PDA

View Full Version : Free Cell phone and free Min for low income families

Sweetberries
10-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Right now it looks like it is only available in certain states but others will be added maybe it will help some one out

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

SafeLink Wireless offers qualifying customers FREE cellular service. This service is currently available in Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia. Soon, SafeLink Wireless service will be offered in the following states:

SafeLink Wireless Service is coming soon to...
Alabama Massachusetts
Connecticut New Hampshire
Delaware New York
D. of Columbia North Carolina
Georgia Pennsylvania

ak_in_pa
10-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Sounds Like A Good One...alot Of People Will Be Getting On This Plan With The Economy The Way Its Going....not In My Area Thou......soon To Come,they Say

Janna1
10-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank you so much...I signed up as I can no longer afford my cell bill. Thx

Sweetberries
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you so much...I signed up as I can no longer afford my cell bill. Thx

you're welcome :)

they approved me and said they would be sending my phone in 5-10 business days

Congratulations! Your application has been approved for Lifeline Service. We will be sending you a phone within 5-10 business days so please check back soon for more information.

tarasdream
10-19-2008, 01:10 AM
i applied and got my phone in a few days

Liz0613
10-19-2008, 08:20 AM
thanks, they approved me and said they would be sending my phone in 5-10 business days

Janna1
10-19-2008, 10:35 AM

Congratulations! Your application has been approved for Lifeline Service. We will be sending you a phone within 5-10 business days so please check back soon for more information.

I can't Thank you enough...I was approved and sent it on to some friends in need. Thank you again.:dancing:

bumblebeez
10-19-2008, 06:59 PM
thanks so much!!!!! was approved this will really come in handy! :)

tracey74
10-20-2008, 06:19 PM
it will probably take 5 years before it hits wv lol

sandraHardy
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
How many minutes do you get? Will someone let us know when u find out. I just now signed up.

tarasdream
10-21-2008, 01:20 AM
it goes by the state you are in. florida gives you 87 minutes a month. you can buy more at walmart and different places

Neeners
10-21-2008, 01:31 AM
For those of you who don't qualify for this program you can try these

http://www.wireless.att.com/about/community-support/lifeline-link-up.jsp

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/calling/universal_lifeline_program.shtml

It's not free but it's at a reduced rate and that helps!

dangerousfem
10-21-2008, 04:34 AM
cool.. it says its coming to NC.. I wonder how long till it gets here.

Janna1
10-22-2008, 03:12 PM

WOO-HOO....Got my phone today...TYTYTYTYTY. Came Loaded with 88 mins and I live in FL...not too shabby for FREE.....TYTYTYTYTY:happy :thankyou :notworthy

Sweetberries
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
WOO-HOO....Got my phone today...TYTYTYTYTY. Came Loaded with 88 mins and I live in FL...not too shabby for FREE.....TYTYTYTYTY:happy :thankyou :notworthy

you're welcome! :) :dancing: :itsme: :rock:

hiltonqueen
10-23-2008, 12:25 PM
For those of you who don't qualify for this program you can try these

http://www.wireless.att.com/about/community-support/lifeline-link-up.jsp

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/calling/universal_lifeline_program.shtml

It's not free but it's at a reduced rate and that helps!

OMG! Thank you so much for this information! I downloaded the application for AT&T, faxed it in & they have sent it to the billing department so they can wave the deposit (*on my credit, it would be $500) required to set up a new AT&T account. Different states have different laws, but in Oregon you don't have any restrictions on your phone (some other states only allow basic service, no texting, email or web access), so essentially, I am getting a brand new AT&T account with a normal contract, all the bells and whistles... including the phone and plan that I want!

I just spent the morning on my pay as you go phone with government agencies... burning up 100 minutes, that sucks!

Getting a new AT&T doesn't suck, it's wonderful.

Thanks again! :dancing:
Debra

Neeners
10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
That's wonderful Debra! I'm very happy that it worked out and I hope it helps!

I also wanted to mention Alltel has a lifelink plan as well with more states that aren't covered in the other ones ...not free but reduced.

