PDA

View Full Version : fruit salad recipes

Urban Cowgirl
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I want to make a fruit salad for my dd's class. Can you post your recipes? I was wondering about adding frozen blackberries and blueberries since I picked a bunch last summer. Also would you add fresh or canned pineapple?

If I add apples will they brown? How about kiwi?

TIA

sdb_ngc
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
This is one very easy way to use up whatever ripe fruit you have on hand. Just cut the fruits into bite sized pieces, mix together, and chill overnight so the flavors can “merge”. Try: bananas, strawberries, oranges, peaches, melon, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, etc. My nieces and nephews love it. I coat the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.

Urban Cowgirl
10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
This is one very easy way to use up whatever ripe fruit you have on hand. Just cut the fruits into bite sized pieces, mix together, and chill overnight so the flavors can “merge”. Try: bananas, strawberries, oranges, peaches, melon, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, etc. My nieces and nephews love it. I coat the apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.

do you think it will matter if the blueberries are frozen?

catdance
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
OK this might be scary, but it is good.
Take any fruits and they can be canned but drained, throughly.
Get some Cool Whip, and gently mix/fold the dried/drained fruits in, add in mini marshmellows and use some caramel (that is spelled wrong, but you get the idea) sauce at the very end of mixing, to taste.
You could add in coconut if you want.
It holds really well as long as your fruits are drained or dry..add in chunked apples or raisins, it all works.
It really sounds icky, but it is very good.
Plus it does have fruits so not so bad..try it you might like it, at my work they LOVE this..and I made this up, but I am sure there is a recipe for this somewhere...I call it, Caramel Fruit Salad..JT loves this, I think not so great, but appeals to "sweet teeth"..and kidlette's and Older adults...
Good luck!

teenap
10-09-2008, 03:33 AM
my mom uses the frozen berries all the time and no one knows the difference, just make sure they are thawed and drained out well

ttistin
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I heard that soaking your cut up apples in 7up works better then lemon juice, you don't taste the 7up but it keeps them nice looking.

sdb_ngc
10-09-2008, 08:26 AM
do you think it will matter if the blueberries are frozen?

No it doesn't matter.