PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives

sunflowers
09-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Ok How many thought Mike was dead up until the last moment?

I like the jump ahead 5 yrs so far.

Wonder who Edies husband wants revenge on?

I think that it would have to be hard for Gabbys kids playing that part because over weight kids are picked on all the time, and then to go on TV where they are exploiting it!

justme23
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know... I wasn't all that in to it. I am used to literally being on the edge of my seat for DH, but this one didn't do it for me. I won't stop watching, though, I haven't missed an eppie since it started.

madie
09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I did like it - is this really the last season?????????

I was thinking (only speculation, of course) but could Edies husband be the husband/father of the woman and child that died in the accident???

I too was wondering if Mike was dead, then I thought that maybe he was a vegetable in a hospital somewhere until she saw him out the window and he waved that I thought for a fraction of a second that he WAS dead til he came to the door.

Should be fun to see how it all unravels

Brandya
09-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I thought Mike was dead too. Lynette put it to her hubby. Her kids are wild. Maybe he will help her make them behave now.

sunflowers
09-30-2008, 06:21 PM
I did like it - is this really the last season?????????

I was thinking (only speculation, of course) but could Edies husband be the husband/father of the woman and child that died in the accident???

I

I havent heard that yet???
That could be who he is after, makes sense

justme23
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I have never heard a thing about this being the last season but I do know that Eva is FURIOUS about how they are making her up... so I'm guessing she's either gonna turn out pretty again or she's going to die in some way.

sunflowers
10-01-2008, 05:04 AM
I have never heard a thing about this being the last season but I do know that Eva is FURIOUS about how they are making her up... so I'm guessing she's either gonna turn out pretty again or she's going to die in some way.
I think I heard it was in 4 episodes or ?, that they were having her return normal again going thru a change to get there....

justme23
10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Oh, I hadn't heard that... thanks!

sunflowers
11-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Spoiler for this week....highlight to see

Fire threatens 'Desperate Housewives'
Nov. 13, 2008, 12:07 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- It's mayhem on the set of ABC's "Desperate Housewives."

Most of the cast is attempting to flee a crowded nightclub that's slowly catching fire. Thick layers of smoke are quickly filling the room. Flickering flames are streaking up the walls. Pushy extras are hurrying to the nearest exit. And someone is still in the bathroom!

Much like the tornado that ravaged Wisteria Lane last season or the supermarket standoff the year before, the nightclub fire is the buzzed-about sweeps stunt that will engulf Sunday's episode. The blaze appears to have been started by this season's mysterious — and perhaps villainous — new neighbor Dave Williams, played by Neal McDonough.
Speculated someone is going to die????

pepperpot
11-14-2008, 06:44 AM
The parole officer/psychologist guy?

sunflowers
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Holy cow is it going to be Mike???

pepperpot
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
I called it....I think....Mike survived....

sunflowers
11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Hot, hot, hot: OK, so the "Desperate Housewives" nightclub fire couldn't help being creepily similar to the Great White nightclub fire in Rhode Island in 2003. But did the club actually have to be named the White Horse, sharing one of the two words in Great White's name?

That aside, the fire ended up serving as a surprisingly strong sweeps-month stunt, tying together some plotlines and developing others. At the heart of the episode: Dave's court-appointed psychiatrist, the one who specialized in criminal insanity, proved that he knew nothing at all about the criminal mind. Without any backup or police assistance, he tracked Dave to Fairview, confronted him, and blindly followed him into a backstage storage room just because Dave asked him to do so. Sorry, but this doc was just too dumb to deal with criminal masterminds, and Dave strangling him to death, then setting the club on fire to hide his crime, was no surprise to anyone but the dense doc himself.

Hot for teacher: Julie, Susan's amazingly normal daughter, returned to Fairview with a professor-turned-boyfriend. Susan was freaked out that her daughter's beau, Lloyd, was married three times (only one more than Susan herself, he pointed out). When Susan ruined his surprise proposal, however, she learned Julie was surprised by her man's intentions as her mother was. Julie told them both that she never plans to get married because she's seen what a mess her mother has made of it. Nice going, Susan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digging for scandal: A New York reporter, Sandra (played by the always-awesome Rachael Harris) came to town to interview Bree. Of course, everyone's favorite redhead tried to gloss up the perfection of her life, but the true facts (Orson's prison days, dead Rex's fondness for S&M) started to trickle out. In the end, Sandra confronted Bree about her fake perfection, and Bree responded with an eloquent speech about how all housewives, even her, are just barely holding it together. That angle touched the reporter, and Bree can breathe a little easier now.

