on the Obama band wagon. You gotta admit (if you watched it) SNL was funny. Heck Palin was right in there having a good time...caribou barbie...hehe.

I haven't read any of Obama's books. I did look at one at B&N the other day, but I am to cheap to pay $25.00 for one. I will wait until the yardsales come...hehe.

sdb_ngc
11-17-2008, 11:38 AM

I so agree with you there it seems that everyone is so quick to blame Obama for everything.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
It wouldn't surprise me that part of his 'plan' was to circulate wild obvious false rumors so real issues would be dismissed and buried in the pile.....:agreeDo we have a Mesue replacement? (RIP Mesue) Conspiracy therories....hmmm.

If the 'other side' is 'discredited' a few times, one tends to dismiss all else from them....regardless if there is truth to it....reverse psych...

I still think there is something to the birth certificate/natural born citizen thing/lawsuit......exactly what?....not sure....but I have a feeling that 'something' is there.....:shrug

Honestly, do you really think he isn't an legal citizen? I followed that story until I got tired of it. I seen I think it was on snopes there was pic of his BC. If he really isn't a citizen then his mom really wasn't his mom and we have way bigger problems then this board has ever discussed, kwim? I mean to pull something like that off, that takes huge connects. Imagine the headlines...President of USA not a true American...kinda spooky.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Honestly, do you really think he isn't an legal citizen? I followed that story until I got tired of it. I seen I think it was on snopes there was pic of his BC. If he really isn't a citizen then his mom really wasn't his mom and we have way bigger problems then this board has ever discussed, kwim? I mean to pull something like that off, that takes huge connects. Imagine the headlines...President of USA not a true American...kinda spooky.

I'm not sure what's in all those documents that were requested but never submitted......

The copy of the document on snopes is not the actual document being requested....otherwise there would be no questions nor doubts....

Perhaps his mother/stepfather did renounce his citizenship when he schooled in another country....?

I just find it odd b/c the attorney who filed the suit is supposedly not a 'fly by night' person but a very 'credible' person from what I saw....:shrug Why would someone ditch a respectable career if there wasn't a valid point to be made?

As I said, not sure what he's hiding, but I think the clues maybe in the documents that he has not submitted.....if it's false, he could make it all go away by being compliant.....instead he pays attorneys to 'defend' him and not produce the documents....why? It's not doing him any favors? why?

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I so agree with you there it seems that everyone is so quick to blame Obama for everything.

And others are so quick to dismiss everything......:shrug

Like the story of cry wolf......

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah and his parents planted his birth announcement in their local newspaper in Hawaii in 1961 because they knew he'd be elected president in 2008.

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1059/3692021/8861132/342741390.jpg

jeanea33
11-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Did you see those red heels she wore to one of the rallies.. I so want a pair of those.I wish they give some heads up where she got some of her clothes.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah and his parents planted his birth announcement in their local newspaper in Hawaii in 1961 because they knew he'd be elected president in 2008.

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1059/3692021/8861132/342741390.jpg

Does that mean his citizenship was never denounced? apples & oranges.....

BTW did it also say where he was born? :doh: Perhaps the grandparents submitted it in Hawaii to let friends know they became grandparents???? Lots of explanations......it's not the 'proof' that is legally being asked to supply....why not just sumbit that? :confused:

atprm
11-17-2008, 12:08 PM
why must EVERY thread turn into a obama did it, mccain did it argument???

this particular thread has nothing to do with obama or mccain....

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Did you see those red heels she wore to one of the rallies.. I so want a pair of those.I wish they give some heads up where she got some of her clothes.

SAKS and Neiman Marcus.

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Does that mean his citizenship was never denounced? apples & oranges.....

BTW did it also say where he was born? :doh: Perhaps the grandparents submitted it in Hawaii to let friends know they became grandparents???? Lots of explanations......it's not the 'proof' that is legally being asked to supply....why not just sumbit that? :confused:

It's in another thread in the news and information forum where I and others posted all about this. There was a complete article devoted to this subject, where it was obtained, from what newspaper and the fact that this was found by someone who was trying to discredit Obama. So your little :doh: is uncalled for.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure what's in all those documents that were requested but never submitted......

The copy of the document on snopes is not the actual document being requested....otherwise there would be no questions nor doubts....

Perhaps his mother/stepfather did renounce his citizenship when he schooled in another country....?

I just find it odd b/c the attorney who filed the suit is supposedly not a 'fly by night' person but a very 'credible' person from what I saw....:shrug Why would someone ditch a respectable career if there wasn't a valid point to be made?

