PDA

View Full Version : Search Perks - new rewards program

goodfaery2
10-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I just got this e-mail and signed up. It is ran by Microsoft Live Search, so you know that they will pay. As far as I can tell this is a separate program from the club.live game program. Any way you get 500 points for signing up and one point per search with a limit of 25 searches per day. This only took me about 10 minutes to do (I was also doing other things). You do have to use explorer and download a search bar, but it doesn't seem to be slowing anything down.

Prizes range in the 250 - 5500 point range. The program runs from now until April 15, 2009. It looks like the prizes won't be claimable until then, but I figure for as little time as it will take each day it will be worth the effort.

Here is the link and information in the e-mail invitation:

http://www.getsearchperks.com/Landing.aspx?CampaignId=perks

Earn FREE rewards for something you do every day —
search the Web!

We at Points.com would like to share with you an opportunity to
earn tickets towards Frequent Flyer Miles and other exciting prizes when you join SearchPerks! from Microsoft®.

• It's rewarding: Earn tickets toward exciting prizes for the Web
searches you do on properties powered by Live Search. Whether
it's on Live.com, MSN.com, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, or
Windows Live Messenger.

• It's easy: With one simple download, SearchPerks! counts your
searches automatically and awards valuable tickets for each one,
up to 25 a day.

• It's brought to you by Microsoft Live Search: So you know
you won't compromise quality while earning rewards.

Points.com is always looking for new and exciting ways for our
customers to earn more frequent flyer miles. To learn more about
other earning opportunities, sign in to your Points.com account now.

goodfaery2
10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Update: I started reading all the small print. It looks like three weeks after the promotion ends in April you will get an e-mail from Live Club Search. It looks like the tickets earned will then be deposited into your Live Search Club account. Maybe someone else can read this and see if I am interpreting it correctly. Anyway, I will take all the extra points I can get on Live Search Club if that is the case!