PDA

View Full Version : Another sicko kills his girlfriend's child

PrincessArky
09-24-2008, 08:45 AM
He remembers putting out a fire, but doesn't remember dousing a little boy with gasoline and lighting the match. That's just part of Terrance Carter's testimony. He's on trial for killing his ex-girlfriend's son. He told jurors he only remembers bits and pieces of that day. It was July 1, 2006.

When Carter was shown a picture of Corinthian Houston, 5, his attorney asked him point blank if he killed the child. Carter said "not consciously." When he was shown a picture of the crime scene, Carter wouldn't look at it. When his attorney asked "why", he said "because this wasn't supposed to happen."

Carter kept repeating the phrase "this isn't reality" over and over again inside the Coushatta courtroom. He said reality is not being angry at a female and taking it out on her child. But that's exactly what prosecutors say happened. They say Carter was upset because his ex-girlfriend had broken up with him. So to get revenge, they say he kidnapped her 5-year old son, took him to a vacant house in Coushatta, tied him up with extension cords, doused him in gasoline and set him on fire. Police testified Carter confessed to the crime shortly after his arrest, but Tuesday on the stand, Carter said police were lying. He said they were making the whole thing up because this was high-profile case. At one point during his testimony, Carter yelled "a life had been taken away in a brutal way. I'm sorry to everyone. There's no explanation I can give."

During today's preceedings, prosecutors played a taped phone conversation between police and Carter. The officer kept asking him if had the child. Carter denied it several times, but in the background of that call, you could hear a little boy yelling for help.
Carter did testify he slipped some pills in the child's kool-aid and the child had fallen asleep, but medical reports and autopsy results showed no drugs in the child's blood. Carter said those findings were false.

Carter has pleaded not guilty and not guilty by reason of insanity. Prosecutors are seeking the death penatly.

http://www.ktbs.com/

Mom2-3boys
09-24-2008, 09:20 AM
You know it really is a crying shame that the mother shouldn't be allowed to do the same exact thing to this S.O.B.!!

April78945
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Sick

gmyers
09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
It wasn't supposed to happen. What did he think would happen when he put gas on the child and lit the match. Good grief you're mad at the girlfriend so you set a little boy on fire. If I was the mom I'd want them to set him free so I could get ahold of him. That poor little boy.