PDA

View Full Version : McCain Volunteer Says She Was Mugged, Had 'B' Carved in Her Face

janelle
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
McCain Volunteer Says She Was Mugged, Had 'B' Carved in Her Face
A woman was robbed in Pittsburgh by an attacker who cut a 'B' in her face after noticing her John McCain bumper sticker, police say

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/mccain-volunteer-says-mugged-b-carved-face/

Thursday, October 23, 2008

0 x
in order to recommend a story, you must login or register.
0 Comments | Add Comment
PITTSBURGH -- A woman robbed at knifepoint at a Pittsburgh ATM says her attacker knocked her down and carved a "B" in her face after noticing a John McCain sticker on her car.

Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention.

A police report does not describe the size or severity of the injury.

Authorities say the woman is from Texas, but aren't identifying her.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richards says the woman was withdrawing money at 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her from behind, put a knife to her neck and demanded money. She says she gave him $60.

The woman told police the robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and then carved a "B" on the right side of her face.

meltodd69
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah after robbing someone this crack head stops to check out her car LMAO. I can think of a few more words that start with B.

janelle
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Obamamania in all it's glory. Ignore the thugs if they are Obama thugs.

freeby4me
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah after robbing someone this crack head stops to check out her car LMAO. I can think of a few more words that start with B.

yea, like AKA female dog.

SurferGirl
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I hope that catch that thug and prosecute him for a hate crime.

janelle
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
It's more than sickening. People are in favor of a mugging when the person is for McCain. Wait until I email FOX about your comments. GAAAAAA Wait until the incident is investigated but the first reaction shouldn't be she is a B and the poor mugger was right. How horrid!!!!! Republicans need to have their backs watched. More than scary.

ilovecats
10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Who said they were in favor of a mugging?

janelle
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Who said they were in favor of a mugging?

Have you read the whole thread? Ok, they are not in favor of a mugging but the carving B on the face is alright. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

ilovecats
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Have you read the whole thread? Ok, they are not in favor of a mugging but the carving B on the face is alright. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

No-one said it was alright,they said the b could have stood for anything.No proof that this was politically motivated.

janelle
10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I won't call her a ***** though. Disgraceful to indite the victim until we know more.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/mccain-volunteer-says-mugged-b-carved-face/

A John McCain volunteer says she was robbed at knifepoint Wednesday in Pittsburgh by an attacker who cut a 'B' into her face after noticing a McCain bumper sticker on her car.

The Republican presidential nominee has since called the volunteer, 20-year-old Texas resident Ashley Todd, and spoken with her and her family.

Todd was working at a nearby phone bank before she was apparently attacked near an ATM machine.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richards said the victim was withdrawing money at 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her from behind, put the knife to her neck and demanded money. She says she gave him $60.

She told police the robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and then carved a "B" on the right side of her face.

Ethan Eilon, executive director of the College Republicans National Committee, said Todd was volunteering through his organization and that she had taken a year off to work on the campaign.

He said that her attacker became enraged when he saw she had the McCain bumper sticker, and yelled, "You are one of those McCain people."

Police say an officer saw the letter on the victim's cheek, but that she refused medical attention. Eilon said she went to the hospital Thursday.

A police report does not describe the size or severity of the injury.

Barack Obama's Pittsburgh spokeswoman Allison Price later issued a statement saying "our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

FOX News' Carl Cameron and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

anothersta
10-23-2008, 08:44 PM

Is it pro women's rights or against them to laugh at something in a woman's mugging story?

janelle
10-23-2008, 09:16 PM
If you are a conservative woman you are not a woman. Now I am beginning to believe you are not even human. How scary is that???

Jolie Rouge
10-23-2008, 09:28 PM
[center]Why that McCain volunteer’s “mutilation” story smells awfully weird
By Michelle Malkin
October 23, 2008 06:43 PM

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/23/why-that-mccain-volunteers-mutilation-story-smells-awfully-weird/

Throughout my career, I’ve covered dozens of fake hate crimes — campus hate crime hoaxes, Muslim hate crime hoaxes, fake noose hangings, etc., etc., etc. Most were perpetrated by liberals, but there have been some shameful ones on our side of the aisle as well.

I’ve reported on the great lengths that warped attention-seekers have gone to in perpetrating fake hate crimes, including beating themselves up, carving swastikas on their dorm room doors and walls, locking themselves in bathroom stalls, and burning down their own houses.