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/AlltelPublic/Content?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Personal/home/p/wirelessplans/lifeline+and+linkup/dlifeline+and+linkup

Janna1
11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Just wanted to bump it up. Oh and I got my additional minutes on the 1st!

wtom99
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
There are also 2 other links at the bottom of page that gives info for help for home phones for low income. When you click a link it will ask for your state and phone company. It will also list the many programs you can be on to qualify.
:bump

Janna1
11-07-2008, 09:35 PM
There are also 2 other links at the bottom of page that gives info for help for home phones for low income. When you click a link it will ask for your state and phone company. It will also list the many programs you can be on to qualify.
:bump

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that. This will come in handy yet again.:dancing:

ahippiechic
01-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Bump

ladycat3
01-23-2009, 09:35 AM
This is a wonderful program. I've already rec'd my phone----it is Tracphone, and you can buy Tracphone airtime cards and add minutes to it. In Fl, you get 68 minutes per month---helps me keep in touch with my 19 year old daughter.

Well worth applying for if you qualify.

jj50000
01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
We just got ours. It is a good deal. I am letting my son use it b/c he doesnt use cell phones alot. You can either call add the minutes free the first three day of the month or if you leave the phone on it automatically does it. You just have to renew every year and they send a reminder. A really good plan I would think especially for seniors who cant afford the high price of cell phones. It took about 4 weeks for approval and 7 business day to come after approval via ups I think. I originally saw add on tv. We get 84 minutes per month.

country60
01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Awe! I wish Kentucky was on their list. :( But Thanks anyway!
we never get the good stuff. :( :(

_________________Currently For : ________________________________
Alabama, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Delaware, New York, D. of Columbia
North Carolina, Georgia, and Pennsylvania
__________________________________________________ ____________
We’re sorry, but SafeLink Wireless does not currently offer Lifeline Service in your area. We are currently offering service in parts of Tennessee, Florida, Massachusetts and Virginia, with plans to begin offering service soon in the States listed below.

cab1277
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I got my phone today via Fedex. I think my application took about a week to process (if that). I'm going to keep it in my car for emergencies.

ilovecats
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
It is now available in Massachusetts.

kytten1
02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I applied because my son has SSI and Medicade and we need it to contact (all)his doctors,schools ect.I got accepted but im trying to figure how I can get the information because hes the one on Medicade and .SSI

TeeNcee
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
new york is now up! I just applied & said my phone is on the way!! Thanks for this info!

magenta
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Now available in Pennsylvania.
Sorry, I didn't notice PA listed in the post above!

IthinkNOT!
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
It says still not available for North Carolina.

tamaralynn007
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I acutally have one and its not a fancy shmansy cell ..its a trac phone and you get free minutes its like 85 minutes per month...but you can buy refill cards at walmart, family dollar, etc. BELIEVE ME....I am not into all the bells and whistles so this is perfect for me..I just wanted all to know it is a legit company and I received my cell phone within 3 weeks of filling out the application. The free minutes are added on the 1st of month...

aceluvjay
02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
A question do you have to download the form and send it in before you get the phone? I applied and it said " Congratulations! Your application has been approved for Lifeline Service. We will be sending you a phone within 5-10 business days so please check back soon for more information"

ilovecats
02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
A question do you have to download the form and send it in before you get the phone? I applied and it said " Congratulations! Your application has been approved for Lifeline Service. We will be sending you a phone within 5-10 business days so please check back soon for more information"

No,you are all set.Your phone will come soon.Mine came fedex.

aceluvjay
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Thank you so much for the quick answer this couldnt come at a better time for me I just hope that people that are doing this really need it because the economy sucks and there are so many hurting right now

ilovecats
02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you so much for the quick answer this couldnt come at a better time for me I just hope that people that are doing this really need it because the economy sucks and there are so many hurting right now

Your welcome.They do check to see if you are indeed low-income,so I think it would be pretty hard to lie about it.

kytten1
02-11-2009, 05:31 AM
With all my son's dr.s appointments I need a phone I don't think they will have any prob with that it's trying to find all the info I need for them is all. I live in SOuth Daytona,Fl and I qualified.

eden123
02-11-2009, 06:54 AM
I live in Mass. and I applied for my mother in law, who also lives in Mass.
She got approved within a couple of hours and received her phone in 4 days. It was really fast and easy. It is a Trac phone, and she did get a couple of suspicious text messages and phone calls the first couple of days, but those have stopped now (my husband thinks the phone number assigned to her used to belong to a drug dealer). It is a great deal, especially for an elderly person receiving federal aid. She gets 80 minutes per month, and the minutes do roll over if unused.

kytten1
02-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I jst recieved my phone. Now Im waiting to get the email to figure what other info they want.Im afraid to even set it up untill I find out what they need.

june5917
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
yay im so excited this is in ny now.

says ill be getting my phone in 5-10 days!!

what a great help

ilovecats
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I jst recieved my phone. Now Im waiting to get the email to figure what other info they want.Im afraid to even set it up untill I find out what they need.

