PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go for a best friend?

belle5691
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Reading in another thread where April said she would kill for a bff.....makes me wonder how far and how many people would do things for a best friend?

(By the way, I feel like April did)

But would you do the simple things like---go to them if they were hurting emotionally and skip your childs birthday party?

Would you lie for them if they were going out and didnt want a spouse to know?

Would you hurt whoever hurt them?

Just think it would be interesting to know the extent people feel about best friends....and are you male/female...and is your best friend male or female?
Also, do you think your best friend would do the same for you?

(Mine would do some things--like cover for me, come if I was hurt, etc. But they wouldnt kill for me)

LitWtch
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I would help/assist my BFFs with just about anything as long as it was not a crime or morally unjust. I have two people that I am closest to - and whatever they ask, I try to acomodate. I do not lie to them, and they do not lie to me - even if hurt feelings should happen. That's how I know they are BFFs - because we are not afraid to be ourselves with each other.

speedygirl
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I would help them as much as I could but would not do anything that I found in opposition to my morals. I wouldn't want to cause any trouble for myself or her. I'd try to be a shoulder for her to cry on, be there emotionally and try to find a solution to her problem not create another one by rash behavior.

bears984
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I would do just about anything for my BFF and I know she would do anything for me as well.

gmyers
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
No I wouldn't lie for them or hurt someone that hurt them but I would help them in every way to get away from someone that was hurting them. I don't think I would ever kill someone unless they were in the act of trying to kill someone I love then I think I could. Or at least try to knock them out where they couldn't hurt the person anymore.

April78945
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I would do absolutly anything for my best friend and I know from experience that she would do anything for me. We've been together since we were 11 and are the only two people that know every single thing about each other. She recently had a really big medical emergency and I was the only one she called. Not her mom, not her sisters, me. Because she knew I would be there for her no matter what and I'd make everything ok. She has done the same for me in the past. Sometimes your soul mate comes in the form of a best friend and not a spouse. We believe whole heartedly that we are soul mates and would kill for each other without blinking an eye.

sunniekiss
10-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I would do for them what I would expect them to do for me...things that are legal. Once you cross over that boundry there is no going back.

Little "white lies" are one thing anything more would be asking too much. One of my bff's asked me to cover for her for what I "thought" was a little away time for herself. I later found out she went away with another man & I was upset with her for putting me in the position to lie for her. If I had known the truth I never in a million years.

sheila_361
10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I just have, I have taken mine and her 3 kids into our home, I got her out of an abusive situation, so until she can find a job and get on her feet Hal and I are helping her out by providing a free roof over thair heads and feeding them.

vicky122
10-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I would do almost anything. But if she was my best friend she would not put me in a spot to lie for her or help her cheat.

fleabones3
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I would do just about anything for my BFF and I know she would do anything for me as well.

Bears is my BFF.. we have been Best friends for over 11 yrs now. When I met my dh, I told him I came as a package deal, not only with kids, but a bff, and he had to accept both LOL. He calls her the inlaws now .
We tell each other EVERYTHING, and would do everything in our power to help each other. :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

buglebe
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I would do absolutly anything for my best friend and I know from experience that she would do anything for me. We've been together since we were 11 and are the only two people that know every single thing about each other. She recently had a really big medical emergency and I was the only one she called. Not her mom, not her sisters, me. Because she knew I would be there for her no matter what and I'd make everything ok. She has done the same for me in the past. Sometimes your soul mate comes in the form of a best friend and not a spouse. We believe whole heartedly that we are soul mates and

would kill for each other without blinking an eye.

April --That statement is scary!!

April78945
10-06-2008, 04:20 AM
April --That statement is scary!!

Sorry lol. Were not crazy Thelma and Loise people I swear. It would have to be something major, not like "That guy cut me off let's go kill him"

buglebe
10-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Sorry lol. Were not crazy Thelma and Loise people I swear. It would have to be something major, not like "That guy cut me off let's go kill him"

Good, I don't think I've done anything, but I'll come out of hiding now.

dv8grl
10-06-2008, 05:52 AM
I would make my BFF go on capers with me, capers that were seriously illegal. Capers that we never thought the consequences of and that I think back now was some of the stupidest craziest sh!t ever!
:bandit: :devil :shhh :naughty :canabis: :threaten
She knows I would do anything for her & that she can trust me with her life. And she would do the same for me. We've been BFF since the 2nd grade. 28yrs now.

dinosmom
10-06-2008, 05:54 AM
I would do anything for my BFF...except lie, steal or kill (unless it was a spider or something like that LOL).

fairydana
10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
well condsidering that my bff is my sister yep I would do whatever IT TAKES to protect her!