PDA

View Full Version : Obama is on 60 Minutes...

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 05:51 PM
He just spoke about Bin Lauden and the Al Quata (sp...lol.). For someone being accused of being "buddies" why would he say he needs to be captured or killed??? Hmmm. I am afraid to many might have jumped the gun and dislike this guy because of fear or whatever. He sure sounds good. I hope he pulls through and shines as President. I never ever watch this show, just happened to be on after the ball game. I am glad I have the opportunity to watch it.
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

gmyers
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
No thanks I'm tired of anything political.

meltdown53
11-16-2008, 06:01 PM
who cares....if he is going to take from the rich like he said and give to the poor I should get my check in Feb(NOT)

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 06:04 PM
who cares....if he is going to take from the rich like he said and give to the poor I should get my check in Feb(NOT)

Obviously, I care. If you don't then back out of the thread. Your ugly attitude wasn't asked for, but thanks anyways.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Then why bother posting anything. You have a word limit you have to use up everyday. Geez.

whatever
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Obviously, I care. If you don't then back out of the thread. Your ugly attitude wasn't asked for, but thanks anyways.

Then why bother posting anything. You have a word limit you have to use up everyday. Geez.

Because its called freedom of speech. And I think they are entitled to their opinion just like you are. Am I wrong?

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 06:20 PM
He just spoke about Bin Lauden and the Al Quata (sp...lol.). For someone being accused of being "buddies" why would he say he needs to be captured or killed??? Hmmm. I am afraid to many might have jumped the gun and dislike this guy because of fear or whatever. He sure sounds good. I hope he pulls through and shines as President. I never ever watch this show, just happened to be on after the ball game. I am glad I have the opportunity to watch it.

Thank you.I missed it,I like to hear about things that I may have missed.Too bad that it seems like the most remarks we hear are pessimistic.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Because its called freedom of speech. And I think they are entitled to their opinion just like you are. Am I wrong?

You are kidding right??? LOL. Of course you aren't wrong you are always right. I just don't understand why someone feels the need to come in and crap on someones thread just because they can. Funny how freedom of speech applies to her but not me. Geez.

candygirl
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM

Thanks,I was able to watch some of the show and it was a really great interview.

tngirl
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Al Quata works for me....lol

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 06:54 PM

In theory you have made a good point, but in the same token, Mary has the right to speak also. She asked them a question, and gave her opinion.. is that not allowed?

OmaLisa
11-16-2008, 07:05 PM

I watched the whole interview. I thought it was very good and that he is a very intelligent man. I can't wait until he takes his oath and can get started working on the huge problems we have going on. I think he is going to be a great President.

gmyers
11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
In theory you have made a good point, but in the same token, Mary has the right to speak also. She asked them a question, and gave her opinion.. is that not allowed?

What question did she ask i don't see one.

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Here is her opinion.

Here is her question.

There are your answers. Anymore questions that are obvious?

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 07:19 PM

Did you mean this one?

For someone being accused of being "buddies" why would he say he needs to be captured or killed???

gmyers
11-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Here is her opinion.

Here is her question.

There are your answers. Anymore questions that are obvious?

It didn't have a question mark so I took that as a comment.

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
It didn't have a question mark so I took that as a comment.

See, I put one in because I thought it was missing... so I took it as a question.

whatever
11-16-2008, 07:43 PM
You are kidding right??? LOL. Of course you aren't wrong you are always right. I just don't understand why someone feels the need to come in and crap on someones thread just because they can. Funny how freedom of speech applies to her but not me. Geez.
Here is what a member and a MOD have told me before. You cannot expect to have everyone agree with something a topic you may post. And can't get all bent out shape when in fact they don't.
I don't really know what your problem is with me other than the fact that I also don't agree with you and said they have freedom of speech. I never said you didn't so don't put words in my mouth. You also have the option to hit the back button if you disagree with what they have to say or me for that matter.

Can you point out where I said she didn't? I was merely pointing out her getting bent out of shape for the speaking their Op. was uncalled for. EVERYONE has freedom of speech. And AS you can tell by thank you's ITS
always the same that agree and disgree. LOL

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Here is what a member and a MOD have told me before. You cannot expect to have everyone agree with something a topic you may post. And can't get all bent out shape when in fact they don't.
I don't really know what your problem is with me other than the fact that I also don't agree with you and said they have freedom of speech. I never said you didn't so don't put words in my mouth. You also have the option to hit the back button if you disagree with what they have to say or me for that matter.