Which is why I’m not jumping up and down with outrage over Drudge-promoted story of a McCain volunteer claiming to have been attacked by a black man whom she accused of carving a “B” in her face after spotting her McCain bumper sticker.

She refused medical treatment after reporting the incident to police. Why on earth would she do that?

Look at her face (photo via Hot Air):

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/todd1.jpg
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/todd1.jpg

What’s wrong with the “B?”

I share my reader Kathy’s suspicions on this. She writes:

Notice how the “B” is backwards on the right cheek……if you were looking in a mirror and put it on your own face…it would appear backwards and would probably be on your own right cheek (due to most folks are right handed)……she put it on her own face but forgot it would show up backwards.

She may have been robbed and beaten but I think she added the “B”….

Take a close look at the picture.

Maaaaybe the alleged robber straddled her upside-down while carving it into her face.

Maybe.

But I’ve got my doubts.

The woman has been identified as GOP volunteer Ashley Todd of Texas. Her Twitter page is here and I find it, well, odd. http://lifeinthefield.com/users/ashley-todd

This seems to me to have shades of Paul Mirecki (note that there was a photo in that case, too), Sarah Marshak, and Tawana Brawley all over it.

If I’m wrong, I’ll apologize. If I’m right, will this woman?

It needs to be said — and since it is not said often enough by those on the other side of the political aisle, I’ll say it again:

We have enough low-lifes and thugs in the world running loose and causing campaign chaos and fomenting hatred without having to make them up. I’ve been blowing the whistle on the real, left-wing rage not on the front page and in-your-face tactics throughout the election season.

Hate crimes hoaxes — by anyone, of any political persuasion, and of any color — diminish us all.

Either way, I hope that Todd gets the help she needs, that the whole truth comes out, and that justice is served on the perpetrator.

Whoever he or she may be.

And from a reader who is a police officer:

“I’m a cop - 8th year now - and this McCain supporter attack just didn’t pass the “smell test” as soon as I read about it.

At this point, I’ll guess the shiner was inflicted either by a friend willingly as part of this hoax or a boyfriend in a domestic dispute.

The “B” is far to shallow and clean to be taken seriously. Reminds me of the stab wounds that a “hero” would get when fighting off a phantom attacker - far to superficial to have been done in what is a fairly violent encounter.

Either way, I’m voting McCain

anothersta
10-23-2008, 09:38 PM
If it's a false story, I hope the gal finds the help she needs.

I've seen people do crazier things for notariaty.

gmyers
10-23-2008, 09:59 PM
To be honest the thought crossed my mind that it might not be true. I hope its not in a way because I don't want to think people are getting this carried away over an election.

janelle
10-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Didn't someone on here say she had her political sign knifed. She caught them doing it.

OmaLisa
10-24-2008, 06:54 AM
From Politico.com

Skepticism in Pittsburgh

The police are skeptical:

Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said.

ElleGee
10-24-2008, 07:11 AM
LMAO What an idiot... and I love how the Republisheep lap it up. :rotf

magenta
10-24-2008, 07:12 AM
It was on our news last night. As soon as it was said she refused medical treatment, I knew she was fishy.

http://kdka.com/local/alleged.attack.campaign.2.847750.html

Oct 24, 2008 7:28 am US/Eastern
Police Probe Alleged Attack On Campaign Worker
PITTSBURGH (KDKA/AP) ― A campaign volunteer for John McCain told police she was robbed at knifepoint at an ATM and knocked down by a man who then carved a "B" in her face after noticing a sticker for the presidential candidate on her car.

Police said the woman, 20-year-old Ashley Todd of College Station, Texas, refused medical attention. An officer saw the injury, but the police report did not describe its size or severity, a police spokeswoman said.

Todd reported the attack late Wednesday. She was to be reinterviewed by investigators late Thursday.

"We're looking at all angles at this point," said Diane Richard, a spokeswoman for Pittsburgh police.

According to Todd, she was withdrawing money just before 9 p.m. Wednesday in Bloomfield when a man approached her from behind, put a knife to her neck and demanded money, police said. She said she gave him $60.

The robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and used the knife to carve a "B" on the right side of her face, the woman told police.

It was unclear what the "B" was meant to symbolize, Richard said.

Richard said the woman was unfamiliar with her surroundings and was unable to tell police which way the attacker ran.

"She told police she was robbed and beaten at an unknown location and managed to drive back to her friend's house … after the incident," said Richard. "The victim was unable to give the exact location where the incident occurred because she was very unfamiliar with the area, but she remembered attempted to use ATM machine with green sign above it."

