PDA

View Full Version : Where did everyone go?

rosiesbrat
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Are you all too busy, or have you stopped playing RTV???

nasle
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
mficke0713 is on vacation,I usually work 12 hours a day.I am going to start posting starter wife, life and sancturay shortly.If you know some answers ,please post
Thanks

PRU
10-25-2008, 01:19 PM
RTV has made it harder and harder to get points so I don't play very much.

irvinesbest
10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm still playing RTV. Although I haven't liked what has been offered in the last few Shopping Sprees, I'm still trying to pad my account with points.

I appreciate all those who've been posting answers. I figured mficke had to be away on a trip or something, so I've been resorting to the MLB games for my trivia. ESPN.com provides play-by-play results, just in case anyone was interested.

nasle
10-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I did not know that since I have no interest with any kind of sport.Can you tell me exactly how? Thanks

irvinesbest
10-25-2008, 03:29 PM
I did not know that since I have no interest with any kind of sport.Can you tell me exactly how? Thanks

Sure. (And BTW, the same applies for NFL football.)

Once you select MLB Baseball for your playlist, you'll see it's usually comprised of 3 different programs -- innings 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9.

What I do is open another tab (just like I would for this forum and RTV) and navigate to the ESPN.com website. From the main page, select "MLB" and from the pulldown select "Scoreboard." Links to yesterday, today, and tomorrow (indicated by the corresponding calendar dates) will appear. Select the link corresponding to yesterday. The game results will then appear. Since we've reached the World Series, only one game will be listed. Look for the link which says "play-by-play" and click on that. That will take you the page which lists every play (that is, when the hitter is either retired or reaches base safely; it doesn't list every pitch).

A typical question on RTV will say, "What did Joe Blow do in the top of the
3rd inning?" Your choices might be...

a) Hit a sharp grounder to the 2nd baseman
b) Lined a single to right field
c) Popped up to the catcher
d) Got caught looking at a called 3rd strike

Just go the appropriate inning on the play-by-play page, look for the player's name, and you'll get your answer!

chipn22
10-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Yep, come NBA time I'll be posting some of the games that ESPN or TNT show. I did it for a few games last year but not until April when the season was basically over.

I surprisingly haven't spent as much time lately because I just haven't been interested in collecting a ton more points. I have a surplus of over 1.3 million right now and keep waiting for a good shopping spree, but since they introduced the new automatic refresher which takes my previous strategy, it's harder and less "fun" if you will to try and redeem.

Thanks to those who continue to post on a daily basis though, I really appreciate it.

paterd
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I have a feeling I'm done with RTV. They changed the way you redeem for the prizes every week. They have a countdown (not more refreshing the page) and it was a full 3 seconds after it hit 00 that the page changed. Then I clicked on the award, nothing happened. Had to click twice before it worked. Then they make you type in a code, which really slows me down, also had to click twice before it took the code. I have a feeling that I won't be able to redeem anymore since my PC is too dang slow. So, I'm not going to waste my time earning any more points until I try it a few more times.

rosiesbrat
10-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I have a feeling I'm done with RTV. They changed the way you redeem for the prizes every week. They have a countdown (not more refreshing the page) and it was a full 3 seconds after it hit 00 that the page changed. Then I clicked on the award, nothing happened. Had to click twice before it worked. Then they make you type in a code, which really slows me down, also had to click twice before it took the code. I have a feeling that I won't be able to redeem anymore since my PC is too dang slow. So, I'm not going to waste my time earning any more points until I try it a few more times.

It's new, so if you write to them to tell them the problems you had, they might change things, especially if you tell them you are losing interest in points that have no value to you. Maybe it works better in Firefox than IE, or vice versa.
Sounds like you got your award tho, because you said it took the code. If that's true, then it's worth the trouble.

rosiesbrat
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Sure. (And BTW, the same applies for NFL football.)

Once you select MLB Baseball for your playlist, you'll see it's usually comprised of 3 different programs -- innings 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9.

What I do is open another tab (just like I would for this forum and RTV) and navigate to the ESPN.com website. From the main page, select "MLB" and from the pulldown select "Scoreboard." Links to yesterday, today, and tomorrow (indicated by the corresponding calendar dates) will appear. Select the link corresponding to yesterday. The game results will then appear. Since we've reached the World Series, only one game will be listed. Look for the link which says "play-by-play" and click on that. That will take you the page which lists every play (that is, when the hitter is either retired or reaches base safely; it doesn't list every pitch).

A typical question on RTV will say, "What did Joe Blow do in the top of the
3rd inning?" Your choices might be...

a) Hit a sharp grounder to the 2nd baseman
b) Lined a single to right field
c) Popped up to the catcher
d) Got caught looking at a called 3rd strike

Just go the appropriate inning on the play-by-play page, look for the player's name, and you'll get your answer!

Cool, even though that's a lot of work. Doesn't help with the ads though, which I keep trying to remind everyone are the major way to get points. I am ready to bail on this site due to the search function not being helpful with the ads I need to find, and people not posting within each show, the ads that go with it. It takes way too long to find commercials when they aren't in each show thread, so I've been using 2 other sites instead lately.

neighbor0
10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
what are the other 2 sites?

rosiesbrat
10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
what are the other 2 sites?

You have to be invited to join. The people who run those boards don't want anyone there who isn't going to contribute, and only use the answers other people provide. We work as a team and help as much as possible. If anyone is serious about contributing, you can PM me and I will have the administrators contact you.