PDA

View Full Version : Cream cheese receipes

CLARKS4
11-13-2008, 09:11 AM
I need a good but easy cheesecake receipe. Share your favorites. I've just discovered how much of a difference it makes to add cream cheese to something. LOL
I have bought the boxed cheesecakes and made those but I would like to have one that is made with cream cheese.
I have a real good brownie receipe that includes cream cheese if anybody is interested in it.

tarasdream
11-13-2008, 09:23 AM
philidelphia has a cheesecake filling already made up in a bowl just like a butter bowl it tastes really good and one bowl is enough for 1 cheesecake

Anig2u
11-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Strawberry Cheesecake

You can buy the pre made crust & the pie filling(strawberry, blueberry(my fav) or cherry).

SERVES 12
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

Filling

19 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Glaze

1 cup strawberries, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Crust: stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.

Mix in butter thoroughly and press into a 9" springform pan.

Bake 10 minutes.

Cool Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Filling: beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl.

Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.

Add lemon peel and vanilla Beat in eggs one at a time. Pour into shell.

Bake 1 hour or until center is firm.

Cool to room temperature and then spread with the strawberry glaze. Chill 3 hours.

Glaze: blend sugar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan.

Stir in water and strawberries.

Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils.

Boil and stir for 1 minute. Cool thoroughly before spreading over cheesecake.

MoOn-BaBy
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.creamcheese.com Kraft has a new make your own cheesecake customizer recipe maker, its pretty cool.

YankeeMary
11-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I need a good but easy cheesecake receipe. Share your favorites. I've just discovered how much of a difference it makes to add cream cheese to something. LOL
I have bought the boxed cheesecakes and made those but I would like to have one that is made with cream cheese.
I have a real good brownie receipe that includes cream cheese if anybody is interested in it.

I don't want the recipe just some brownies...LOL.

atprm
11-13-2008, 11:16 AM

the easiest cheesecake in the world -- it makes it's own crust, and the flavor is limited ONLY by your imagination!!

321 Cheesecake:
(my mom's recipe)

Ingredients:

3 Phillie Cream Cheese softened
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 T. flavor (see below) for plain cheese cake that you fill with cherries, use vanilla.

Preheat oven to 350, and grease a pie plate or round cake pan
set aside.

mix all ingredients together, add nuts if you wish and pour into prepared pan.

bake until golden brown (toothpick and knife test do not work).

(takes about an hour).

center will sink in when cooled -- pour strawberries or cherries over the top. chill and serve.

Variations & Combos:

1 T. Chambord (Raspberry liqueur) + 1 T. raspberry preserves swirled in

1 T. Godiva or Starbucks liqueur + 2 T. minced chocolate chips

1 T. Chocolate Syrup + 2 T. Sanders Butterscotch Caramel Topping swirled in + 2 T. chopped pecans (turtle)

1 T. Lemon Juice + 1 T finely grated orange zest (top with dusting of powder sugar)

belle5691
11-13-2008, 11:27 AM
This is one we use:

1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla

(we've also added bananas, pineapple, candy bar pieces, etc to the filling)

Just mix thoroughly with your mixer, pour into crumb crust. Let set in refrigerator for 30 minutes at least.

newwiccan
11-13-2008, 01:46 PM
philidelphia has a cheesecake filling already made up in a bowl just like a butter bowl it tastes really good and one bowl is enough for 1 cheesecake

I bought the key lime one yesterday.

dcut4
11-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I have taken these to pot lucks and they have went over big.

MINI CHEESECAKES

Place a vanilla wafer in each of 18 muffin cups in a muffin tin. Using the following mixture, fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full.

2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Top with cherry or blueberry pie filling after they have cooled.

For an interesting variation, add 1/2 cup Nestle's mini-morsels chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture. They may have to bake 2 to 3 minutes longer. 18 servings.

dcut4
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
This is another great one. I serve this with the grahm cracker sticks. My kids love it. I skip the rolling it in the nuts at the end.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet
chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

Anig2u
11-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I have taken these to pot lucks and they have went over big.

MINI CHEESECAKES

Place a vanilla wafer in each of 18 muffin cups in a muffin tin. Using the following mixture, fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full.

2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Top with cherry or blueberry pie filling after they have cooled.

For an interesting variation, add 1/2 cup Nestle's mini-morsels chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture. They may have to bake 2 to 3 minutes longer. 18 servings.

I have made these before they are really good!!! My fav. is blueberry or strawberry Pie filling.

CLARKS4
11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I will be trying some of them.

Mary, the next time we get together I will bring you some brownies.

Beso
11-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I will be trying some of them.

Mary, the next time we get together I will bring you some brownies.

Can I have some too?:itsme:

CLARKS4
11-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Can I have some too?:itsme:

Sure come on over.

smileyeyes
11-14-2008, 07:15 AM
I made this for Thanksgiving last year OMG it was sooooo good. There were no leftovers. 2 good things in one cheese cake and pumpkin pie ummmmmmmm. I am getting fat just talking about it!! LOL

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/philadelphia-3-step-double-layer-52660.aspx

sunflowers
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I can send you some from the Phil. Cream cheese house party if you want. Just PM your address.

CLARKS4
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I can send you some from the Phil. Cream cheese house party if you want. Just PM your address.

Thanks I got in on that houseparty and that is what made me start using cream cheese. I had never used it before. I had bought the box mix for cheesecake but thats all. Thank you for the offer.