Can you point out where I said she didn't? I was merely pointing out her getting bent out of shape for the speaking their Op. was uncalled for. EVERYONE has freedom of speech. And AS you can tell by thank you's ITS

You also have the same options. It looks to me like your the only one that is getting bent out of shape..LOL

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Yes,I did notice that I could say something like"wow,milk sure is expensive"and I know exactly who will NOT thank me,no matter what.:rofl:
ETA:ATPRM does respond to other posts.Only one I have seen.

whatever
11-16-2008, 08:07 PM
You also have the same options. It looks to me like your the only one that is getting bent out of shape..LOL

No I am not bent out of shape. Its no skin off my back. I know who disagrees with me on matters about OBAMA esp.
And I have also learned on here "cough" who likes to stir the pot when they are bored.

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
No I am not bent out of shape. Its no skin off my back. I know who disagrees with me on matters about OBAMA esp.
And I have also learned on here "cough" who likes to stir the pot when they are bored.

All I said was Mary had a right to her opinion just like you said everyone else does, since you were "telling" her that everyone has a right to their opinion..which I really don't think you needed to tell her, unless you yourself were trying to stir a pot? People replied to her post with, who cares, and I am sick of hearing about politics, Mary only said well why bother posting in her thread if you don't have anything to add to the topic. Then you replied back(stirring the pot) saying they had a right to their opinions.

whatever
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
All I said was Mary had a right to her opinion just like you said everyone else does, since you were "telling" her that everyone has a right to their opinion..which I really don't think you needed to tell her, unless you yourself were trying to stir a pot? People replied to her post with, who cares, and I am sick of hearing about politics, Mary only said well why bother posting in her thread if you don't have anything to add to the topic. Then you replied back(stirring the pot) saying they had a right to their opinions.

UM no she put them down. the first one was like padding their post the second one was basically close to put down. ANd I'm sorry I can post whatever I want also. I just don't have to be harsh about it. And yet who continues to keep it going? UM You? Over what? Its not EVEN about the topic. And there are alway like the SAME 4 to 6 thank yous ON OBAMA topics. LMAO. AND mostly over this very, very PETTY stuff. I'm sorry i'm an adult with much better things to fulfill my time. I got out of grade school along time ago. NIGHT

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't really know what your problem is with me other than the fact that I also don't agree with you and said they have freedom of speech. I never said you didn't so don't put words in my mouth. You also have the option to hit the back button if you disagree with what they have to say or me for that matter.It was my post...LOL. My problem with you is you come into MY post and just randomly spew crap, it gets old reading it. Truly it does. You have *****ed and moaned over Obama for months and months yet you make it a freaking point to come into a post, I STARTED with the name OBAMA in it. Makes one think you just like to stir it.

always the same that agree and disgree. LOLI didn't get bent out of shape, I just get tired of your negativity all the time.

Truly I don't give 2 plug nickels what you believe or if you agree with me, truly I don't. I am just sick of you (general) being sore losers. And as far as the thank yous go, I normally forget about it but I also thank those that I don't agree with as well. I try to thank anyone for replying unless, I believe you are in a certain post just to stir trouble, then you get no thank you. Its really that simple. There is no prize for the most thank yous so you aren't missing out on much,

ilovecats
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
UM no she put them down. the first one was like padding their post the second one was basically close to put down. ANd I'm sorry I can post whatever I want also. I just don't have to be harsh about it. And yet who continues to keep it going? UM You? Over what? Its not EVEN about the topic. And there are alway like the SAME 4 to 6 thank yous ON OBAMA topics. LMAO. AND mostly over this very, very PETTY stuff. I'm sorry i'm an adult with much better things to fulfill my time. I got out of grade school along time ago. NIGHT

I see the same people thanking the Slam Obama group over and over too.Funny thing is I will post in non-related posts with info or thanks,or my own posts.None of the Bash Obama gang has ever had a nice comment or thanks for me.

gmyers
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Well we'll see who the losers are by the end of four years. I hope it wont be everybody.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Well we'll see who the losers are by the end of four years. I hope it wont be everybody.

Well I hope it isn't anyone, and I am sure you feel the same way.

YankeeMary
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM

I said nothing of padding their post, I asked if she had a word limit she had to use.
Funny how PETTY it is yet you continue to remain here posting more pettiness. Let it go, you don't agree, all is good and well.

