PDA

View Full Version : Just need to scream

CLARKS4
10-26-2008, 07:30 PM
My mother is driving everybody crazy lately. I try and help get the pressure off of Dad but I felt like strangling her tonight. She is all bent out of shape cause my Dad lost money in his 401k. The company he works for just changed to another finicial institute to take vare of their plans. My Dad is in a freeze period right now. We cant do anything with his account until Nov. 16th. He is wanting to move it to a more stable option. Anyways, Mom just cant get itthru her head that we cant do anything until then. After their visit tonight my nerves were shot. Poor Dad has to live with it.:getyou :getyou

Then on top of that, I try and vent to my hubby and he doesnt wanna listen but when he calls and needs to vent about stuff from work I better listen. I'm suppose to put my life on hold and listen to him. He gets upset if I dont give him 100% of my attention. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh:getyou :getyou

I just needed to vent before somebody got fussed at.

sheila_361
10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
:hug's

Anig2u
10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry your going through that..I know my Mom sure could drive me crazy at times too...she lives in FL now..hahahaha Tell your hubby if he wants you to listen to him he better be listening to you too! :hug

CLARKS4
10-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for listening! It really means alot when you need someone to vent to.

Mary Jo
10-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Poor baby, poor baby.
It sure isn't a good time for anybody.
Your parents must be really worried about retirement with this worldwide financial crisis. Everybody who had a 401K plan lost money.
Sorry you have to be caught in the middle of all this.
Hopefully this will all be over for you and your parents by Thanksgiving.

BeanieLuvR
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
:hug Sometimes it feels good just to get it out. I feel sorry that your parents lost money. My dad did too. It stinks. :(

Kimberly61
10-26-2008, 09:37 PM
very sorry for your troubles.....husbands just dont get it at times and it is extremely frustrating! Hope things get better soon for you and your family:)

gmyers
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I feel for your dad and mom. We women do tend to worry and fret a lot more than men. I know I drive my husband crazy sometimes with my worrying. I hope they don't lose anymore though its bad when you really need your money and lose it. I hope things get better for them and you too.

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks everybody! Mom has always been a worry wart. LOL She is just real bad right now. I have to help daddy with his stuff cause neither of them graduated school. Dad can barely read and write. My sister would take everything they have if she could so that leaves me and hubby to take care of their business as well. I love mom and know she cant help it. She's always been this way but I'm wondering if its not getting worse with age.

morgansmom
10-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh Hun, I can understand about the venting. I know my Mother sometimes gets on my last nerve. She just wants things her way and you can't make her see otherwise. I just let her fuss all she wants and then do what I think is right. My Dad is in bad health and I know that gets to her but gosh, just chill out sometimes. And it does get worse with age. I can only imagine what I will be like at her age(62). Hugs for you and it will get better.

ElleGee
10-27-2008, 08:19 AM
:hug

YankeeMary
10-27-2008, 09:35 AM
:slap This is for Mike. Oh heck give him another :slap

I have no advice but offer you lots of hugs and prayers. It has to get better right? hehe. Knowing your mom, I can picture whats up...hehe. I think she is a sweetie, but knowing Mom's I know she is driving you crazy. Call if you need anything.

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 09:48 AM
:slap This is for Mike. Oh heck give him another :slap

I have no advice but offer you lots of hugs and prayers. It has to get better right? hehe. Knowing your mom, I can picture whats up...hehe. I think she is a sweetie, but knowing Mom's I know she is driving you crazy. Call if you need anything.

I'll make sure to slap him twice just for you. LOL
It will get better I just have to somehow get Mom to believe that.
She'll see after that she worried for nothing though.

MERE CHAT
10-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Over the years I could always depend on my mom to vent to and she could rely on me. Now she has Alzheimer's and when I talk to her she'll repeat or ask the same things over and over. I'm glad I was able to listen to her and her to me when she could remember. I miss my "old" mom.

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Over the years I could always depend on my mom to vent to and she could rely on me. Now she has Alzheimer's and when I talk to her she'll repeat or ask the same things over and over. I'm glad I was able to listen to her and her to me when she could remember. I miss my "old" mom.

I'm so sorry your Mom has been affected by Alzheimers. I know there will come a day when I wish I could hear her voice even if it were to complain.

LOL I just needed to vent cause I was trying not to scream at her or anybody else.

ElleGee
10-27-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know how old your parents are but did your grandparents go thru the great depression? Maybe hearing horror stories as a child or summat is making her 'crazy'

Idk just a thought

SLance68
10-27-2008, 03:20 PM
My Mom is going through some of the same stuff with panic over her 401k. I can see their point I would be panicked too if I was closer to retirement age. Especially when they can't make any changes - that would drive me nuts.

But if she is really bugging her - just come on here and have a good scream.

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Elle, my Grandparents did go thru the depression. I think that is part of what she thinks about. She keeps telling me we are going in a depression and it will be next week.

SLance, my Dad still has 13 years before he can retire but his health is not the best in the world. I'm not sure he will last that long.

My mother I believe has some mental issues as well. She is the 14th child that my grandmother had. My grandmother was in a mental hospital when she had my mother cause she had went crazy. I really think it has affected my mother.
I might be back more to scream LOL

dangerousfem
10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
wow.. 14 kids...

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
wow.. 14 kids...

Yeah my thoughts to :tearhair

msmom79
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm So Sorry This Is Happening To Your Parents And To Alot Of Other Folks-hang In There Girl-you Are Sweet ,to Not Have Exploded While Your Parents Were At Your Home-next Time Hubby Needs An Ear Tell Him You Dont Have Time-let Him Know How It Feels-hugs To You Girl-vent All You Want-we Are Here For Ya.

CLARKS4
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm So Sorry This Is Happening To Your Parents And To Alot Of Other Folks-hang In There Girl-you Are Sweet ,to Not Have Exploded While Your Parents Were At Your Home-next Time Hubby Needs An Ear Tell Him You Dont Have Time-let Him Know How It Feels-hugs To You Girl-vent All You Want-we Are Here For Ya.

Thank you very much

ma4angels
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I am sorry that you are having a hard time. Just remember good times you had with your mom and maybe the bad wouldn't seem so bad. I understand about your DH Men sometimes are just self center without realizing it. And of realize it and are just that way. Mine will sometimes get on the kick its all about me and I have to remind that I am here in this marriage too. Not just him. I hope everything works out for you parents with the 401k it is a scary thing to think you might loose your money you worked your whole life for

Mary_Jo3
10-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Same problem with hubbys parents, DH mom yells all the time, so once a week we take his dad out of the house so he can get some peace.
He's had a stroke and DH mom treats him as if there isn't anything wrong, yells when he's slow etc.