Money for nothing: Yes, Virginia's false accusations got Carlos fired, but she apparently repented, got him rehired, and put the Solis family in her will -- as sole heirs. Gaby tried to go along with Virginia's whims with her eyes on that eventual prize, but when Virginia tried to dictate the school the Solis girls would attend, Mom Gaby finally said no. They're apparently out of the will, even though Gaby dragged Virginia out of the nightclub fire.

Having my baby: While it's not yet clear if Anne is really pregnant, apparently she wasn't lying about brutal husband Warren. When Lynette confronted Anne about the affair, Warren overheard. Lynette left, but felt guilty and went back to find Warren beating Anne brutally. She stopped the beating and got Anne to the hospital. But apparently Warren was never taken into custody, as he was free and clear at his nightclub hosting the Battle of the Bands that same night. A furious Porter confronted the man who beat his girlfriend, and after the fire, it was Porter that Warren accused of burning the club down.

sunflowers
11-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I called it....I think....Mike survived....

he has to he is the one he has to have revenge on...

Lild
11-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I wonder what the story there is with the revenge on Mike...
I can't believe Mike and Susan are done too....

sunflowers
11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I wonder what the story there is with the revenge on Mike...
I can't believe Mike and Susan are done too....

Mike was driving when he and Suzan were in a car accident and killed a mother and child(season ending last yr) Im betting he was the father/husband of them.

pepperpot
11-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Mike was driving when he and Suzan were in a car accident and killed a mother and child(season ending last yr) Im betting he was the father/husband of them.

Hmm....possibly......at the end, before it was made clear that it as Mike who was the draw....I thought perhaps it was Carlos...as he wouldn't recognize his face being that he is now blind......:shrug....but apparently not.....

madie
11-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I was actually thinking it had to do with when Mike was in jail being that Dave had a court appointed dr. and obviously must have some kind of criminal record. Wasn't Mike in jail for murder - heck, weren't they all -lol.

Jackie_Blu
11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Holy cow is it going to be Mike???

Most definitely:( I have it all figured out;)

Shann
11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Dave wants revenge on Mike b/c Mike killed his brother while in jail

sunflowers
11-17-2008, 06:49 PM

did you read this somewhere or are you guessing??

sunflowers
11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
If it is true that makes about 4 people Mike has killed..

swan0002
11-17-2008, 07:20 PM

This is a fact that they referenced in one of the last few episodes. I caught it too!

Also: remember dave went back into the bar to save Mike this week? When he carried Mike out, he said something like "i'm not ready for you yet" OR "I'm not finished with you yet" Something like that

Shann
11-17-2008, 09:19 PM
did you read this somewhere or are you guessing??

they said it like three eps ago

This is a fact that they referenced in one of the last few episodes. I caught it too!

Also: remember dave went back into the bar to save Mike this week? When he carried Mike out, he said something like "i'm not ready for you yet" OR "I'm not finished with you yet" Something like that

:yeah he said "I'm not done w/ you yet" I believe.

swan0002
11-17-2008, 09:33 PM
they said it like three eps ago

:yeah he said "I'm not done w/ you yet" I believe.

Yes, that was it!! lol thanks

MsFit
11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
it's getting so juicy!
lol I'm addicted to this show.
too bad it's not coming out this Sunday because
of the awards i think it is

Brandya
11-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Poor Lynette. I cant believe that lady is pregnant.

sunflowers
11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Or is she???

justme23
11-23-2008, 05:08 PM
I think she could have been. But... I think she probably will lose it after the beating she took.

madie
11-24-2008, 01:57 PM
I think she could have been. But... I think she probably will lose it after the beating she took.

And if so, will she admit it or use this as a means to run away with him anyway???

justme23
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I don't know. Would the threat of jail time be enough to stop her?

sunflowers
12-08-2008, 07:20 AM

Or is she???

Originally Posted by Shann

I got it right this time on both accounts...LOL

pepperpot
12-08-2008, 07:59 AM
;)......nothing until January now.....

sunflowers
12-08-2008, 08:08 AM
;)......nothing until January now.....