The attacker was described as a black male, 6'4" tall, 200 pounds with a medium build.

McCain spokesman Peter Feldman confirmed that the woman is a campaign volunteer but declined to comment further.

The Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, called Todd on Thursday afternoon to express their concern, the campaign confirmed.

Allison Price, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign in Pittsburgh, said: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

Police said no police photo had been taken of the woman Wednesday, but by Thursday afternoon a purported picture of a woman with a "B" scratched into her cheek was circulating on the Internet.

Police continue their investigation as they review surveillance video from the bank.

LuvBigRip
10-24-2008, 07:34 AM
LMAO What an idiot... and I love how the Republisheep lap it up. :rotf

How many of us in here did you see lapping it up. Not many.

ElleGee
10-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I don't mean just *here*. I am a member of several boards.

meltodd69
10-24-2008, 08:54 AM
LMAO Guess the crack head has dyslexia too.

uzjazz123
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Obama did it.I saw him do it.:rolleyes:
Infact Obama is the cause of all the problems in the world.

Seriously how low can they go with all this pettiness when the economy is getting out of control.

LuvBigRip
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Police sources tell KDKA television in Pittsburgh that 20-year-old John McCain campaign volunteer Ashley Todd has admitted to lying to them about being mugged and attacked by a man who carved a "B" into her cheek after seeing a McCain bumper sticker on her car. Todd is expected to face charges for the false report, according to KDKA.

gmyers
10-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Seriously how low can they go with all this pettiness when the economy is getting out of control.

Who's they? This girl decided to do something on her own. It didn't have anything to do with McCain or his campaign. To say so is ridiculous. It was the actions of a troubled person. Just like McCain being blamed for what someone yells out at a rally. No one can control what individuals decide to do own their own. Even Obama was heckled by someone once. Was it his fault the person in the crowd yelled something out? No it's not.

janelle
10-24-2008, 11:55 AM
All kinds of crazies are coming out of the woodwork this election year. Glad they caught on before it went any further. I did want to wait until the investigation though. Crazies on both sides.

freeby4me
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM

Are you psychotic?
Seriously.

You need to go get help.
Log off the computer, and go get help.

skyrider
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Oct 24, 7:08 PM EDT

Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story
By JOE MANDAK
Associated Press Writer
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.
Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false and was being charged with making a false report to police, said Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department's investigations division. Police doubted her story from the start, Bryant said.
Todd, who is white, told police she was attacked by a 6-foot-4 black man Wednesday night. She now can't explain why she invented the story, Bryant said.
Todd also told police she believes she cut the backward "B" onto her own cheek, but she didn't explain how or why, Bryant said.
Todd initially told investigators she was attempting to use a bank branch ATM when the man approached her from behind, put a knife with a 4- to 5-inch blade to her throat and demanded money. She told police she handed the assailant $60 and walked away.
Todd told investigators that she suspected the man then noticed a John McCain sticker on her car, became angry and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground and telling her "you are going to be a Barack supporter," police said.
She said he continued to punch and kick her while threatening "to teach her a lesson for being a McCain supporter," police said. She said he then sat on her chest, pinned her hands down with his knees and scratched a backward letter "B" into her face with a dull knife.
Todd told police she didn't seek medical attention, but instead went to a friend's apartment nearby and called police about 45 minutes later.
The Associated Press could not immediately locate Todd's family.
Bryant said somebody charged with making a false report would typically be cited and sent a summons. But because police have concerns about Todd's mental health, they are consulting with the Allegheny County District Attorney.
Todd remained in custody, and police were preparing to charge her with making a false report to police.
"We had some serious cases going on, and this wasted so much time," Bryant said. "Our detectives have been working through the night just to verify the information we suspected was false from the beginning."
Todd worked in New York for the College Republican National Committee before moving two weeks ago to Pennsylvania, where her duties included recruiting college students, the committee's executive director, Ethan Eilon, has said.
Eilon declined to comment on the investigation Friday or to help The Associated Press contact Todd.
Earlier Friday, police said they had found inconsistencies in Todd's story. They gave her a lie-detector test, but wouldn't release the polygraph results. Investigators also said bank surveillance photos did not back up the woman's initial story of being attacked at an ATM.
Police interviewed Todd after she contacted police Wednesday night and again on Thursday, Bryant said. They asked her to come back Friday, ostensibly to help police put together a sketch of the man. Instead, detectives began interviewing her.
"They just started talking to her and she just opened up and said she wanted to tell the truth," Bryant said.
Bryant said it doesn't appear that anyone else put the woman up to the false report.
Police suspected all along that Todd might not be telling the truth, starting with the fact that the "B" was backward, Bryant said.
"We have robbers here in Pittsburgh, but they don't generally mutilate someone's face like that," Bryant said. "They just take the money and run."
(This version CORRECTS that police were preparing to charge Todd, not arraigning her.))
© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast

pepperpot
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah I saw that....now that little twit will have a backwards "B" on her cheek ! LOL

I hope she gets some help, she obviously needs it....

candygirl
10-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I hope that catch that thug and prosecute him for a hate crime.