If you already received the phone,they don't need any other info.They will not email you again,you can set up your phone now.

ladycat3
02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
There was a mistake about the minutes you get in Fl----it's 68----I just got mine! Great post!!!!!

mannerswife
02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
This is so awesome.I saw that in was in NY last night so I filled out the application and I just checked and it says I am excepted and will get my phone in 5-10 days.I have so many Dr. Appts. and my car has seen it's better days so I am always nervous driving without a phone but that will change soon.Thank you to all of you for your help.

kytten1
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
The back draw you cant get any ringtones or wallpaper for these phones.

sandraHardy
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
ITs free...who needs wall paper?

gravittr
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
i have what the call a lifeline in my area.only have a certain area i can call. can call everywhere else witha calling card on the phone. i can talk 24/7 and its still only 15.24 a month.which i cant complain at all.free in coming calls from some of the areas around me so some of my friends who cant call ld can call me anytime the want too.so thats cool.the dont have chartion valley listed for my area.but thats where i get it and if u referr someone u get 10 dollars off ur bill which is really cool it all adds up to help

smart5799
02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks so much...Came in just a few days

june5917
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
I still have not recieved my phone but today i got a email from tracfone saying congrats on being a customer. did anyone else get this email before they got the phone?

chazsgirl
02-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I got my phone today and was amazed that it even came, cute little phone! Thanks!

oh also I only got 43mins! fine by me!

daesmommy
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I still have not recieved my phone but today i got a email from tracfone saying congrats on being a customer. did anyone else get this email before they got the phone?

I got that same email today, and then I got the phone about 3 hours later by Fed Ex. it came with 72 minutes here.

I was also looking online at walmart, you can buy the same phone for 9.88 that comes with double minutes for the life of your phone. and if you buy a 30 dollar 120 minute card, it doubles to 240 minutes. very interesting. the text messaging rate is .30 per message in and out. on the 72 minutes I got, i could make 240 texts. and with the 120 minutes, i would get 240 minutes = 800 texts.

chazsgirl
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I got that same email today, and then I got the phone about 3 hours later by Fed Ex. it came with 72 minutes here.

I was also looking online at walmart, you can buy the same phone for 9.88 that comes with double minutes for the life of your phone. and if you buy a 30 dollar 120 minute card, it doubles to 240 minutes. very interesting. the text messaging rate is .30 per message in and out. on the 72 minutes I got, i could make 240 texts. and with the 120 minutes, i would get 240 minutes = 800 texts.

that is a hot deal! i already have a cell but free is free!

ak_in_pa
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
NO EMAIL....BUT PHONE CAME YESTERDAY....46 MINS :dancing:

june5917
02-20-2009, 01:57 PM
phone came yesterday with 71 minutes here in ny

Corely
03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Bump....Just because it is a great thing!

Dianne
03-15-2009, 04:47 AM
Not supported in Kentucky. Lots of us qualify and could use this service in this state.

Sweetberries
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Not supported in Kentucky. Lots of us qualify and could use this service in this state.

well hopefully it will be soon :)

RavenSek
03-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Question does the minutes roll over to the next month if not used?

Sweetberries
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Question does the minutes roll over to the next month if not used?

yes I believe so :) I could be wrong though

tarasdream
03-16-2009, 03:33 PM
yes they roll over i have over 200 minutes because i try not to use it that much so i can rack up the minutes

bigwee
03-19-2009, 04:47 AM
I wonder if they'll just add the minutes to your existing phone if you already have a tracphone. I don't need another phone and I don't want to learn another number.:shrug but I will

pghmama
03-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Also, speaking of phone numbers, many of them do not readily display the number. You should also know that if you follow the directions for setting up voicemail (to press number 1, etc.) that it deducts at least a minute for doing that. The alternative, if you know the Tracphone number, is to call from another phone and do it that way.