Just when it was gettin really good!

Wonder if Mike and Susan will get back together by season end? Or will Dave see to it something happens????

Lild
12-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I think Dave wants to kill Susan and the baby before he kills Mike

madie
12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I had almost thought that Lynette would go to the bank for the money with Edies gun in her purse and get into a new set of trouble - anyone else???

I had heard rumored that this might be their last season - anyone else hear this or know anything about it?????? I sure hope not!

sunflowers
12-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I had almost thought that Lynette would go to the bank for the money with Edies gun in her purse and get into a new set of trouble - anyone else???

I had heard rumored that this might be their last season - anyone else hear this or know anything about it?????? I sure hope not!

On February 20, 2007, Variety Magazine revealed that Marc Cherry and the ABC Studios had signed “an eight-figure overall pact”, ensuring Cherry’s commitment to the show until May 2011, the end of the series’ projected seventh season. In addition, the studio has negotiated deals with “all key members of the cast” to stay on the show until then. While Cherry said that he would like the show to come to an end at that point, ABC Studio’s Mark Pedowitz stated that “We'll cross that bridge when we come to it”.

Marc Cherry also said that it will be probable that the story will return back to the time when Mary Alice was alive, and this is supposed to be in the seventh season (last season).[33]

The series was renewed for a fifth season on February 11, 2008.[34]

sunflowers
02-12-2009, 05:36 AM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- ABC says Nicollette Sheridan is leaving "Desperate Housewives."

The 45-year-old Sheridan plays vamp Edie Britt on the comedy-drama about domestic life on Wisteria Lane. The network did not say Wednesday when Sheridan's role would end.

Her departure was first made public by TV Guide magazine.

A call to Sheridan's publicist was not immediately returned.

"Desperate Housewives," a top 20 show and one of ABC's most successful series, stars Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria Parker.

suzski
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Hmmm....sounds like Dave is going to be successful at knocking someone off on/before/after the little camping trip he has planned.

As for Susan and Mike, it doesn't look like the are going to end up back together either.

sunflowers
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
March sweeps spoiler

Edie is going to die in a car crash , after she finds out about Dave and what he has been up to. But did she tell anyone his secret in time?
Thats the big question!

Susan is going to have a lesbian encounter

Bree will have marital problems
Gabby learns secrets about Carlos's boss

Lild
02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I heard that Susan and Gabby are suppose to kiss...
I was really hoping that Edie would go out with a bang, car crash it too original

sunflowers
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I heard that Susan and Gabby are suppose to kiss...
I was really hoping that Edie would go out with a bang, car crash it too original

said someone from her work???

sunflowers
03-15-2009, 06:44 PM
This is what I see happening..Nicolette will somehow take the place of Mikes girlfriend maybe in her car and thats how she is gonna be killed off.Dave is going to get his revenge but on the wrong person.

sunflowers
11-18-2009, 05:12 PM
A Dec plane crash is going to claim the lives of 3 characters...
1 minor
1 central
1 major(who has been there since season 1)

rumors are Carlos or Karl???

pepperpot
11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I think Karl is more expendable than Carlos....

If it's a plane crash.....unless it's into the neighborhood...who would be on board together?

Karl is an attorney.....so could Susan's daughter be one? or the new people?(forgot their names - son & father)

sunflowers
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I think a plane crashes into a house..not sure though

Kelsey1224
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
A Dec plane crash is going to claim the lives of 3 characters...
1 minor
1 central
1 major(who has been there since season 1)

rumors are Carlos or Karl???

Please may it be Karl.

sunflowers
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
When Desperate Housewives jumped five years into the future last season, all the women held up remarkably well. In fact, some (Marcia Cross, I’m talking about you) look even younger this year. But they’ll be no escaping Father Time when the ABC series jumps 10, 20, as much as even 40 years into the future in early January to reveal what the women may have looked like had their lives gone in different directions.

Teri Hatcher’s character, Susan Mayer, is the most transformed, according to Eva Longoria Parker. “Teri was on set the other day getting fitted for her fat suit,” Eva told me at a party honoring her as The Hollywood Reporter’s Philanthropist of the Year. Eva, who is the youngest of the housewives, will be aged the most. “I’m so excited,” she said. “They’re going to use prosthetics and everything.”

