PDA

View Full Version : When will I learn to NOT shop Wal-Mart???

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I made 2 different walmart trips to to different walmart stores this past weekend and both times I all but had to put my foot up someone's rear to get them to NOT give me plastic bags as I had my green bags in my hand setting on the bag spinner thing. Are they just so darn lazy they don't want to take the extra couple of minutes to check me out??? Heck one of my bags was one that walmart gave me a while back. On the first trip I had to tell the women 3 times, pull my stuff out of the plastic bags and repack, loudly say to my mom that this lady was pissing me off, and then finally put my hand down so she couldn't spin the bags around and tell her NO PLASTIC BAGS I HAVE GREEN BAGS THANK YOU in order to get my point across. Shouldn't it be easier to use my green bags??

thanx for listening

Lild
09-22-2008, 08:09 AM
you would think so...
Kudos for using Green bags!!

iluvmybaby
09-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I made 2 different walmart trips to to different walmart stores this past weekend and both times I all but had to put my foot up someone's rear to get them to NOT give me plastic bags as I had my green bags in my hand setting on the bag spinner thing. Are they just so darn lazy they don't want to take the extra couple of minutes to check me out??? Heck one of my bags was one that walmart gave me a while back. On the first trip I had to tell the women 3 times, pull my stuff out of the plastic bags and repack, loudly say to my mom that this lady was pissing me off, and then finally put my hand down so she couldn't spin the bags around and tell her NO PLASTIC BAGS I HAVE GREEN BAGS THANK YOU in order to get my point across. Shouldn't it be easier to use my green bags??

thanx for listening

They charge you at random for those plastic bags too

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 08:17 AM

really??? I had never heard that before

April78945
09-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Some people just don't listen. Drives me crazy. I have the canvas bags that I bought AT the grocery store and they still bag my stuff and then look at me like I am nuts when I ask them what the hell did I give them the canvas bags for, my health?
Customer service has gone way downhill. You would think with the economy being the way it is, people would be happy to have ajob and try to keep it. I know I would.

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Hey just got off the phone with walmart corp and I found this little bit of info. They are not allowed to pack the stuff if we have our own bags because of a liabilities issue. I told the lady on the phone I wasn't even trying to get them to bag them for me I was just trying to get them to hand the stuff over so we could bag them ourselves. She said they encourage them to let customers use green bags and bag their own stuff so she wasn't too happy to hear about my problem. She is forwarding the complaints to the 2 different stores (managers) so I guess I will get a call back.......who knows maybe they will ban me from the stores for life lol Either way I just hope that they will teach checkers to encourage those of us wanting to help the planet a bit

April78945
09-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I think I'm banned from the Plymouth one. not sure. I got into a little thing with a cashier about a baby swing. The sticker said it was $49.99 but when she rang it up it came up at $89.99 and she was a wicked b1tch to me. I called corporate and they told me to go to Target LMAO
I did. and got a better swing.

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I think I'm banned from the Plymouth one. not sure. I got into a little thing with a cashier about a baby swing. The sticker said it was $49.99 but when she rang it up it came up at $89.99 and she was a wicked b1tch to me. I called corporate and they told me to go to Target LMAO

OMG isnt that terrible. I would love for Target to come here but at the moment I don't think so. I live in a small area so when I want to go to Target I have to drive 50 miles. I can tell ya one thing though when I drive that far I dont even thing about going to walmart lol

galeane29
09-22-2008, 08:48 AM
What kind of liability? That is insane.

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
What kind of liability? That is insane.

I think WalMart and insane go hand in hand lol

baragabrat
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Because of truth in advertsing they have to give you the item for the stickered price. What on earth did you say to corporate that would make them tell you to go to Target, April? LOL!

BTW, PrincessArky, good luck getting any phone calls from your local store. I went through Planetfeedback awhile ago about the fact that there are no hooks in the ladies room stalls for our purses. I got an apology from corportate, have yet to either hear from the store or see any changes made.

I really dislike Walmart but occasionally a price can make a difference in my pocketbook. As far as groceries are concerned, I shop Meijer 99.999999% of the time only picking up an odd item here and there at Walmart. It's not worth it to bother with Walmart. I cannot remember when the last time I had any kind of exceptional customer service at Walmart...unlike Meijer, where I receive exceptional customer service on a regular basis.

PrincessArky
09-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Because of truth in advertsing they have to give you the item for the stickered price. What on earth did you say to corporate that would make them tell you to go to Target, April? LOL!

BTW, PrincessArky, good luck getting any phone calls from your local store. I went through Planetfeedback awhile ago about the fact that there are no hooks in the ladies room stalls for our purses. I got an apology from corportate, have yet to either hear from the store or see any changes made.

I really dislike Walmart but occasionally a price can make a difference in my pocketbook. As far as groceries are concerned, I shop Meijer 99.999999% of the time only picking up an odd item here and there at Walmart. It's not worth it to bother with Walmart. I cannot remember when the last time I had any kind of exceptional customer service at Walmart...unlike Meijer, where I receive exceptional customer service on a regular basis.

I have gotten local calls back before BUT our store has a new manager so we shall see if she is as good as the other guy before her lol

I wish we had another option when it comes to grocery shopping locally. You either go to walmart and get something for a $1 or go to harvest foods spend $4 just to find out it is expired when you get home and unpack :(

galeane29
09-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I think WalMart and insane go hand in hand lol

LOL that is so true

dinosmom
09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
We only have 1 Walmart in the city and they are pretty good. I think they want to expand more into the city limits and they want to keep us happy so we will DEMAND more. Never had any problems with anything there. If you have any issues they are always quick to fix. The manager is awesome. Our Targets are the WORST!!!! They just dont give a darn!