The thug was caught and her name is Ashley Todd, and yes her stupid azz should be prosecuted for lying and taking up the police time unnecessary :getyou

uzjazz123
10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Rotfl

ilovecats
10-24-2008, 08:16 PM

Janelle,you KNOW in other threads I have thanked you or offered advice.You can't even apologize for acting like I was stupid?WWJD?

janelle
10-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I didn't know I had said you were stupid. ??????? Maybe you are reading something into what I posted that is not there.

BUT I do know I am called Psychotic right here in this thread. Not by you, but no denying that name calling is here and a fact. Plus I don't expect any apology cause it probably won't be given.

anothersta
10-24-2008, 10:17 PM

Is it pro women's rights or against them to state that a woman is a crackhead and dyslexic without any proof? and then laugh about their obvious mental illness?

Quaker_Parrots
10-25-2008, 04:37 AM
Is it pro women's rights or against them to state that a woman is a crackhead and dyslexic without any proof? and then laugh about their obvious mental illness?

I think she was saying it about the "mugger"

candygirl
10-25-2008, 07:42 AM

How nice that it was a McCain supporter herself " In All It's Glory":dancing:

meltodd69
10-25-2008, 07:48 AM
yip I was saying it about the mugger lol.
Although now that you mention it, the "victim" must have mental problems too. To think she would get away with such a lie, and then to hurt yourself too.
I am not a reporter and I don't have a college degree, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see thru this scam. I just know that most people that commit a crime, like this made up mugger, is usually on drugs. And they could care less about who is president. And they don't usually vote either. They only care about getting the next fix. And they wouldn't hang around after the crime to check out someone's car. And why wouldn't the lady run and go to the police?
Don't get me wrong violence against woman is a HUGE problem in this country. But women like this one, making stories up, only hurts woman.

YNKYH8R
10-25-2008, 07:49 AM
LOL!

I M WE TAH DID

SOFA KING

WE TAH DID

ElleGee
10-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Women's rights have nothing to do with this thread.. *buzzer* Try again...

April78945
10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
LMAO. This is like the time I spent an hour doing my face for a Patriots game, only to have PATS and the logo backwards.

What a doofus

candygirl
10-25-2008, 08:34 AM
LMAO. This is like the time I spent an hour doing my face for a Patriots game, only to have PATS and the logo backwards.

What a doofus

:laugh: :laugh:

YNKYH8R
10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Women's rights have nothing to do with this thread.. *buzzer* Try again...I'm a big fan of the buzzer from Fmaily Feud

"Survey Says...................BUZZZZ!!!"

Or the triple horn from The Price is Right.

Ba-dum ba-dum.....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

janelle
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Anything is believable in this election with all the nastiness. Most agree there is more nastiness on the Dem side though with voter fraud, investigations of Palin with hardly none of Obama. Hate sites on Palin and even a so called comedian saying if Palin came to NY she would probably be raped. Just all stupid and hateful. Never seen it so bad.

Then someone on here saying their political sign had been knifed and torn up. WTH

Jolie Rouge
10-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Don't get me wrong violence against woman is a HUGE problem in this country. But women like this one, making stories up, only hurts woman.

:yeah:

freeby4me
10-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I didn't know I had said you were stupid. ??????? Maybe you are reading something into what I posted that is not there.

BUT I do know I am called Psychotic right here in this thread. Not by you, but no denying that name calling is here and a fact. Plus I don't expect any apology cause it probably won't be given.

And what reason would I possibly have for apologizing? I fully stand behind what I said, although you cannot say the same thing, yet no apology for that front. What a surprise.

Go read my post again, and actually try it for a change. It might do you some good.

ahippiechic
10-25-2008, 03:02 PM

You show me where someone called you that.

I get so tired of people *****ing about being called names but instead of reporting it or PM'ing it to a mod, they ***** about it in a post.

