PDA

View Full Version : The opposite of sex???

IthinkNOT!
09-20-2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26159311/

By Brian Alexander
MSNBC contributor
updated 8:50 a.m. ET, Wed., Aug. 13, 2008

Brian Alexander

If you already worry about the way your teenager can swing wildly from one viewpoint to another, you probably don't want to hear this.

“Kids can believe in abstinence, but also intend to have sex,” said N. Tatiana Masters, a social scientist at the University of Washington and author of a new study on teens' contradictory attitudes about abstinence and sex.

The research, published in the current issue of Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, shows that adolescents and teens often hold seemingly irreconcilable ideas about having sex, confounding the abstinence-only sex education message supported by over a billion dollars of federal funding.

The finding adds to a growing body of evidence eroding confidence in abstinence-only sex education.

For more click on the link above.

janelle
09-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it's probably all silly to try to teach teens anything. Let the parents handle it since teen will do what they want to do. And I am serious. Why waste all the money on sex ed? Does any of it do any good?

Teens who are determined to have sex will do it and those who want to wait will do it. No programs, etc will stop it.

ahippiechic
09-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes but some parents don't tell their children anything about sex, STD's etc. If they are going to be out there doing it, then they should have ALL the information before making that choice. And even tho I'll teach my DD to wait for sex, I don't want her to be ignorant about things if she does start having sex. (and taught my son this too) It never hurts to have it reinforced by the school. You child can opt out if you choose, but I think the sex ed classes do a lot of good.

YNKYH8R
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it's probably all silly to try to teach teens anything. Let the parents handle it since teen will do what they want to do. And I am serious. Why waste all the money on sex ed? Does any of it do any good?
Teens who are determined to have sex will do it and those who want to wait will do it. No programs, etc will stop it.Yes it does. Sex-ed is NOT designed to prevent kids from having sex. It never has been. Sex is a personal choice issue. You CANNOT live your children's lives for them. Sex-ed IS designed to instruct children on....

1. How sex works and where babies come from...the life cycle
2. How birth control works...condoms, the pill.
3. How 'NO' means 'NO'; date rape, and other legal and illegal sexual acts.

It also helps to disspell many myths.

1. You can't get pregnant if you have sex standing up.

2. You can't get pregnant if it's your first time having sex.

3. You can't get pregnant if you do jumping jacks after sex.

4. Your baby will be born backwards if you have anal sex.

So...sex-ed has it's place. It's a great teaching tool for adolescence in getting them aquainted with their bodies and how reproduction works.

IthinkNOT!
09-20-2008, 01:49 PM

LMAO!! Now I had never heard that one before!

That must be a result of teaching abstinence in schools.

YNKYH8R
09-20-2008, 02:04 PM

LMAO!! Now I had never heard that one before!

That must be a result of teaching abstinence in schools.I'm waiting to see how many people come in here and say 'my baby was born breach.' LOL

IthinkNOT!
09-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm waiting to see how many people come in here and say 'my baby was born breach.' LOL
Now you don't think anyone here would say that, do you?

LMAO

VenuStar
09-21-2008, 06:16 PM
2. You can't get pregnant if it's your first time having sex.

this is sooooooooo true for me!!!! caught on the first try, lmao :slap