Co-star Dana Delany is sad to be missing out on the transformation celebration, as her character, crazy Katherine Mayfair, will be locked up in the loony bin during the episode. But Dana got a sneak peek at Eva’s silver streaked wig and predicts Gaby’s going to make one hot older mama!

whatever
11-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Please may it be Karl.

who is Karl? I can't place him???

whatever
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Forgot to add what do you think of the thing with Nets pregnancy and Carlos trying to get rid her that way?
Granted I think she should have told them and they have every right to be mad. But to pretty much fire her when she's pregnant......Cruel.

sunflowers
11-25-2009, 12:48 PM
The one Bre is having the affair w/
and Susan's ex

sunflowers
11-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Orson confirmed to ET he is not not the one dying??
Who knows for sure though???

Rumors are that is maybe as many as 5 people now...

pepperpot
11-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking Karl & Katherine...... The 'hiding' housewife as well and her family.....:agree

sunflowers
11-30-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking Karl & Katherine...... The 'hiding' housewife as well and her family.....:agree

some think Katherine will be in Hosp. because she stabbed herself so it wont be her???

sunflowers
12-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Ok so I think the nurse is dead, the pilot is dead...thats 2
now that leaves probably Carl and then 1 or 2 nobodies

I think Lynette who saved Gabbies daughter will probably lose the twins, get her job back... and they will do anything for her.....

Bre or Orson will end up w/ amensa and not remember they were divorsing and get back together...

cathych
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
i just read online that Karl is one of the people who died, and someone suffers a terrible loss saving someone else. Orson is paralyzed. And the airplane pilot is dead too. Mona Clark is also supposed to die. Also the attacker is supposed to die, with evidence that "he did it" to come out after. There is no show next week, and the next show is supposed to have the women in the future, where Juanita is supposed to be gay, and Bree will be fantasizing about what life would be like if she did not have to take care of Orson.

sunflowers
12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
i just read online that Karl is one of the people who died, and someone suffers a terrible loss saving someone else. Orson is paralyzed. And the airplane pilot is dead too. Mona Clark is also supposed to die. Also the attacker is supposed to die, with evidence that "he did it" to come out after. There is no show next week, and the next show is supposed to have the women in the future, where Juanita is supposed to be gay, and Bree will be fantasizing about what life would be like if she did not have to take care of Orson.

Lynette losing the twins saving Juanita???

swoose
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I read that Lynette will lose one of the twins.

cathych
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
yes, that is what I read; that she will lose one. And the survivor will have special needs.

sunflowers
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Great if its not on this week and then on the next thats Survivor finale night....:O(

madie
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Great if its not on this week and then on the next thats Survivor finale night....:O(

NOOOO - I hate when they do that!

Last time they did that, didn't they just start in the future when they returned??? (giving the quick overview and then starting the 5 years in the future)

sunflowers
12-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Returns this week...Glad it wan't last night....

All the Ladies age except Susan, who goes back in time...The TV guide says Lynette dreams what it would be like to have a child w/ needs so maybe she didnt harm one of the babies???But still lost the other???

sunflowers
01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
On right now!!!

So Carl is #1
Nurse #2
Lynette's baby #3

sunflowers
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Did I miss something last week...where is Katherine?? She hasnt been on now for 2 weeks...

suzski
01-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Did I miss something last week...where is Katherine?? She hasnt been on now for 2 weeks...

Her daughter, Dylan, had her committed. Susan calls her after she claims Mike was the one who stabbed her (she stabbed herself), and Susan realizes she's crazy.

Since Dana Delaney's name is still showing up in credits, and next week's teaser talks about someone unexpected returning to Wisteria Lane, I bet she'll be back.

pepperpot
01-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Also the attacker is supposed to die, with evidence that "he did it" to come out after.
Did this happen? I think I missed part of last week.

Also, what happened to the family in 'hiding'?

sunflowers
01-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Did this happen? I think I missed part of last week.

Also, what happened to the family in 'hiding'?

I didnt see it???

they were on last week(she was) and the son was on yesterday

suzski
01-11-2010, 08:16 AM
The family in hiding is 'safe' for now as Mona, the one who knew the truth about them, is dead.

sunflowers
03-09-2010, 05:33 PM
spoiler:

leaving the show....

