PDA

View Full Version : It's always something

ilikefree
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't post at BBS a whole lot so no one probably missed me the last few days. We were never planning on having anymore kids, but seems like another one was in store for us. WAS being the key word. I'm really not ready to talk about it, just wanted to get it out since it was very early and none of our family even knew anything about it so I'm not telling anyone here.

Also, several years ago at work DH was walking in a plowed field and twisted his knee. He had problems with it off and on after that and had to have it drained a few times. Now it is giving him problems again. It is grinding pretty good when he bends it. I told him he'd probably have to have a knee replacement. Since he originally injured it at work, workman's comp should pay for it. BUT, his boss doesn't like the employees to go through WC because it makes his payments to them go up. So whenever someone gets hurt (it usually ends up being dh, either because he is so accident prone or because he really gets into his work and isn't as careful as he should be), he wants them to take the bills to him and he'll pay them. I really want him to go to the doctor and have it checked out, but I'm afraid no one will pay for it. I can't remember when he originally injured it if he did go through WC or if the boss paid for it. Plus, I can't remember exactly how long ago it happened...isn't there a time limit for WC? We can't afford any bills right now since we have my big medical bill, car repair bill, insurances, and our regular bills, food and Christmas coming up. I want him to get it checked out before he does permanent damage to it, but am worried about how we'll pay for it. I guess I'll just suck it up and send in a little bit each month. It's been done before and will do it again. Thanks for letting me vent.

YankeeMary
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
HUGS!!! I agree it always seems like something. We are here if you just need to talk. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

cpbaby
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
:hug

I am so sorry for everything you are going through. If you need an ear, please know I am here for you.

Your DH may just have arthritis setting up in that knee. When my arthritic knee is giving me trouble, my DH can hear the grinding from across the room. (It grosses him out, hehehehehe.......) Even if it isnt (or cant be) covered under WC, it needs to be checked out. Try calling a Urgent Care or two and ask if they know of any place that charges on a sliding scale fee.

Kelsey1224
11-04-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm so sorry your plate is so full. Hugs!!!

mosdata1
11-04-2008, 08:31 PM

My prayers are with you & your DH for quick recoveries & peace.

BeanieLuvR
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm so sorry. :hug I hope everything works out for your DH with his knee.

fleabones3
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I am sorry you are going through everything you are right now. Just know that you will get through this, and we all are pretty good about listening

lucimPI
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are flying out to you.

Shann
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
*hugs* I hope things look up for you soon

Anig2u
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorry you going through a rough time, hopefully it wont be as bad as you think with your HB knee.

ilikefree
11-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks everone. I knew I could count on my friends here for support. Oh, cpbaby, and I know how your hubby feels about being grossed out by the sound of your grinding knee. It sends shivers both up and down my spine whenever I hear it!

MamaArc
11-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Sorry your going through so much. I hope it will get better for you soon. I know what you mean about the knee, before my DH had his meniscus (spelling) repaired his made some nasty noises. Hope he finds out what's wrong with it soon so he won't be in pain much longer.

taz69
11-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Hope things get better for you. HUGS!

sheila_361
11-05-2008, 06:55 AM
:hug's my friend!!

sunflowers
11-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Hugs sweetie! Hope it gets better soon!

ElleGee
11-05-2008, 07:25 AM