PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a favorite bread type?

luvcub
10-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I just had the most wonderful piece of bread,it was a deep dark rye,with churned butter on it the butter also had honey in it,the neighbor made it,and it was so good.
I usally only eat wheat breads,but here are a few of my favorites,whats yours?

Wheat and berry
All dark ryes
I love cornbread with jalapinos
and home made yeast rolls.

atprm
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Pumpernickel bread is my favorite (must be from bakery without preservatives added)

or

for "sandwich" bread, Sara Lee Whole Grain White (the expensive stuff)

Kimberly61
10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
mmmm homemade yeast rolls....I need to make some of those lol

I am not a huge bread eater but I do love the homemade bread that I make for dinners like chili, soups, stew's.....the bread I make is honey oat, I either make it with whole wheat or white and I always add extra honey, sooooo good!

luvcub
10-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I have never made homemade bread,seems like alot of work,but remembering back in my younger years,my gran used to make bread,and when it would be baking in the oven,the scent was heavenly.
Pumpernickle bread-yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Airbuswife
10-16-2008, 09:28 PM
i LOOOOVE sweet breads! especially hawaiian and portugese.
Like you said, with honey butter, YUMMMM!! :)

My DH keeps bees, so we have LOTS of honey!

luvcub
10-16-2008, 09:30 PM
now I love a good banana bread,or pumpkin spice,have never had the Haw. or the Port.,have to try those.

katgirl3
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Italian bread from Amighetti's Bakery on Dego Hill in St. Louis. It's got the really tough crust. Yummy. Also like sourdough bread from Panera Bread Company. Don't care much for pumpernickel. But I do like corn bread. And my mom makes a killer banana bread. :)

Kimberly61
10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
oh forgot about banana bread! lol I love Banana nut bread or muffins.

I tried making bread and it didnt turn out but I got a bread machine and I LOVE IT and I even make banana bread in that too

MistyWolf
10-16-2008, 11:41 PM
I usually buy Swebel's a local baker or Roman Meal and always wheat or whole grain.

atprm
10-16-2008, 11:51 PM
i LOOOOVE sweet breads! especially hawaiian and portugese.
Like you said, with honey butter, YUMMMM!! :)

My DH keeps bees, so we have LOTS of honey!

challah is a sweet bread isn't it?

dinosmom
10-17-2008, 06:52 AM
I love all kinds of bread. I dont make it myself but some neighbors make really good homemade bread. I get this awesome honey butter at a farmers market. SO GOOD!

sheila_361
10-17-2008, 07:03 AM
True German Rye bread, yum yum