MX3KRAZY
03-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I got mine today! It came with 72 mins. It came within 72 hours after signing up!!! Nice phone too. Thanks for the awesome post!!!

jj50000
03-22-2009, 05:28 AM
The tracfone is around $9.99 in the store. The double minute one is at best $19.99 in the store. It is not the same one. Double minutes one comes with a camera. Also if you do need minutes you might try ebay. I have gotten cards from them at worst they are the same price as the stores minus sales tax. At best I have gotten 120 minutes for $25 which is about $5 off. The free tracfone is a good deal and minutes do rollover and are automatically put on at the beginning of each month. Hope this helps. Jennifer

emmkristin
03-23-2009, 06:18 AM
How many minutes do you get? Will someone let us know when u find out. I just now signed up.

i get 78 minutes each month and whatever you don't use rolls over so it's a good plan no extras on the phone but it's a great deal

mannerswife
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Just so you all know if you are an idiot like I am and loose this phone,they will send you another with new minutes.I have never lost a cell phone and I loose this only a couple of weeks after I get it.I asked about the minutes I had on it because I got it at the very end of February so I have those minutes and March, but I couldn't understand all of what he said.I know it was something like when you call to say you have recieved your new phone they will try to verify what you had when the phone was reported missing and de-activated.Just a FYI.

WendyLou75
03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Okay I'm an idiot or really slow... but do I have to actually FAX the application and the Tax Return? Because it seems like none of you sent that in and got your phone. I'm so lost.

ilovecats
03-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Okay I'm an idiot or really slow... but do I have to actually FAX the application and the Tax Return? Because it seems like none of you sent that in and got your phone. I'm so lost.

No,I just filled in the application and I was approved.Maybe if your financial circumstances are different you have to?I am on government medical help,maybe that is why I didn't have to?Did they tell you to fax stuff over?

WendyLou75
03-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I haven't gotten anything yet...just filled it out literally 15 - 20 minutes ago. I'm on Food Stamps... I guess they have their ways of figuring that out though. ;)

ilovecats
03-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I haven't gotten anything yet...just filled it out literally 15 - 20 minutes ago. I'm on Food Stamps... I guess they have their ways of figuring that out though. ;)

If you are on food stamps they can get the info.Don't worry about it,you will get the phone,they won't contact you.They didn't ask me for proof,They found it themselves.Hope this helps.

WendyLou75
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, of course they can... it's a Government thing. ;) LMAO! J/K! I must say though, I have never had any problems with DHS regarding my food stamps, in fact my "counselor" who I've only met once in my life - for my re-eval. - made sure she considered every possible credit and was very helpful. :) Been on them for less than a year, hoping to get off them soon, though.

PrincessArky
03-29-2009, 06:53 PM
thanx looks like we should be able to get a discount if we go with alltel, not sure if they will do more than one phone but thats ok if they don't it sure will save us some money.

WendyLou75
03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Just checked my status, since I never got an email from them and it says:

Status

Qualfied Enrollment
Description

ilovecats
03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Just checked my status, since I never got an email from them and it says:

Status

Qualfied Enrollment
Description

Congrats!It comes fast.

jules2729
03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
thank you so much-this will help out alot due to not being able to afford a cell phone!!!:star:

WendyLou75
03-31-2009, 01:18 PM
How is this delivered? So I know what to be watching for.

ilovecats
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I think it was Federal express.

Blondiex46
04-01-2009, 09:09 AM
wonder if you have to be 18 to get it I think I will call them. Thanks

gravittr
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
the page wouldnt load up for me today

Blondiex46
04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I couldn't get anybody to answer the phone. If you get accepted do you still have to mail or fax the paper to them?

eeyore329
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I helped my grandmaw apply for this today, and she was approved........we did the online application.

Gherky
04-02-2009, 08:42 AM
I helped my brother get one through the online application and it was very quick and easy. He received the phone within a few days and gets 68 minutes a month.

WendyLou75
04-03-2009, 01:55 PM
So I got my phone today, and it came with 140 minutes. I am in TN, I thought I was only getting 68. Anyone know what's up with that? This phone is actually cooler that my old phone. LOL!

ilovecats
04-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I got more minutes than I was expecting too.I don't know why,but not complaining.

