PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried a honey baked ham?

gmyers
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I almost wrote anybody tried a horny baked ham.lol Are they good or are they salty? We're thinking about geting one for Thanksgiving and I don't want to waste my money if they're salty.

speedygirl
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I almost wrote anybody tried a horny baked ham.lol Are they good or are they salty? We're thinking about geting one for Thanksgiving and I don't want to waste my money if they're salty.

That's funny you posted this, That's what we had for dinner today! I personally didn't find it too salty but then again I like salt. DH didn't complain about saltiness and he doesn't like a lot of salt. I got mine from the Honey Baked Ham Store. It was really good and no sinewy stuff. The glaze tastes awesome.

gmyers
11-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Was it very expensive? I'm curious about the price.

speedygirl
11-10-2008, 12:06 AM
It was a small one that was around $30 I believe. (a quarter ham) The big ones are expensive. My mom picked it up for me at the outlet nearby.

gmyers
11-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Thats not bad I don't need a big one, its just me and my husband. Thanks for letting me know how it tastes and what it costs.

speedygirl
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Thats not bad I don't need a big one, its just me and my husband. Thanks for letting me know how it tastes and what it costs.

You're welcome. Enjoy! Mine was just for DH and I as well and we had plently left over. I'll be enjoying the leftovers this week.

LitWtch
11-10-2008, 04:20 AM
Honey Baked Hams are awesome! We get them every year for Christmas. They also have different varieties of glazes, as well as dinner boxes available.

hotwheelstx
11-10-2008, 05:07 AM
They're great. That's all that I was brought up on when we ate ham while growing up.

JMO-I think they're worth the extra money that you spend on them. As for the salt....it just depends on if you like the taste of ham. I don't mind the salt they have.

tljohn123
11-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Oh gooooooodddddd I LOVE those! We used to get them every year for Christmas when I lived in Detroit. Wonder if I can con my mom into sending us one this year lol. Last year, we got a honey baked ham from walmart....was pretty good too

tunisia
11-10-2008, 06:47 AM
the first time I had one from Honey Baked Ham company was years back and it was absolutely delish, as well as so easy to peel off the slices from the spiral. I since order one every year to have delivered to my family in NY for Christmas eve. They absolutely love them. the glaze is to die for.

dinosmom
11-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Honey Baked Hams (I kept on writing Homey Baked Hams LOL) are AWESOME and worth the money. Last yr my aunt spent $100 on a ham, I thought she was crazy until I saw and tasted it. First of all it was HUGE. It didnt even fit in the largest roasting pan she owned (and she likes to cook and has large pans) and it was SO GOOD. Melt in your mouth good! She bought the large one because she likes to share with her neighbors but she had to hide it because we were snacking on this thing the entire night. LOL

1luckylady
11-10-2008, 07:32 AM
They are awesome and I, like everyone else, believe they are worth the extra money you spend on them. We buy one every year and really enjoy it. You get so many comments on the flavor and the texture. Once you buy one, you'll never go back! Take my word.

evrita
11-10-2008, 07:36 AM

Ok come on guys I cant be the only pervert here who caught this :rofl: :rofl: If you can find a horny baked ham let me know how it tastes and where I can get one ;)

atprm
11-10-2008, 07:53 AM
LMAO... I caught it too.

I don't care for Honey baked hams, as much as I like Heavenly Ham -- they are the best...

We used to get them every year... maybe that is what I will get this year.

Kelsey1224
11-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Love Honey Baked Hams. They are expensive, but I personally think they are worth it and they require almost no work.

Unfortunately, we will be having a Turkey for Thanksgiving. But, hubby does the cooking so I can't complain. I'm not a big turkey fan and would much rather have the ham.

atprm
11-10-2008, 10:39 AM
I just looked at Honeybaked Hams --- $79.00 for a 7 pound ham??? (which is the smallest they have)

That's flipping CRAZY!!!

On the flip side, Heavenly Ham is so expensive that they do NOT list their prices!

There is NO WAY that I would be willing (or be able to JUSTIFY) to spend over $10 a pound for a ham.... cheaper to buy one and cook it yourself.

tarbabie
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I wait until they are doing a coupon special- should be able to sign up for coupons on their website...