Anig2u
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM

What is really amusing to me is that you never even gave a comment on the subject of the thread itself...all you did was tell Mary that everyone has free speech and a right to their opinion. Did you just come in to preach? Even funnier is that all I did was point out the same thing you said to Mary and you took to offense to that as well. Want to know what is even funnier?? I never replied to the topic of this thread either. :rolling. Nope I was too busy playing into your little pot of whatever the hell it is. Oh and by the way..your little followers are thanking you as well.

meltodd69
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM

Don't drag me into this LOL!

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:16 AM
. And there are alway like the SAME 4 to 6 thank yous ON OBAMA topics. LMAO. AND mostly over this very, very PETTY stuff. . NIGHT

LMAO Ummm yeah, it's because we happen to agree. And it works the other way around too. If you want to talk petty, there are people who we don't often agree with on political threads but will congratulate, respond in a positive way, etc...on an unrelated thread and the "Obama group" are the only ones not to get a thank you. Do I care? Not at all. It's something I noticed one day while reading a thread. I found it really amusing. I can't imagine carrying animosity, bickering or what have you beyond the thread you're in. Believe it or not some of us are friends with members that we disagree with, lol. Too funny.

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 12:18 AM
What is really amusing to me is that you never even gave a comment on the subject of the thread itself...all you did was tell Mary that everyone has free speech and a right to their opinion. Did you just come in to preach? Even funnier is that all I did was point out the same thing you said to Mary and you took to offense to that as well. Want to know what is even funnier?? I never replied to the topic of this thread either. :rolling. Nope I was too busy playing into your little pot of whatever the hell it is. Oh and by the way..your little followers are thanking you as well.

Thanking you...just because I can. ;)

(I actually agree though.)

Char
11-17-2008, 12:40 AM

I saw the interview, as far as interviews go, it was a good one.

But, I don't understand your 'statement'... Suggesting people said Obama was buddies with Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, I personally have never heard of that... I know he was buddies with homegrown terrorist Bill Ayers. It's common knowledge that Bill Ayers was a 'bomber', and, Obama himself called Bill Ayers "an acquaintance" of his, although Ayers claims they were 'friends'. He (Obama) tried downplaying his relationship with him. Truth is, I guess we will never know just how close the two of them were, or are. But, we do know (as it is not disputed by Obama), that Obama did spend time at Ayers home, and, they served on the same committee in Chicago.
As for Obama having ties with Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, that's a new one to me.

Char
11-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Let me add... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad the election is over, and, we can see what the guy is made of.........

Bliss
11-17-2008, 12:58 AM

He's not President just yet.

I can't recall people saying Obama was buddies with Osama or his side kicks. At the same time, Obama will tell the American people what they want to hear.. We'll find out soon enough what's in store for the American people.

I'm sure his halo will be shining while his horns hold it up.

"I voted for McCain - so it won't be my fault." :slap

speedygirl
11-17-2008, 01:44 AM
What I'm curious about is will all of the anti Obama people admit that he's doing a good job, if in fact he does or will there be nit picking over trivial things?
We should all pray that he does a wonderful job to bring us out of the state that this country is currently in.
If people go into something with a negative attitude then that's what you keep looking for.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-17-2008, 02:10 AM
LMAO Ummm yeah, it's because we happen to agree. And it works the other way around too. If you want to talk petty, there are people who we don't often agree with on political threads but will congratulate, respond in a positive way, etc...on an unrelated thread and the "Obama group" are the only ones not to get a thank you. Do I care? Not at all. It's something I noticed one day while reading a thread. I found it really amusing. I can't imagine carrying animosity, bickering or what have you beyond the thread you're in. Believe it or not some of us are friends with members that we disagree with, lol. Too funny.

So true. Hi Roberta! lol

Roberta and I are friends and seldom agree lol Only twice that I can think of. Agree or disagree she never has once downgraded me for an opinion.

And I agree, most of the comments have NOTHING to do with Mary's thread. I missed it Mary,so THANK YOU for posting it.

Yes, everyone does have freedom of speach,it just seems "some" people use it as an excuse to shcit in a thread.

tarasdream
11-17-2008, 02:16 AM
well what do you expect him to say, hes not going to admit that they are friends(if they are) hes going to say what he thinks we want to hear

Bliss
11-17-2008, 03:52 AM
What I'm curious about is will all of the anti Obama people admit that he's doing a good job, if in fact he does or will there be nit picking over trivial things?We should all pray that he does a wonderful job to bring us out of the state that this country is currently in.
If people go into something with a negative attitude then that's what you keep looking for.