As I said, not sure what he's hiding, but I think the clues maybe in the documents that he has not submitted.....if it's false, he could make it all go away by being compliant.....instead he pays attorneys to 'defend' him and not produce the documents....why? It's not doing him any favors? why?

So these documents you speak of, are they available to us? Like could there be links...LOL? I have the hardest time searching out stuff. I am interested in this...hmmm. I would think, not being the brightest person that there is no way he would be President elect if he wasn't a legal citizen. If he is illegal, then the current admin. would be questioned about it as well correct. I mean he is already using secret service, etc.

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:13 PM

I agree. I'm tired of beating the dead horse. The conversations are getting to be rehashes of the same old sh!t over and over and no one is going to change his/her mind.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:13 PM

Now now Lorrie, you know better...so I guess I will be the one to say...Welcome to BBS...lol.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree. I'm tired of beating the dead horse.

Dead horses....hmmmm makes one hungry eh??? LOL.

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Dead horses....hmmmm makes one hungry eh??? LOL.

LOL, I'm getting my appetite back and dead horse is looking good. ;)

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
It's in another thread in the news and information forum where I and others posted all about this. There was a complete article devoted to this subject, where it was obtained, from what newspaper and the fact that this was found by someone who was trying to discredit Obama. So your little :doh: is uncalled for.

You used the clip to respond to my post, I replied to the clip as not proof......perhaps if you would've provided the link to the thread you are refering to? it possibly would've addressed it? but you didn't.....

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I agree. I'm tired of beating the dead horse. The conversations are getting to be rehashes of the same old sh!t over and over and no one is going to change his/her mind.

Perhaps suitable and creditable proof has not been submitted to do so? :shrug Questions remain......

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
LOL, I'm getting my appetite back and dead horse is looking good. ;)

I knew you would agree with me...haha. If they only knew eh???LOL

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Ya..so Palins clothes and Obamas citizenship..I am grasping really hard trying to find the connection..LMAO. There is another hundred thousand threads here on BBS about Obama and his Citizenship or lack of it.

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Perhaps suitable and creditable proof has not been submitted to do so? :shrug Questions remain......

Look it up. Credible proof was posted quite some time ago. It's time to move on... I repeat, I'm tired of this same old subject...http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/images/smilies/other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 12:28 PM
So Palins clothes were to be returned, and Obamas BC was to be investigated...clothes & BC..maybe his BC is hidden in Palins clothes somewhere..hahahahahaha

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Look it up. Credible proof was posted quite some time ago. It's time to move on... I repeat, I'm tired of this same old subject...http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/images/smilies/other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Apparently not in a court of law.....:whistle

Why should I look it up when you are the one referencing it and bringing it in as proof? :doh:

Post what you are referencing to....:shrug

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Ya..so Palins clothes and Obamas citizenship..I am grasping really hard trying to find the connection..LMAO. There is another hundred thousand threads here on BBS about Obama and his Citizenship or lack of it.

So Palins clothes were to be returned, and Obamas BC was to be investigated...clothes & BC..maybe his BC is hidden in Palins clothes somewhere..hahahahahaha

And this has what to do about her clothes being given back? :rofl: You're just as guilty as everyone else......:agree

:potkettle

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Now that would be a hoot...lol.

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 12:54 PM
And this has what to do about her clothes being given back? :rofl You're just as guilty as everyone else......:agree

The difference is my comment was a joke about how you were changing the subject. So..not guilty by reason of joke-anity

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM
The difference is my comment was a joke about how you were changing the subject. So..not guilty by reason of joke-anity

Please re-read...*I* didn't change the subject, *I* replied......

joke or not, still not the topic..Palin's clothes..:shrug

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Please re-read...*I* didn't change the subject, *I* replied......

joke or not, still not the topic..Palin's clothes..:shrug

I did not even reply I made a joke..hahahahaha. So therefore I am not guilty as you like to say. I am sorry, yes you are right you didn't change the subject but were only too happy to put in your opinion on his BC...LOL. Maybe we can just let this one go..it is a pointless and stupid as all the other petty threads.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I did not even reply I made a joke..hahahahaha. So therefore I am not guilty as you like to say. I am sorry, yes you are right you didn't change the subject but were only too happy to put in your opinion on his BC...LOL. Maybe we can just let this one go..it is a pointless and stupid as all the other petty threads.

If you used this feature:
Quick Reply (the box listed below) to insert your 'joke'......you did make a reply (in the form of a joke).....:agree

Anig2u
11-17-2008, 01:09 PM
If you used this feature: (the box listed below) to insert your 'joke'......you did make a reply (in the form of a joke).....:agree

Wow:slap