PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Link

catdance
11-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I am cooking breaded chicken breast's, roasted roots of yams, parsnips, rutabaga, and yukon gold potatoes..salad and fresh bread..not thrilling at all.

teenap
11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
dinner at moms tonight...

Made homemade beef stew yesterday in the crockpot, the house smelled wonderful all day

THEpouty1
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
My mom made some kind of peppered chicken stuff for us, but my girls probably won't eat it, so I'll make some milder chicken too and some (fried?) rice to go along with it.

dinosmom
11-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I am roasting a chicken and making roasted sweet potatoes and green beans for dinner.

hotwheelstx
11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
We're having Taco Bake, 3 Milk Cake. Cake's baking right now.

Army-Mom
11-10-2008, 01:23 PM
we are picking up some chicken on the way to the boat landing, we are going to fish again tonight.

MamaArc
11-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Homemade chicken noodle soup and Mashed potatoes.

fleabones3
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
My dh came back off the road last night ( without letting me know.. he just showed up) so I might make spaghetti tonite, its one of his faves.

Mom2-3boys
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Pancakes and sausage, kids have lots going on tonight so it needs to be fast and easy!

ElleGee
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Spaghetti and turkey meatballs

evrita
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Pancakes and sausage, kids have lots going on tonight so it needs to be fast and easy!

Add some bacon to that and thats what we had. We didnt have a lot going on just felt like breakfast for dinner :star:

Shann
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking spinach cheese tortellini

Jenefer3
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
We're going to have grilled steak, potatoes with mushroom sauce, and peas....for dessert, I might make spotted dick

gemini26
11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
ummm whats spotted dick????????

Jenefer3
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM

lol it's a dessert in the UK. Not sure why they call it spotted dick or dessert, but who am I to criticize?

gemini26
11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
lol ok. recipe?? what kinda dessert is it??

Jenefer3
11-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Recipe 1

Ingredients
4 ounces plain flour
4 ounces suet
water, to mix
4 ounces raisins or sultanas

Directions

Mix the flour, currants and grated suet (it should have the general consistency of mouse droppings) very lightly by hand.

Moisten with a couple of tablespoons of cold water, enough to give a dryish pastry texture.

DO NOT RUB, only stir enough to bind the ingredients together.

The mixture can be put into a buttered basin and covered with first a layer of foil, then a cloth (tied on with string), but the usual way is to make a thick roll shape, and wrap it in buttered greaseproof (waxed?) paper, and tie into a cloth.

Boil in a lot of water for two to three hours on top of the stove, or all day if using a crock pot.

Some people serve it with egg custard, but others consider serving spotted dick with moist brown sugar and a large spoonful of salted butter a must.

Use both if you like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recipe 2

Spotted Dick
2 oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
pinch of salt
2 oz shredded suet
1 oz white or brown sugar
4 oz currants
2 oz fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
4-5 tbsp milk

Butter a 1.5 pint pudding basin. Sift the flour, baking powder, spice and salt into a mixing bowl and mix in the suet, sugar, fruit and bread- crumbs. Stir in the egg and sufficient milk to produce a soft consistency that drops off the spoon in 5 seconds.
Turn the mixture into the pudding basin, which should be two-thirds full. Cover with greased foil or a snap-on lid (the plastic container from a 2 lb Christmas pudding is worth saving for this purpose.) Steam for 2 to 2.5 hours. When cooked, remove the cover and allow the pudding to shrink slightly, then cover the basin with a hot serving plate, hold it firmly and invert. Lift off the basin to leave the pudding on the plate.

Serve hot with custard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are recipes that are just out there, they aren't my own personal recipes, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to try shredded suet (hard fat around kidneys of cattle). It's just fun to say lol

gemini26
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
lol i was wondering what suet was. if u make it take a pic im curious to see what it looks like. And i gotta say "general mouse droppins consistency" is hella funny.

1busymomma
11-10-2008, 09:20 PM

I did a double take to...lmao!

Thanks for explaining it Jenefer!

For dinner here we just had crunchy taco hamburger helper and I had extra fixins to put on top...sour cream, cheese etc...

PB cookies for dessert.