DBackFan
09-22-2008, 09:18 AM
We only have 1 Walmart in the city and they are pretty good. I think they want to expand more into the city limits and they want to keep us happy so we will DEMAND more. Never had any problems with anything there. If you have any issues they are always quick to fix. The manager is awesome.

Same here. I live in a small town so Wal Mart is about your only big store option but they still treat everyone really good. Heck its where we go to see everyone you know around here..lol

Unicornmom77
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
They charge you at random for those plastic bags too :rofl:

No they do not, I was a cashier their and we never did any kind of charges for anything.

If you were joking... sorry, but this is just not a fact.

CLARKS4
09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Same here. I live in a small town so Wal Mart is about your only big store option but they still treat everyone really good. Heck its where we go to see everyone you know around here..lol

Same here! We are a small town and Walmart is it unless you wanna pay alot for your groceries. We also meet up with everybody we know there. LOL

starduster31
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
i know what you mean about WalMart being the only one in town, my sil loves nutter butter peanut butter cookies, and at our local grocery store they are $4.98 for a bag !! at WalMart they are $2.50. i cannot afford to eat if i have to shop our local grocery, it is just so outrageously expensive.

Shann
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I've never had issues using my own bags there they've even loaded them up. I just let the cashier know I have my own with no problems. That really sucks for you.

fleabones3
09-22-2008, 03:08 PM
A target around here is 1 1/2 hrs away. as far as grocery stores around here, we have Homeland ( Over priced way bad) or Goodners ( the owner is a cheapskate and rip off) or walmart. I go to walmart cuz its cheaper, and i can get dog food and stuff. I have never had a problem or rudeness at mine

Urban Cowgirl
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM

WHAT???

buglebe
09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't like shopping at Walmart for so many reasons but they are so much cheaper I feel like I have to for groceries.

meltodd69
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't understand why they would pack your stuff in those cheap a&@ plastic bags and not in canvas. I've never had the canvas one rip putting it into the car. Makes no sense to me.
I would probably get fired if I worked there. That is one rule that needs challenged.
Maybe we should all let the media and the enviromentalists know about this rule of theirs. I can see the headlines now "Walmart says No to the Planet" lol.

April78945
09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Lmao

PrincessArky
09-23-2008, 06:31 AM
well I got a call back and of course it happened while I had my 5 minute shower (didnt get one the day before LOL) Steve talked with our local manager and he explained that our problem was NOT that they wouldn't pack the green bags but rather they ignored our telling them several times that we didn't want plastic while we unpacked their plastic bags and repacked our green bag. She said she really didn't care what the policy was about not packing them AND she was going to have a cashiers meeting and tell them all that if people come in with green bags not only to not use plastic but to pack the green bags as well. woohoo gotta love some of the managers once in a while lol Now lets see if it makes a difference in the cashiers lol

ahippiechic
09-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Of the 3 Walmarts closest to me, I hardly ever have a problem with them packing the green bags; every now and then I'll get one who says she can't pack them, but I've never had one ignore me when I told her we were using them. Hope you don't have that problem again.

We buy most everything at Walmart. They're cheaper, I don't have problems with them taking printed coupons etc. CS is usually good. The only thing I really have a problem with is when I order online - site to store. There isn't anyone back there usually and sometimes it takes getting a couple of them to try to do it before they get it right. They should train more people to do that.

PrincessArky
09-23-2008, 06:55 AM
The only thing I really have a problem with is when I order online - site to store. There isn't anyone back there usually and sometimes it takes getting a couple of them to try to do it before they get it right. They should train more people to do that.

the only ones that do our site to store are CSMs and I don't think they do it often cause every time they do seems like they are relearning lol

ahippiechic
09-23-2008, 07:02 AM
the only ones that do our site to store are CSMs and I don't think they do it often cause every time they do seems like they are relearning lol

The last time I did it, some guy who worked in the shoe dept figured it out fast, lol! Then he was showing the CSM how to do it. :D

justme23
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM

GOOD! I'll be glad when they completely ban those suckers!

Although, it may be just by location (city laws) where they charge. They definitely do not charge (random or otherwise) around here. I've just started collecting the canvas bags, so I still end up w/ a few plastic bags... but I save them and hubby uses them to go back and forth w/ his lunch.

brandywill
09-24-2008, 03:45 AM
That is so funny that you vented about this...I have the same problem at both the Wal-Marts near my house. It seems like you need a flashing neon sign to get it into the cashier's head...that makes me crazy too

PrincessArky
09-24-2008, 04:27 AM
That is so funny that you vented about this...I have the same problem at both the Wal-Marts near my house. It seems like you need a flashing neon sign to get it into the cashier's head...that makes me crazy too

isnt that so silly they just want to be like that You know what I had to run to walmart yesterday and of course I had my bags and I had NO problems with the Hispanic cashier filling my bags so I think maybe I will just stay away from my fellow whites lol

ilikefree
09-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Not sticking up for the cashier in any way, but maybe she kept putting your things in the plastic bags out of habit. I mean, she does this every day, all day long and it becomes habit to automatically put them in the bags. BUT, it shouldn't have taken your telling her over and over to get it right!

kidzpca
09-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Hardings Market has gone to paper and doesn't use plastic bags anymore

BTW they will give a 5cent per greenbag discount to your bill too.

atprm
09-24-2008, 09:44 AM
except for occassional misc stuff (not food or clothes), I refuse to shop at Walmart for their policies, their made-in-china crap and the fact that they are NON UNION.

if we only had 2 stores -- Whole Foods or Walmart...I would STILL find a way to shop at whole foods -- it would be a huge sacrifice in a different part of our budget, but at least I would have the satisfaction of knowing we weren't getting crap from China.