PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from a friend yesterday

Mary_Jo3
10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
If she didn't have bad luck she wouldn't have any at all, she took in a wonderful dog even though money has been very tight, she is alone and needs the company. I've been sending her free dog food coupons and giving her the ones I get. I've also been sending her samples/freebies to help out as much as I can. But yesterday she had a flat, the side blew out so it can't be fixed and it's going to cost $500 to fill her LP tank (they won't fill it half way). Thank God the price of gas has come down some, don't know how long that will last.
I've put in a trade for free cat food for free dog food in the forsale or trade and will accept a coupon for free people food as well as anything someone might offer in paypal.
I really thought her string of bad luck was over and there isn't much else I can do to help her. For those who read my Christmas Presents post, I'm giving freebies and small amounts of money as gifts.
So if anyone needs cat food PM me.
Thanks

whatever
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
can she use coupons for $ off dog foods as well?

azwup05
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
sent you a PM!

Mary_Jo3
11-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks to everyone who PM'd me and offered my friend help, this is a great board and the people on it are wonderful.

Mary_Jo3
01-06-2022, 06:33 AM
This is what I miss about this board, I don't remember the freebies I gave as gifts that year they must have been pretty good, I remember it being a really tight year with zero money. I sent her every freebie on the board I could find shampoo, toothpaste, sweetener, I remember going there one day after work and she had a counter full of things and I handed her the bag of things I got and she started to cry saying she never thought she would have to live this way. She had canceled her garbage pickup and was burning paper in the backyard and taking things she couldn't burn in little bags to the park every morning on her way to work.

Mary_Jo3
10-08-2023, 08:02 AM
This post was a blast from the past, I remember money being so tight and not knowing where to turn. I'm thankful things are better off now. God is good.