Zylaniah
04-12-2009, 12:24 PM
They give you about 60-70 minutes per month, and you can purchase more, but it's great for someone who doesn't really use a cell, but has one just in case. Got this for my fiancee, and he buys a 20 dollar card in addition to the free minutes they give, and it last a whole month. Not a bad deal. Just don't lose the phone, it's that small, LOL, but FREEEEE!!!!!

kytten1
04-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Im having trouble setting up my voicemail--all iget is voicemail is not set--can anyone please help me figure how to set up my voicemail?

ilovecats
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Im having trouble setting up my voicemail--all iget is voicemail is not set--can anyone please help me figure how to set up my voicemail?

Bumping up so more people will see this.I can't figure it out either.

Blondiex46
04-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Bumping up so more people will see this.I can't figure it out either.

All i had to do was push #1 and it takes you to voicemail on mine.

Blondiex46
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Can I just vent a minute. Yes I appreciate the phone and the minutes (46 for mine in PA) but my issue is they charge you when people call you, well people were calling the previous owner of the phone, dr. offices, car insurance company AND it used 15 minutes of my minutes. I complained they were supposed to replace it to no avail. Will call when I get home and complain again. They did give me a new phone number.

ilovecats
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Can I just vent a minute. Yes I appreciate the phone and the minutes (46 for mine in PA) but my issue is they charge you when people call you, well people were calling the previous owner of the phone, dr. offices, car insurance company AND it used 15 minutes of my minutes. I complained they were supposed to replace it to no avail. Will call when I get home and complain again. They did give me a new phone number.

Did you answer these calls?I am letting my dd use mine because I am home most of the time and don't really need it.I would prefer her having the ability to call home whenever she needs to.She doesn't answer any # she doesn't recognize(I think there were only a couple),as far as I know she hasn't wasted any money on those type of calls.

hotdoglove
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
To set up voicemail: just dial your cell number on your cell phone and then that should take you to your voicemail instructions. I do have to warn you that setting up your voicemail does eat up your minutes becuse it time consuming. Hope this helps you out!!!!

lmhilly
04-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Still not available in my town, but it is available for the 2 towns next to mine!

5doughter
04-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Thank you so much!! I just go to website and see the qualification. I'll apply for my friends they are in need. very helpful infomation!

sandraHardy
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Warning to all cell phone users!!! Cell phones cannot go in the hot tub ( IN YOUR POCKET) when you do!!!

PS. THEY CANT GO IN THE WASHING MACHINE EITHER.
BUT SAFELINK WILL REPLACE. BOY AM I GLAD OF THAT. LOL.

mannerswife
04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Bringing this back to the top.

ddburke200
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I live in NY got one

scz71
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I will be watching to see if it reaches our state.

rosebud_19
05-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Thank you, just apply.

singing2gl
05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
only certain areas...

PrincessArky
05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
only certain areas...

as stated in first post

Right now it looks like it is only available in certain states but others will be added maybe it will help some one out

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/home.aspx

SafeLink Wireless offers qualifying customers FREE cellular service. This service is currently available in Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia. Soon, SafeLink Wireless service will be offered in the following states:

Alabama Massachusetts
Delaware New York
Georgia Pennsylvania

ilikefree
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Ohio never gets anything good :(

Captiva
05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I got mine in Nov of '08. It has never worked. Numerous calls later (in which I can't understand the women I talk to, they are Asian, I think) they sent me another phone two days ago. All my minutes are gone. It has NO time on it. I dread having to call again. And I do hope this one works better than the last one.

Hope everyone had better luck than me with these.

IthinkNOT!
05-30-2009, 06:04 PM
This is good in North Carolina now. Dad has had his for about 3 months.

Sweetberries
05-31-2009, 12:50 AM
I got mine in Nov of '08. It has never worked. Numerous calls later (in which I can't understand the women I talk to, they are Asian, I think) they sent me another phone two days ago. All my minutes are gone. It has NO time on it. I dread having to call again. And I do hope this one works better than the last one.

