PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have Hotmail?

klutzie56
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Don't know if I am putting this in the right place or not. Yesterday Hotmail updated their email accounts. Everything is okay except when i open an email, it will only allow me to scroll up just so far. If i want to see the whole email i have to go to Outlook Express. If i open a Quickrewards email it will not let me scroll down far enough to click on the surveys. I hope this makes sense. It's driving me wachy. LOL

freeby4me
11-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I just came from there and I didnt have any problems. I have a full screen open, I click on an e-mail and I can scroll through the entire message.
Maybe someone else will know whats going on? Can you email them to find out if something is wrong with your account?

klutzie56
11-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I have been trying to find a place to email them. Going to support the email bounces back. I have just now tried the feedback and was able to write a message. It must be my computer, darn.

nelda
11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I am not having any problems, but I am using the "slower" version of Hotmail. I assume you are using the fast connection full version?

dinosmom
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I am not having problems but my DH cant get into his Hotmail acct at all. He has even tried using a different web browser.

klutzie56
11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I have cable and windows XP. Maybe it's just something they have to fix after the new look. Just wish they companies would leave well enough alone. I guess I am lucky I can see them in Outlook Express. Has your hubby tried that?

jany40
11-05-2008, 12:39 PM
i have had the same problem.what i do is open the email,then refresh the page then goback to the email.this fixes it for me.

Char
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Don't know if I am putting this in the right place or not. Yesterday Hotmail updated their email accounts. Everything is okay except when i open an email, it will only allow me to scroll up just so far. If i want to see the whole email i have to go to Outlook Express. If i open a Quickrewards email it will not let me scroll down far enough to click on the surveys. I hope this makes sense. It's driving me wachy. LOL

I can see my whole emails at the 'new' Hotmail, but, I have to scroll to see big ones. You might try F11 while you're viewing it, that might help.

knightowl
11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
i have the same problem and i wrote them telling them why can't they leave things alone. I am going to take everything off the hotmail and go with yahoo at least they aren't updated all the time without letting you know. this is such an inconvienience. Hate it. glad i am not the only one.

klutzie56
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I have tried the things that people suggested and no luck. At least I know now it's not my computer. Thank you everyone.

nelda
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Now this morning they have messed with the classic version of Hotmail! The "look" has changed, and unfortunately it's not as easy to quickly read the emails.

IthinkNOT!
11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Mine was different this morning too. I don't like it as much as the other one. A few months ago they went to the Beta version, but I had a chance to opt out of that one. There is no chance to opt out of this.

sunflowers
11-06-2008, 08:48 AM
under your name in the right hand corner is the word options, click it and you will see reading pane settings...leave it at off and it is the easiest way to view your mail....

nelda
11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Now my classic version mailbox is back like it was. Maybe I was on the "full version" earlier this morning. I like the classic or slower version, but not the fast version. The faster version (at least for me) looks like Yahoo, where you can't see all of the email at once and have to scroll down to see the bottom of the email.

klutzie56
11-06-2008, 11:59 AM
How do you get to the classic version?

nelda
11-06-2008, 04:25 PM
How do you get to the classic version?

See if you can find where it says to "switch to a slower connection speed", or something to that effect. Sorry, I don't know exactly where it is. On the very bottom of my inbox page, I have a place to click to switch to the faster connection version, so maybe that is where you can switch back, too.

Mary Jo
11-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I want my old classic hotmail back.
I had the old earlier today, now I have the one and it is slow and very hard to read even with the pane off.

nelda
11-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I want my old classic hotmail back.
I had the old earlier today, now I have the one and it is slow and very hard to read even with the pane off.

Mine is messed-up again, too. It's awful! I hope everyone that isn't happy with this will use the feedback form (click the little "?" in the blue circle on the top right).

I've used this email box for 10 years and it would be such a big hassle to change to another mail server, otherwise I would change!

sunflowers
11-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I love the new look!!No problems yet...knock on wood!

nelda
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess all our complaints to them worked...mine was upgraded again this afternoon and now it is great! The scrolling problem is gone. I just hope they will leave it alone now! This is the notice I had...

"You spoke, Hotmail listened
Over the past year, many of you told us that you wanted a cleaner, faster Hotmail. We released the new Hotmail to meet those needs, and now we're adding more improvements based on your feedback.

In this version, we've changed the way that scrolling works for users who have the reading pane turned off. It'll look more like Classic Hotmail if your reading pane is off.

Even more improvements are coming soon—we'll be moving the advertisement from the top of page to the side, adding more themes, increasing the number of messages on each page, and adding the ability to send instant messages from your inbox.

We appreciate all your feedback and want to thank you for using Windows Live Hotmail."