I'll admit he's doing a good job when & if the time comes. I know he can't perform miracles & I also know 90% of what Obama "promised" during his campaing he has no control over. Many of those issues lie in the hands of Congress. Those issue are going to take years to sort out. Many people believe he's going to make a positive change in no time at all. Those poor people are going to be so disappointed when reality hits & realized he was just talking out of his backside like any other person who gets in the white house.:slap

Personally, I don't see anything positive happening since the majority of the house is dems. People wanted changed two years ago and voted in dems & look where the "change" has gotten us, got us in a hole we can't dig ourselves out of quick enough. As long as dems have control - it'll continue to go down hill.:itsme:

tngirl
11-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Ok guys, you all know I am not an Obama supporter. But, please, show me where it says anywhere that he is friends with the enemy? You guys have it all screwed up. This is one of my pet peeves, people take some snippet of information and turn it into something it isn't.

Obama isn't friends with the enemy, the enemy just happens to LIKE him as POTUS because they believe by having him in office they will succeed a lot easier than having a Republican in office. If you had bothered watching the debates he said a few times on there that Bin Ladin needed to be killed. He has the right idea, but it is not believed that he will have the guts to do what needs to be done.

And because I could care less what Obama has to say, no, I did not watch the interview. The time for words is long gone and now it is time to watch what the man does, not what he says. I already know that he is an eloquent speaker. But, I have to agree, the pettiness in this thread is kind of silly. If you want to disagree about the man, take the time to find the facts and read them before spouting off your "opinion".
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/AVATARS/shallow.jpg
Hey Sheila!! :itsme: We didn't just kind of agree again did we? I would hate to ruin your day...

uzjazz123
11-17-2008, 06:41 AM
That interview was terrific.

PrincessArky
11-17-2008, 06:55 AM
I hope he pulls through and shines as President.

ITA I hope that he does because if this country goes downhill even further I fear for what we are in store for

I got to that point BEFORE the election since we all seemed to know who was gonna win anyway lol

whatever
11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
What question did she ask i don't see one.because they only made it one AFTER I said something.

I didn't get bent out of shape, I just get tired of your negativity all the time.

Truly I don't give 2 plug nickels what you believe or if you agree with me, truly I don't. I am just sick of you (general) being sore losers. And as far as the thank yous go, I normally forget about it but I also thank those that I don't agree with as well. I try to thank anyone for replying unless, I believe you are in a certain post just to stir trouble, then you get no thank you. Its really that simple. There is no prize for the most thank yous so you aren't missing out on much,
Funny I feel the same way. LMAO. I just don't like it when I see people putting someone down for expressing THIER own opinions if you don't like it you have a choice also. I have been told and learned you will not get all hugs and kisses from everyone on the board. DEAL with it. But if you put up something and then get neg. responses and then go on the attack do you expect them ( or someone else) to just take it?
That in my book would be called be a bully. You have a right to your opinions and so does everyone else, even if you don't agree.

I see the same people thanking the Slam Obama group over and over too.Funny thing is I will post in non-related posts with info or thanks,or my own posts.None of the Bash Obama gang has ever had a nice comment or thanks for me.
HOw do you know. Have you gone around to ALL of your posts and checked?
ANd I might add, I don't recall since things got heated they same can be said for me that I have SEEN.

I said nothing of padding their post, I asked if she had a word limit she had to use.
Funny how PETTY it is yet you continue to remain here posting more pettiness. Let it go, you don't agree, all is good and well.
Basically same thing. IS there a difference?

NO I did no come in to preach I came in to defend others opinions.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 08:23 AM
because they only made it one AFTER I said something.

Funny I feel the same way. LMAO.You feel the same way, I highly doubt you feel that I am so negative all the time. That is so not me. Nice try though. I just don't like it when I see people putting someone down for expressing THIER own opinions if you don't like it you have a choice also. I have been told and learned you will not get all hugs and kisses from everyone on the board. Aned I can assure you I do not want hugs and kisses from everyone on this board, that is just silly...geez.DEAL with it. But if you put up something and then get neg. responses and then go on the attack do you expect them ( or someone else) to just take it? They weren't negative thoughts, just pot stirring crap, HUGE difference.
That in my book would be called be a bully.Just because it is in your "book" doesn't make it right or even reasonable. You have any clue what a true bully is??? Seems you are making way more out of it then it is. You have a right to your opinions and so does everyone else, even if you don't agree.

