PDA

View Full Version : I just won a prize...

bethieb
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
in the new non-refreshing shopping spree. It worked perfectly for me. Did anyone else get something?

nasle
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Congratulation, what did you win?

bethieb
10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Congratulation, what did you win?

I got the Chevron card. $5 doesn't buy much gas, but it's better than nothing. :D

I was very impressed with the new non-refreshing spree. Was today the first one, or had I missed it last week?

chipn22
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I haven't noticed that until today. So what happens when it's time to redeem - you just sit there and it will automatically change to BUY NOW? I'm confused about it and don't want to figure out the right way when I try to redeem one...

So far, I have redeemed $40 worth of shopping spree gift cards.

bethieb
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I haven't noticed that until today. So what happens when it's time to redeem - you just sit there and it will automatically change to BUY NOW? I'm confused about it and don't want to figure out the right way when I try to redeem one...

So far, I have redeemed $40 worth of shopping spree gift cards.

I just sat there, not refreshing the page, until the timer went to zero. Then the page seemed to refresh itself and the "buy now" buttons came on.

paterd
11-13-2008, 01:39 PM
The new method is terrible! They make you put in a code before you can claim your prize. All 3 times I have tried to redeem, they wouldn't accept the code that I entered. One time I KNEW it was the right code, the other two times the code was VERY hard to read.
As bad as the old system was, at least I was able to snag a prize about every 3rd time, now it's zilch.

chipn22
11-13-2008, 06:48 PM
The very first try on the new system which was a week or two ago was succesful, but I tried it on Tuesday and got the code wrong, so I lost the chance at the prize. It's kind of stupid that they do that, especially since there are some case-sensitive letters in the code, but if you capitalize, then the code registers as wrong. Otherwise, I should have gotten the prize this week.

The new system also favors people with faster internet connections, since you can't refresh before it's time to claim, and since you have to wait for it to load after you enter the code. It's good that they are trying to make the site more up to date with flash and fancy methods to claim prizes, but it's kind of inconvenient.

FreeTipper
11-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Congrats!!

I tried but when it reloaded it gave me a technical error, so I had to refresh the page again and well, everything was gone. So I do agree, that it does favor people with faster internet.