PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking Stratterra?

fairydana
11-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Was just wondering if anyone is taking Stratterra? I just started taking it about a week ago for ADHD and I am really feeling terrible! If you are taking it how long did it take to get over this awful feeling? I have never had any medicine make me feel so bad. Is it worth it?
thanks in advance!

Eyore
11-13-2008, 07:33 AM
My daughter who is 26 tried this medicine. She took it for about 2 months and she said she stayed tired on it and didn't like the way it made her feel. She had also tried a couple of other meds and they didn't work to well either. Currently she isn't taking anything for ADHD.

I stumbled across this site when I was having some medicine problems and it helped me out although I never registered there, it has a forum for medical things. Go there and search strattera and see if you can find some answers.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/index.php

PrincessArky
11-13-2008, 08:03 AM
my son tried it a few years back and he didn't do well with it at all so we switch him

buckandkel
11-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Stratterra is the worst! I didn't feel like myself and was easily irritated while taking this medication. I took Strattera for 2 months and told the Dr. I couldn't take it any longer. I ended up on Adderall which has made a huge difference in my life. A couple months ago my Dr. wanted me to try Strattera on top of Adderall and I refused.

LitWtch
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Strattera has been known to make things worse - like you are feeling. Talk to the doctor and stop taking it unless it is a life or death situation. Strattera is used to treat social disorders along with ADHD/ADD.

fairydana
11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for all the input! I stopped taking it two days ago, I could not take it anymore! I was extremely tired by 3 in the afternoon, and MY head hurt the entire time and I got sick almost everytime I ate anything. The agitation was awful!
I have an appt in less than two weeks so we'll see.

Thanks again Yall!