HOw do you know. Have you gone around to ALL of your posts and checked?
ANd I might add, I don't recall since things got heated they same can be said for me that I have SEEN.

Basically same thing. IS there a difference?

NO I did no come in to preach I came in to defend others opinions.

I sure don't think you came to preach, I thinking you came to stir the pot and add more negativity to this post. Well wisher I guess...lol.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 08:25 AM
I saw the interview, as far as interviews go, it was a good one.

But, I don't understand your 'statement'... Suggesting people said Obama was buddies with Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, I personally have never heard of that... I know he was buddies with homegrown terrorist Bill Ayers. It's common knowledge that Bill Ayers was a 'bomber', and, Obama himself called Bill Ayers "an acquaintance" of his, although Ayers claims they were 'friends'. He (Obama) tried downplaying his relationship with him. Truth is, I guess we will never know just how close the two of them were, or are. But, we do know (as it is not disputed by Obama), that Obama did spend time at Ayers home, and, they served on the same committee in Chicago.
As for Obama having ties with Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, that's a new one to me.

Honestly? You haven't heard how he has connects to the terriorist? And that he is truly a muslim not a Christian, etc??? Maybe I will be able to find a few posts/links to post so you can see.

whatever
11-17-2008, 08:38 AM
I sure don't think you came to preach, I thinking you came to stir the pot and add more negativity to this post. Well wisher I guess...lol.

Yes I do feel you are VERY negative when it comes to people disagreeing with you ABOUT obama. I even was talking to another member who was shocked at the way you treated the first two posters. Your posts lately speak for themselves. And Thats MY opinion. I'm sure you will disagree. Thats your god given right.
And how would you know if I knew what a bully was like?
Do you know me IRL?

hotwheelstx
11-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I watched it. I'm excited for him to become our next president. When has politics or religion not been an issue with anyone? Mary was giving her own opinion..........that's it.

I'm one who did vote for Obama. The interview was very interesting and enlightening.

We all have the option to reply to this thread. I don't see why some have to be hateful. I really don't. Your opinion is your opinion.....not necessarily someone else's.

jeanea33
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Honestly? You haven't heard how he has connects to the terriorist? And that he is truly a muslim not a Christian, etc??? Maybe I will be able to find a few posts/links to post so you can see.

Your the one who keeps saying it... I havent seen it here myself. I seen his connection with ayers here. Show me links where anyone here called Obama a terriost or that he was in bed with Osama.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes I do feel you are VERY negative when it comes to people disagreeing with you ABOUT obama. I even was talking to another member who was shocked at the way you treated the first two posters. Your posts lately speak for themselves. And Thats MY opinion. I'm sure you will disagree. Thats your god given right.
And how would you know if I knew what a bully was like?
Do you know me IRL?

Please get over yourself. Obviously if you have to ask if I knew you in real life, well then I don't. Geez. I truly don't care what you and another member discussed to be honest. I do know that the 2 people that initally posted seemed to be doing only it to stir crap or as you say "pad their post count". It just gets really old putting up with crap. And God forbid, I get the chance or the opportunity to bring it up...oh no, I must sit back and take it. Well, wrong. God say the meek will inherit the earth not the week. Obama's name was in the title, if they were so tired of him, why bother? What did their post possibly add? For that matter what did yours? I posted it hoping to get intelligent feedback whether neg or pos instead the same ole crybaby loser crap. You can take it for what it worth but its ridiculous constantly, no matter what the post is about, Obama is going to be drug into and how horrible he is etc...the funny thing is, is he wasn't any my choice as President but you all make people take up for him. Geez.

YankeeMary
11-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Your the one who keeps saying it... I havent seen it here myself. I seen his connection with ayers here. Show me links where anyone here called Obama a terriost or that he was in bed with Osama.

If you would reread what you quoted me. I said I will try to find a post/link...lol.

jeanea33
11-17-2008, 08:52 AM
If you would reread what you quoted me. I said I will try to find a post/link...lol.

Then before you accuse and attack others ... make sure you have the facts!

freeby4me
11-17-2008, 08:53 AM
What about all those other people who were on the same committee with Ayers? Are all of those REPUBLICANS terrorists too now?

ahippiechic
11-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Seriously, people. If you want to discuss a topic, fine. But when it degenerates into nothing but a few posters bickering back and forth with each other about who is a bully, I'm closing it.