Hope everyone had better luck than me with these.

sorry :( you're having a hard time
mine works just fine

GemofPa
05-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Woo-Hoo :dancing:... Now in PA. I just did my enrollment :rules and I am sure I`ll get it. This will be the first cell phone I have ever had....:)

Thank U 4 the post.... :itsme:

Captiva
06-02-2009, 01:19 AM
sorry :( you're having a hard time
mine works just fine

Well, just an update on my phone. I called (and this time got a man in India - ironically - I could understand better than the ladies I had talked to before), but anyway, he gave me some numbers to put in and certain places on the phone to go and do this and that. He said then wait an hour and make a call.

Now this same thing happened with the first phone.

Ok, in an hour I make the call. It works fine! Then we call into the cell and it also works. Amazing!

THEN....It has not worked since!

This is precisely what happened with the first phone.

I have taken it all over town thinking maybe there was a dead spot at my house but no, it won't work anywhere.

I told my husband I was throwing that thing off a bridge! I am so upset with this! Everybody's works but mine! My niece got one - and it doesn't look like mine - and it works perfectly.

I give up. I'm not messing with it anymore. It is just too frustrating!

Thank you all for listening, and thank you, Sweetberries for the comment. I'm glad everyone's is working well.

smart5799
06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I have been using this service for a while it is great. Have a question? I keep getting a text from safelink telling me that CVS (at participating stores) has minutes for this service for $ 3.00 but it dosnt say how many minutes. Does anyone know anything about this? If the minutes are discounted that would be awesome. Thanks for any information anyone can give me!

MoM 3 2 B
06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm getting my phone monday. YAY!

kytten1
06-06-2009, 10:16 AM
$3.00--for -10min
$5.00 for- 25 min
$10.00 for 50 min
Safelink phone cards.

jj50000
06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
$3.00--for -10min
$5.00 for- 25 min
$10.00 for 50 min
Safelink phone cards.
are these phone cards only good on the safelink tracfone. My friend has a double minute tracfone and just wondering if she could use it on that. thanks

Captiva
06-15-2009, 09:18 AM
After about 50 calls to customer service, mine still doesn't work :(

jj50000
06-15-2009, 05:56 PM
saw ad that it is now in NH

freebema
06-15-2009, 09:16 PM

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

Alabama Massachusetts
Delaware New York
Georgia Pennsylvania

did u have 2 give ur SS # an my toolbar sayn has ben fraud on this att site im jus confused now lol

Sweetberries
06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
did u have 2 give ur SS # an my toolbar sayn has ben fraud on this att site im jus confused now lol

this is a legit site :)
I have gotten my phone and have had no problems

and yes you have to put your SS # in

kytten1
07-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I misplaced my phone cant find it anywhere if I call them will I have to pay to have my phone replaced?

birdinflight
07-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Just a warning......In my area you get 42 minutes a month and they do check your qualifications thoroughly.If you already have lifeline on your home phone,you won't qualify.If you certify that you do not have lifeline on your home phone,but do have it...you can be brought up on perjury charges.Not worth it for me to risk a perjury charge.
birdinflight

Mamacita9
07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks alot for this one!! Was approved in less than 5 mins.. Will take 5-10 days to get here..

Sweetberries
07-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I misplaced my phone cant find it anywhere if I call them will I have to pay to have my phone replaced?

I'm not really sure :) I wouldn't think so
wouldn't hurt to call and ask

Captiva
07-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Well they did send me a second phone when we couldn't figure out why mine didn't work. They might send you another one. I asked what to do with the old one and they said just keep it, do whatever I wanted with it.

BTW, my second phone doesn't work either. They said it just must be the area I'm in. Nothing they can do about that. They keep adding minutes every month. But it seldom ever works. There are some places in town I can use the phone but they are few and far between.

I would guess they would send you another one. I'd try anyway.

Mamacita9
07-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that if you are still waiting for the phone you can go back on the link above and when you click on status if you scroll down it gives you the tracking # and ticket # for FedEx.

VALENA-)45
07-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks to op and everyone else that has kept this on the first page. Most of the females in my family and extended family says: "Thank You, " for protection and peace of mind", they can call for help if and when needed.

BoosMommyJenn
07-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I actually signed up for this about a month ago... it does actually come. They send the phone with it already activated and connected, and you get an allotment of minutes every month automatically for free (If I remember correctly mine came with 180 minutes on it and it had a code in the box that I entered like it said and it gave me an additional 40 minutes). The service is offered through TracFone so it is VERY expensive if you want/need additional minutes over what they give you for free every month.

