PDA

View Full Version : MyPoints or Ebates?

crystal_19
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I have to make several purchases on a few websites. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to go through ebates or mypoints? In mypoints I only have 750 points so it seems like forever until I am going to have enough for anything. With ebates I know we get money back but it seems like its never much. I have to shop on ebay and sephora. Any thoughts? Any other sites I should sign up for?

SLance68
09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
You might want to use your mypoints account. I use mine and I don't really buy that much stuff online but the points add up quick.

bonniejeanne
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I always go through ebates. At least you get some money back out of it whereas you might never get your credit thru mypoints. I have had trouble in the past getting credit for internet purchases thru mypoints but never had any trouble thru ebates.

vinzin
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Use ebates. you'lll think that you are not getting much back, but I do a lot of on=line shopping and I've gotten over $600 back, little by little. Around the holidays, they have some great deals, like 50% back on magazines. I renewed every magazine I had at that time.

I've also bought things in stores and then shopped on line, brought back the other item, saving lots and lots of money.

dinosmom
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I go thru ebates too. Very rarely do I go thru mypoints.

DrGrin
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I just made my first purchase through mypoints yesterday. I needed a few more points to be able to cash out for amazon. I'm hoping they come through in time for me to cash out and buy that ipod my teenager wants for Christmas.

Unless I'm needing to get points quick for a cashout at mypoints, I use ebates.