PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place for ear piercings...?

kidzpca
10-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Where is the best place for ear piercings?

As in place to get them done at...

Tattoo shop
Ear ring/jewelry shop
Self

Give any advice....

TiA

crazylady
10-18-2008, 08:32 AM
THE EAR!!! J/K

Do you mean, place to have it done, or location of the piercing?

dv8grl
10-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Claires Boutique or ICING most malls have them or similar.

I think even Sallys Beauty Supply does., but I can't be sure. I know they sell the starter piercer set, where you can do it at home.

crazylady
10-18-2008, 08:38 AM
WalMart does it. I believe the piercing is free, when you buy the jewelry from them.

Army-Mom
10-18-2008, 09:09 AM
I have 11 and I had them done at the mall..

galeane29
10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
THE EAR!!! J/K

I was thinking the same thing LOL

PinkAquila
10-18-2008, 12:05 PM
THE EAR!!! J/K

I was thinking.. "the ears"...lol

speedygirl
10-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I had a second hole put in at a piercing shop when I had my bellybutton done.

janelle
10-18-2008, 01:55 PM
The jewlery shop where they sell the earrings usually has a person who does it. If not go to a beauty salon. I had mine done at both places. The first ones grew shut.

msmom79
10-18-2008, 02:13 PM
i had my step mom do mine when i was younger-i guess its really comes down to "who you trust to do it"

Willow
10-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I've heard that some doctor's offices do them. We are going to have Lucy's done but we are going to wait until she's had her two month shots. That's what was suggested.

Ms.LG
10-18-2008, 03:17 PM
I second the doc's office.

I trust the body art shops I go to but I would rather have a doc do it. Anyway, anybody that gets a job at mall stores gets to peirce *shudder*

newwiccan
10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Are you asking for your daughter? I know the tattoo shops where I live don't allow anyone under 18 for any reason.

stresseater
10-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Might I suggest you no have it done at home. DD thought she would peirce her cartlidge when she was 10 here is the end result....
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/stresseater/jessear013.jpg

mabby89
10-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Man thats bad.

JerseyMook
10-18-2008, 05:10 PM
My dad did it when I was about 13 - but he was a doctor and I know it was sterile.

dv8grl
10-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I never pierced my own ears, my friends did all the time with those disposable gun ones they sell @ Sally's.
I did pierce my own nose once, with a hella lot of ice and nerves of steal. LOL! I was 15. :burnout:

justme23
10-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I would never suggest ear piercings at a mall, especially if you are going through any cartlidge... but that's just me.

snaeger07
10-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I would never suggest ear piercings at a mall, especially if you are going through any cartlidge... but that's just me.
I agree.

I went with a friend to get hers done and I assume the training for ear peircing couldn't be all the hard considering she walked away with 1 crooked earring and 2 weeks later she took it out because she couldn't stand the pain. She didn't want to pay another 50.00 for 1 ear being pierced, she went to walmart and had a better experience therefore I agree it's all about WHO is the person peircing.

I went to walmart for ALL my ear piercings, I have 4 in all (both ears) and never had any problems.

justme23
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, I guess I should explain myself better. I would not recommend anyone go to any place other than a professional piercer who uses a clean needle every time.

I say this because... the guns they use at the mall/walmart are wiped w/ alcohol after every use but they are NOT put in a machine to sterilize them. Everyone bleeds when getting a piercing of any kind and those little guns just aren't sterile. Training is nice... but sterility means a whole lot more to me. I just wouldn't go anywhere they use a gun.

MistyWolf
10-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I always go to the Piercing Pagoda . . Claire's Boutique is expensive compared to the two.

Char
10-19-2008, 03:58 AM
We have a 'Piercing Pagoda' in one of the malls here, they've done about everyone I know (mine, the hubsters, the nephews, all my friends and sisters etc...). I think every big mall has a Piercing Pagoda... the piercing is free, but, the studs they do it with cost like $8.00. It's the thicker stud thing you turn daily until your holes are set (won't grow over).

Hey, I found this by googling them:

How many ears have been pierced at Piercing Pagoda?
Pagoda has 33 years and 28 million "ears of experience" having gently pierced over 20 million pairs of ears. All Piercing Pagoda Associates are thoroughly trained in ear piercing procedures.