Angie

so that leaves us to wonder will they take her husband and son off too?

Katherine's character is in question too...

justme23
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Well hopefully they'll reveal the mystery of her before they get rid of her.

pepperpot
03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Between the Oscars, the Olympics and everything else....I feel like I haven't seen it in forever....I also miss brothers & sisters. :mad:

madie
03-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Well hopefully they'll reveal the mystery of her before they get rid of her.

It seems to me that they have revealed that 'she' was the one that did whatever crime was committed??? So I could see them being able to keep the husband and son.

justme23
03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, I am well aware that they have revealed she's the "guilty" party... but they've yet to reveal what she's guilty of. I believe they have hinted at it since she is pretty fanatical about recycling and the environment.

Pepper... have you been missing episodes? It's only been one weekend since it was on last and it was on several times during the olympics if I remember correctly.

BeanieLuvR
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I never liked Angie and will not be in the least sad to see her go. I will miss Katherine if she goes. I've loved Dana Delany since China Beach.

cathych
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Did you know that Dana Delaney was originally picked to be Carrie Bradshaw, and she turned down that role? Not the smartest career move, I'd say.

pepperpot
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, I am well aware that they have revealed she's the "guilty" party... but they've yet to reveal what she's guilty of. I believe they have hinted at it since she is pretty fanatical about recycling and the environment.

Pepper... have you been missing episodes? It's only been one weekend since it was on last and it was on several times during the olympics if I remember correctly.
I think I have. damn

justme23
03-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Did you know that Dana Delaney was originally picked to be Carrie Bradshaw, and she turned down that role? Not the smartest career move, I'd say.

Nah... it was good all around. SATC would not have gone as far w/out the Carrie we have now. Dana has a totally different style of acting and her style would never have fit IMO.

sunflowers
03-11-2010, 05:10 AM
I never liked Angie and will not be in the least sad to see her go. I will miss Katherine if she goes. I've loved Dana Delany since China Beach.

It said something about Katherine going to another show and if that didnt work out, then she would be back...so they will probably leave her exit open...

Anniston
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Delaney was up for the role of Carrie? Oh, my. I don't see her in that role for a second. I could see her as Miranda, and possibly Charlotte, but never in a million years as Carrie.

cathych
03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
she had just made that bomb of a movie with Rosie Odonnell, (what was the name of it???, totally forgettable) now I remember, it was Exit to Eden, and she did not want to be in another "sex" show. Bet she has kicked herself over that one. What kind of role is she playing on desperate housewives? A horny housewife having an affair with a woman. Go figure.

justme23
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I still don't think she's kicking herself, personally. She could never have pulled Carrie off. It's not the role, it's the style of acting. Carrie is pretty sassy and in a lot of ways, fairly juvenile. Delaney is more mature and a lot more classy. She would have made a fantastic Charlotte. Her acting style matches that characters perfectly.

That being said. I just saw her in a commercial for Castle (who happens to star her ex husband from Desperate Housewives). We'll have to see how it goes. I didn't particularly enjoy them together on DH, but maybe they'll be good together on Castle (which has been picked up for a 3rd season if anyone is wondering... yay!).

Dana Delany turned down the lead role in the iconic HBO series Sex and the City.

The actress, who plays Katherine Mayfair on ABC’s Emmy-winning dramedy Desperate Housewives, says she was offered the part of “Carrie Bradshaw” on the hit TV series, but turned down the role made famous by Sarah Jessica Parker because she had just starred in kinky 1994 movie Exit to Eden was “tired of taking about sex.”

“The producer of Sex and the City, Darren Star, was an old friend of mine and he talked to me about it. But I had just played Mistress Lisa in Eden and people reacted badly to it,” she explains.

“I had been America’s sweetheart and they (the public) just didn’t want to see me in that role. So I said, ‘Darren, I just can’t talk about sex one more time’. So Sarah Jessica Parker made it her own.”

Nonetheless, Dana says she’s glad she turned down the role because she doubts SATC would have been as successful without SJP.

“I wouldn’t have been the fashion icon that she was. It would have been a completely different show and who knows if it would have been a hit?”

BeanieLuvR
03-18-2010, 10:32 PM
That is great news! My kids and I love Castle. :)