But, to sum it up, it is good to have for emergencies.

It does NOT offer any type of perks (free nights, free weekends, etc) but it does come with voicemail (like all others do now-a-days) and caller ID.

:itsme:

gravittr
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
not in this area yet but soon yeah

kytten1
07-20-2009, 04:35 PM
I found it it fell inside one of my chairs. Thanks for all the Advice.

Sweetberries
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
glad you found your phone :)

shellmcl
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Noticed they added some states in the coming soon list! Thought some might want to keep an eye out for their home states!

ilikefree
09-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Ohio, yes, but unfortunately not MY part of Ohio :(

Area not Supported

We’re sorry, but SafeLink Wireless does not currently offer Lifeline Service in your area. We are currently offering service in parts of Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin with plans to begin offering service soon in the States listed below.

Arizona Puerto Rico
Illinois Texas
Kentucky Washington
Missouri

vpurple
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
the people you are talking to for help are in Belize.
that is why you cant understand them.

Licchl05
10-24-2009, 08:55 PM
up!

SHELLBELL
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
i got my phone in the mail and i have to say it is a blessing that the goverment is helping us out!!!

birdinflight
10-26-2009, 03:18 AM
If you have Link Up America or Lifeline on your home phone,you can't get this.Just a heads up.If you check the last box before submitting saying you don't have either of these programs just to get the free phone,that is perjury.I'm not committing perjury to get a free phone and a few free minutes.But thanks anyway.

tarasdream
10-29-2009, 07:24 AM
has any one had to reverify yet? they screwed up on mine and i have called them over 20 times and they keep telling me they are sending me the papers to sign and never do. they speak no english they are rude and refuse to let you talk to a supervisor.

Jaxx
10-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Alaska Idaho Maine Nevada Rhode Island Washington
Arizona Indiana Minnesota New Mexico South Carolina Wyoming
Arkansas Iowa Mississippi North Dakota South Dakota
California Kansas Missouri Oklahoma Texas
Colorado Kentucky Montana Oregon Utah
Hawaii Louisiana Nebraska Puerto Rico Vermont

Can't wait til it's in my state :)

EMSnurse
10-30-2009, 08:29 AM
I live in OH and I just got approved! Woohoo!

Jaxx
11-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I contacted them and they said it's coming to my area in
the next couple of months! can't wait cause we could
really use a cell phone

vicky122
11-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Here is a place also. Didn't go through all the pages to see if it was posted.
https://www.reachoutmobile.com/

Andrewgran
11-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I signed up online and they sent me a paper to comfirm all the info then I had to send copies of what program I was on like food stamps, medical assistance or disability. Within 4 days I had my Trac Phone. Here in MD they give you 67 minutes.

jj50000
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Reverification

Paperwork mailed to me automatically about a month before expiration date. You can mail or fax back which I faxed.

also can go to www.safelink.com and should be word verification at top.
click there

they also called and left message to go to their site and click the verification sign.

hope this helps.

Captiva
11-18-2009, 05:00 AM
has any one had to reverify yet? they screwed up on mine and i have called them over 20 times and they keep telling me they are sending me the papers to sign and never do. they speak no english they are rude and refuse to let you talk to a supervisor.

Yes, I had to, but I did it online. They wrote me and sent the link and said to go there and click 'verify'. I did that and have heard no more. So, I guess it was okay.

You are SO RIGHT about not being able to understand them and they were very rude to me also. I have no idea what they are saying 3/4 of the time!

FreebieFly
12-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I got a text message on my phone telling me to go online to verify my account. So I did. Very simple, took 2 minutes and I am good to go :) Thank you Safelink, Tracfone and Lifeline!

ilovecats
12-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I got a text message on my phone telling me to go online to verify my account. So I did. Very simple, took 2 minutes and I am good to go :) Thank you Safelink, Tracfone and Lifeline!

Are you able to get all three free?I thought if you got one you were ineligible for the others?I hope I am wrong because I am letting my dd use the safelink,if I could get another I very well might get rid of the land line that I can't afford.

FreebieFly
12-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I have 1 free cell phone that I signed up for through the Safelink website. It is a Tracfone phone. It is also the phone number that has Lifeline service. Safelink phones are the same thing as getting Lifeline service on your landline phone, but on a cell phone that can go anywhere :)