PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank says spend, spend, SPEND

anothersta
10-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Barney Frank: "I think at this point, there needs to be an immediate increase in spending, and I think this is a time when deficit fear has to take a second, uh, a second seat. I do think this is the time for a very important kind of dose of [unintelligible]. Yes, I think later on, there should be tax increases. Speaking personally, I think there are a lot of rich people out there who we can tax at a point down the road to recover some of this money."

Right. For the time being, the taxmasters are defining "rich" as $250,00 annual income (although examination of the plan suggests the effective number is closer to $200,000). When that doesn't work, how long do you think it will take them to lower the threshold?

SurferGirl
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM
The democrats seem to think the more they tax and spend the more ends up in their pockets. I really hope that the McCain and Palin team can really get in there and clean up Washington. I really hope that people like Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi get voted out this year.

janelle
10-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Barney Frank: "I think at this point, there needs to be an immediate increase in spending, and I think this is a time when deficit fear has to take a second, uh, a second seat. I do think this is the time for a very important kind of dose of [unintelligible]. Yes, I think later on, there should be tax increases. Speaking personally, I think there are a lot of rich people out there who we can tax at a point down the road to recover some of this money."

Right. For the time being, the taxmasters are defining "rich" as $250,00 annual income (although examination of the plan suggests the effective number is closer to $200,000). When that doesn't work, how long do you think it will take them to lower the threshold?

LOL, rich people----those who are not Barney Frank's friends who will get tax shelters. Any rich person who gives him money will be exempt.

Barney Frank should be serving some jail time and take his money to help the economy. He will probably retire in the Bahamas with his boyfriend.

SurferGirl
10-25-2008, 11:41 AM
http://www.gop.com/News/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=ed1c1e24-75b6-4e27-b234-f652de0ef26d
They Said It! Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) On Increasing Taxes And Cutting Defense Spending
Rep. Frank: "We'll have to raise taxes ultimately. Not now, but eventually." (Steve Urbon, "Frank Envisions Post-Election Stimulus From Democrats," The Standard Times [MA], www.southcoasttoday.com, 10/24/08)

Rep. Frank Also Called For A 25 Percent Cut In Defense Spending. "In a meeting with the editorial board of The Standard-Times, Rep. Frank, D-Mass., also called for a 25 percent cut in military spending, saying the Pentagon has to start choosing from its many weapons programs, and that upper-income taxpayers are going to see an increase in what they are asked to pay." (Steve Urbon, "Frank Envisions Post-Election Stimulus From Democrats," The Standard Times [MA], www.southcoasttoday.com, 10/24/08)

anothersta
10-25-2008, 02:04 PM
These proposed plans are a terrorist's dream come true

SurferGirl
10-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I think that most of the liberals are making us vulnerable.
I really am afraid of what might happen if Obama get elected along with more democrats in the house and senate.

:beamup