PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers

gmyers
10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I called a plumber Friday because my washing machine was pouring out water when the water drained and water was backing up into my tub. They were too busy Friday so he asked if they could come today. We said ok. We've been waiting all day and no plumber. We called four times today but kept getting his answering machine and he didn't call back. Finally he called at three and said he'd send someone out today but it's past six and he still hasn't come or called explaining why not. I'll give him till Monday then I'll find another one. And I hope he doesn't think he's going to charge us more Sunday because the house calls are $150 before they do any work on Sunday. I don't think we should be charged more because they didn't show up when they said they would.

April78945
10-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh that sucks! Hope he shows soon so you can get your laundry done. And I agree, he should not charge you extra for him not being able to come right out..he should have said he was extra busy and to call someone else if it was an emergency. Was his name Joe? lol

gmyers
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM
No it wasn't Joe?lol We called again but keep getting the answering service and no call backs. Time for a new plumber. We always use this one and he's usually really good but now you can't get a person to talk too just his answering machine. Which is really aggravating me to no end.

SLance68
10-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I wish you good luck. I am sure you will be able to get one on Monday. I just had to have the drain line on my washer cleared out 2 weeks ago. I was lucky that mine was just overflowing onto the floor - if I caught it in time I could just lift the lid and let it drain slowly - no backing up into the machine.

iluvmybaby
10-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I called a plumber Friday because my washing machine was pouring out water when the water drained and water was backing up into my tub. They were too busy Friday so he asked if they could come today. We said ok. We've been waiting all day and no plumber. We called four times today but kept getting his answering machine and he didn't call back. Finally he called at three and said he'd send someone out today but it's past six and he still hasn't come or called explaining why not. I'll give him till Monday then I'll find another one. And I hope he doesn't think he's going to charge us more Sunday because the house calls are $150 before they do any work on Sunday. I don't think we should be charged more because they didn't show up when they said they would.

Plumbers AND lawn mower repair men suck. I had a guy coming out to look at my riding lawn mower ((old but dependable until this summer)) waited around 10 hours on Saturday ((had to take a day off work because he wouldn't look at it with no one there)) canceled my plans, and he never came. Showed up THREE days later at 7 am when I was home alone and wanted to look at it, woke me up pounding on the door. That is insane in the membrane. I hope that you get your washing machine mixed. BEFORE he comes out make sure that it is clear you will not pay the $150 dollars for the service call

April78945
10-18-2008, 07:33 PM
That is insane in the membrane

OMFG!! LOL I haven't heard that in a LONG time.

CLARKS4
10-18-2008, 07:39 PM
OMFG!! LOL I haven't heard that in a LONG time.

I was just thinkin the same thing. We use to around sayingthat all the time. Your insane in the membrane, your insane in the brain. LOL

I do hope you find a plumber that will come when he says he will. It's aggravating I know.

BeanieLuvR
10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I hope that you get it fixed soon. :)