Is the ear piercing system used by Piercing Pagoda safe?
Yes! The system is 100% safe. The earrings are sterilized and stored in capsules. All piercing earrings sold by Piercing Pagoda are either hypoallergenic or have nickel content that is less than half of 1% total, which significantly reduces the risk of allergic reaction.

:D Good luck !

MERE CHAT
10-19-2008, 08:16 AM
I have seven ear piercings done by myself 3 in each lobe done in the 70's and one in my upper left ear in the mid 80's. Never had a problem with any of them. In the 70's I also pierced some friends ears with a sterilized needle and thread and they had no problems either. The only people I knew who had it done by a doctor was my sister and a cousin and they nearly passed out. My daughters ear piercing years ago I had done at a mall kiosk, and she wound up with infection. Perhaps I should have done it myself?

galeane29
10-19-2008, 08:46 AM
I've got 3 piercings in each ear. I use to have one in the upper part of my ears, never got infected but it constantly hurt. After a year I said screw it and took them out. I had 4 of the piercings done at walmart years ago and the 3rd done in a tattoo parlor.

When I had my daughter's pierced at Walmart, they do not any longer use the same gun on everyone. Each kit has it's own gun. You can even buy the gun kit for $10.00 and do it yourself.

kidzpca
10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
We have a 'Piercing Pagoda' in one of the malls here, they've done about everyone I know (mine, the hubsters, the nephews, all my friends and sisters etc...). I think every big mall has a Piercing Pagoda... the piercing is free, but, the studs they do it with cost like $8.00. It's the thicker stud thing you turn daily until your holes are set (won't grow over).

Hey, I found this by googling them:

How many ears have been pierced at Piercing Pagoda?
Pagoda has 33 years and 28 million "ears of experience" having gently pierced over 20 million pairs of ears. All Piercing Pagoda Associates are thoroughly trained in ear piercing procedures.

Is the ear piercing system used by Piercing Pagoda safe?
Yes! The system is 100% safe. The earrings are sterilized and stored in capsules. All piercing earrings sold by Piercing Pagoda are either hypoallergenic or have nickel content that is less than half of 1% total, which significantly reduces the risk of allergic reaction.

:D Good luck !

Thanks....Son goes today....

cSoReNSoN
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I got my ears pierced (around Christmas) in 2003 at the mall. I watched the girl unwrap the piercing gun before it was used on my ears. She was precise and thorough with the entire process. I believe I was even given a mirror to check the position of the marks prior to the piercing. I hate needles, so it took me a long time to muster up the courage to go through with the ear piercing. I'm glad I did as it wasn't as bad at all.

Ms.LG
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Needle > Gun

Piercing needles are hollowed out. They cut out a little piece of flesh out as they go through, which is less traumatic to your body than a gun. Make sure your piercer uses a NEW needle whenever you get pierced, even if you were the last one to use that needle (they aren't as sharp after the first time and it's just sanitary to use a new one).

Guns just force a blunt object through. This can shatter cartilage and cause all sorts of trouble healing. Guns cannot thoroughly be cleaned, even in an autoclave. Not to mention, the people who pierce ears at Claire's and the like are trained on a Teddy bear and generally have no REAL piercing experience when handed the gun.

Cartilage shattered by gun:
http://www.uwec.edu/kin/majors/AT/aidil/...

Why Piercing Guns Should be Banned:
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/pie...

justme23
10-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Needle > Gun

Piercing needles are hollowed out. They cut out a little piece of flesh out as they go through, which is less traumatic to your body than a gun. Make sure your piercer uses a NEW needle whenever you get pierced, even if you were the last one to use that needle (they aren't as sharp after the first time and it's just sanitary to use a new one).

Guns just force a blunt object through. This can shatter cartilage and cause all sorts of trouble healing. Guns cannot thoroughly be cleaned, even in an autoclave. Not to mention, the people who pierce ears at Claire's and the like are trained on a Teddy bear and generally have no REAL piercing experience when handed the gun.

Cartilage shattered by gun:
http://www.uwec.edu/kin/majors/AT/aidil/...

Why Piercing Guns Should be Banned:
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/pie...

Thank you for saying this so much better than I obviously could.

Prunella
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I bought a disposable kit from the internet and did my own. Very easy and painless.

http://www.simplywhispersstore.com/earpiercing.html