I saw someone ask if you were, but no one called you that.

pepperpot
10-25-2008, 04:10 PM

I get so tired of people *****ing about being called names but instead of reporting it or PM'ing it to a mod, they ***** about it in a post.

Hippie, I am hearing what you are saying....however, if I said to you "are you an ******"....technically I did not call you a name but there is a sting........

just saying.....:whistle.....

janelle
10-25-2008, 06:11 PM

Well, I did hit the "report this post" so I did think I emailed you or at least I thought I emailed someone---if the "report this post" works---maybe it doesn't work. ?????

Also, I could have hit the roof and got very nasty here but I have not. I do try to keep it civil. This is just a discussion board after all. LOL Saying are you **** to you are *** is a fine line. Why names have to be directed at anyone in the first place is beyond me. ?????

wobblypops
10-26-2008, 03:42 AM

He very well could be if he is elected.

You do realize that it's Congress & business owners who have more responsibilities within the economy's ups & downs than the POTUS, don't you?

freeby4me
10-26-2008, 05:34 AM
He very well could be if he is elected.

You do realize that it's Congress & business owners who have more responsibilities within the economy's ups & downs than the POTUS, don't you?

Holy good god, did you even read your post LMAO.

"HE" will be the cause of all the problems. But......the President isnt really the "real" cause of all the problems.
So, let me read between the lines. Its not Bush's fault. It wont be McCains fault but if Obama gets elected, THEN it'll be his fault.

"scuse me while I fall off my chair and hyperventilate from laughing so damned hard.

uzjazz123
10-26-2008, 06:14 AM
Holy good god, did you even read your post LMAO.

"HE" will be the cause of all the problems. But......the President isnt really the "real" cause of all the problems.
So, let me read between the lines. Its not Bush's fault. It wont be McCains fault but if Obama gets elected, THEN it'll be his fault.

"scuse me while I fall off my chair and hyperventilate from laughing so damned hard.

ROTFL:lol .You're exactly right freeby4me.They will blame him for everything if he gets elected.

gmyers
10-26-2008, 07:49 AM
ROTFL:lol .You're exactly right freeby4me.They will blame him for everything if he gets elected.

Why not? Isn't that what everybody is doing with President Bush right now? The state of the economy and everything else thats wrong with the world. Thats what I've read on here with some. So are you going to blame Obama if anything else goes wrong after he's elected? Somehow I doubt it. It'll still be Bush's fault.

ahippiechic
10-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Well, I did hit the "report this post" so I did think I emailed you or at least I thought I emailed someone---if the "report this post" works---maybe it doesn't work. ?????

Also, I could have hit the roof and got very nasty here but I have not. I do try to keep it civil. This is just a discussion board after all. LOL Saying are you **** to you are *** is a fine line. Why names have to be directed at anyone in the first place is beyond me. ?????

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Been that way for years; thats why most of the rules threads say to do that OR PM a mod. I did see the post in question, but she didn't call you anything.

If we edit every slightly snarky remark on here, we'd need about 100 more mods on here 24/7.

ahippiechic
10-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Hippie, I am hearing what you are saying....however, if I said to you "are you an ******"....technically I did not call you a name but there is a sting........

just saying.....:whistle.....

No one said 'You are a *******' . If they had, I would have edited it and given out infractions.

janelle
10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Been that way for years; thats why most of the rules threads say to do that OR PM a mod. I did see the post in question, but she didn't call you anything.

If we edit every slightly snarky remark on here, we'd need about 100 more mods on here 24/7.

Well I had no idea the report post wasn't working. How could I? I just thought I was being ignored. Wish they would get it to work or get rid of it.

There are many on here who think they are being ignored when they report a post just because of that problem. Maybe the rules should say email or PM a mod if you don't get a confirmation your message has been received. A lot of web sites send a message received when one emails them. I think it is automated.

Now can this thread be closed? The discussion of the main topic is mostly done.

ahippiechic
10-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Well I had no idea the report post wasn't working. How could I? I just thought I was being ignored. Wish they would get it to work or get rid of it.

There are many on here who think they are being ignored when they report a post just because of that problem. Maybe the rules should say email or PM a mod if you don't get a confirmation your message has been received. A lot of web sites send a message received when one emails them. I think it is automated.

Now can this thread be closed? The discussion of the main topic is mostly done.

Most of the rules threads DO say that. And sometimes it does work because I had several reported post emails this morning.

ahippiechic
10-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Closed at OP's request.