PDA

View Full Version : How to make a Dammit Doll

Lingerie
04-08-2001, 01:40 PM
http://www.huskins.com/strega/dammit.html Alex has added a new Craft forum. I thought this post would be GREAT in there. Jayd

[Edited by BigBigAdmin on 04-08-2001 at 07:54 PM]

autreah
04-08-2001, 01:51 PM
This is almost as good as the Mother-In-Law doll that has the head, arms and legs velcroed on! What a great gift for someone who has everything!

debster
04-08-2001, 01:54 PM
That is darling!! Thanks alot

sunpuppy
04-08-2001, 02:46 PM
Thanks!

real dixie
04-08-2001, 03:58 PM
My mother made us one a long long time ago. Except she put little dresses on the doll. I still have mine hanging on the wall even though she is getting a little shabby lol They are cute!

FireFox1973
04-08-2001, 04:32 PM
That is too cute. Anyone have the instructions for the mother in law doll?

PrincessArky
04-10-2001, 04:41 AM
Thanx for posting this....could use one in several rooms of the house lol

Donnac36
04-24-2001, 04:25 PM
I sent a friendly e-mail to the site that has the directions posted for the dammit doll. The owner of the site has been sending me very rude and harrassing e-mails on a daily basis. She tells me "go away, and I mean it".
She has threatened me and has reported me to her ISP and my ISP as well. All because I sent her a friendly e-mail.
DO NOT VISIT HER SITE.

ladybugva
04-24-2001, 07:46 PM
That's crappy of her. If I may ask... what did you e-mail her about that made her so mad?

Donnac36
04-24-2001, 08:02 PM
I think she is one card short of a full deck. I just sent her a friendly e-mail about the dammit doll poem. If she doesnt want people e-mailing her then she should not have her e-mail address on the website.

ladybugva
04-24-2001, 08:43 PM
sounds like it. I agree that if she didn't want coments she shouldn't have put her e-mail or at least used an alternate one like most people do.

jademyst13
05-20-2001, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to bump this up because it is very cute. As for the person running that website I don't know what their problem is but they need to get over it!

kama5207
05-27-2001, 06:37 AM
don't be so quick to assume that lady is nutz. i had a similar experience about 6 months ago. i sent one e-mail, just one, to this company asking for a sample of their product. about a week later i get an e-mail from the owner asking me to please stop stuffing his box with my hundreds of e-mails asking for the same thing. he threatened all sorts of mean things if i didn't stop. there must have been some sort of glitch.i e-mailed him back and told him i didn't have any idea what was going on...yada,yada,yada... finally realized the fault wasn't mine then he apologized for being rude and sent me a cute letter opener.
maybe you should e-mail her and ask why she is being so rude. maybe the same thing happened to her and she thinks you're trying to harass her.

3eagles
05-30-2001, 01:36 AM
I got forbidden page too & I wanted to see if it was made like my doll!!!

theresab1957
05-30-2001, 10:59 AM
How to make a Dammit Doll

What you need:
Scraps of Material
Stuffing--polyester or cotton
Old buttons for eyes and belly button
Yarn for hair
Paper to make a pattern

Make a pattern by folding the paper in half and cutting out a shape of somewhat like a ginger bread man. I copied the shape from a small cookie cutter that I had. It was easier to draw the shape first and then cut it out. I found a nice fat shape looks better than a thin one.

After you have your pattern, use it to cut out two identical shapes. If you like, use pinking shears to make a ragged edge. On one side, sew on buttons for eyes and belly button. Using some yarn, attach the hair at the top. I added a mouth to mine by using a cross-stitch pattern that my sewing machine does.

Now, put wrong sides together and stitch around the edge, leaving an opening to add the stuffing. Add stuffing,(don't over stuff it)and finish sewing up the opening.

Write the following poem on a piece of paper and attach it around his neck:

Whenever things don't go so well...
And you want to hit the wall and yell...
Here's a little dammit doll
That you can't do without.
Just grasp it firmly by the legs
And find a place to slam it
And as you whack the stuffing out
Yell, "DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!"

Hope this helps!