PDA

View Full Version : 'Brady Bunch' Star Reveals Dark Past (wow she is 52 years old!!)

atprm
10-14-2008, 09:02 AM
'Brady Bunch' Star Reveals Dark Past

McCormick Details Troubles In New Autobiography

POSTED: 6:52 am PDT October 14, 2008
UPDATED: 7:20 am PDT October 14, 2008

NEW YORK -- Maureen McCormick shatters her wholesome "Brady Bunch" image in her autobiography, where she writes about binging on cocaine, trading sex for drugs and battling depression.

McCormick, who played Marcia Brady on the classic sitcom, also writes about her romance with her television brother Barry Williams, and dating pop singer Michael Jackson and comedy actor Steve Martin.

The actress said that she dated Jackson when he was a member of The Jackson 5 and she was still on "The Brady Bunch."

She writes that about the biggest move he put on her was a "gentle peck on the cheek," and they held hands as they ice skated.

McCormick, 52, said that she started sobering up in 1985 and has continued to fight her depression with therapy and medication.

The actress has been married to actor Michael Cummings since 1985 and has one child.

The book, "Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice," hits stores Tuesday.

IthinkNOT!
10-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I can't believe she is that old. I always thought that she was my age. I guess because in the show she was always the age I was at the time. Of course I realize that I was watching reruns.