PDA

View Full Version : depressed need some ecouragement please help

friend6040
09-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello,

well lady called that was gonna have apartment she said contractors fell through it wasnt ready im thinking to my self that she really didnt want to rent it so right now im still in a verbally abusive situation and getting upset i dont know what to do i sit and cry and thats all i do lately, i dont know if i can handle it anymore, so im asking you my friends for some encouragement here, cause i really need some advice too,.

any help please.

sandooch
09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I will keep you in my prayers that your situation improves very soon. Take care. (((HUGS)))

tngirl
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Keep looking, you don't need to put all of your eggs in one basket. Keep telling yourself that what others say is not true. You have to believe in yourself. We are each very special and deserve the best that life has to offer. Unfortunately, we don't always get the best, but we do deserve it.

speedygirl
09-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Keep looking, you don't need to put all of your eggs in one basket. Keep telling yourself that what others say is not true. You have to believe in yourself. We are each very special and deserve the best that life has to offer. Unfortunately, we don't always get the best, but we do deserve it.

Well said. I think that tngirl has said it best. I'll say a prayer and send good thoughts out to you.

Shann
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM

:yeah I agree with this. Also if you're into it, check out meetup.com and see about joining some groups in your area so you can get out and maybe meet some great people so you don't have to sit at home by yourself. you do deserve better. :hug

snaeger07
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
You only know the TRUE you others can't distinguish it therefore you can't believe what they say..I hope everything gets better :)

meltodd69
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh hun I wish I was there to give you hugs! You are a special person. Don't listen to a word of negativity. And no negative thoughts either. Just remember tomorrow is a new day full of possibilities. If you believe good things will happen, they will. You can count on us here. Positive vibes are already surrounding you. And more to come!

morgansmom
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Just remember that we care fore you and wish the best life has to offer. Hold your head up high and don't let anyone put you down. You are a ver nice and sweet person, and I pray that you can find a way out of this situation. If you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime.

sheila_361
09-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I have to agree with tn as well. Keep your chin up!!

tarbabie
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Wish you lived closer! I would let you come here! Living with family is not easy- hang in there girlie- thinking about you...

msmom79
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM

ITA WITH THIS TOO-I AM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU,PLEASE DONT LET IT GET YOU DOWN,PICK UP THE WEEKLY ADS AND START LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WITHIN YOUR BUDGET,CALL SOME FRIENDS AND ASK IF THEY HAVE HEARD OF ANYTHING.LOOK UP RENTALS IN YOUR TOWN ON THE PUTER.SENDING HUGS YOUR WAY THAT EVERYTHING GETS BETTER FOR YOU FAST.

catdance
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Hell, I need a room mate!
I am sorry this is happening to you.
Verbal abuse or any other kind is NEVER OK..keep looking for another place, keep hugging yourself..keep saying, "those who mis- treat others, really is a reflection of thier self, not YOURS.
It is a reflection of them towards you and guess what it IS NOT YOU.
If you feel bad, imagine if those that do that to you, really feel about themselves.
Don't buy in to that crap.
Be you and keep going on.
Something will change, sooner or later and I pray for you sooner.
I keep you in my prayers.
Life throws "curve balls" sometimes but ususally the "pitch" will straighen out.
It will, trust that it will.
I am for you, and we all have been in this like you, but different pain.
But I assume it feels the same.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

memawang
09-12-2008, 07:15 PM
sorry for the pain you are going through. Look on Craigslist. Post on it.Hang in there.

YankeeMary
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I really hate to read that your situation hasn't improved. I wish there was something we all could do for you. You are a very sweet and kind person, it shows through your posts. People will only treat you as bad as you allow them to treat you. When they are being ugly to you just giggle as if you have a secret, because you do...YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND THEY FAIL TO SEE IT. It will drive them crazy. If this apartment falls through then it wasn't meant to be, just keep trying. You can't give up and let the uglies win. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!! We need you, you help to complete our (online) family, don't forget that!!! HUGS!!!

gmyers
09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry for what you're going through. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. You know the real you, that you're a nice person so don't let them lie to you. I'll keep you in my prayers that you find a nice place very soon.

janelle
09-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't know your situation but I would suggest you call a church in your area. If you don't have transportation they have volunteers who go get people to come to services.

At least you can make friends at the church and maybe talk to the pastor about your depression. And you will be getting away from the abuse on Sundays.

Huggs, you don't have to put up with abusive people.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-13-2008, 01:49 AM
I know it's hard being verbally abused, but you can NOT let it stop you dead in your tracks. Look forward not behind you. Keep looking for another place,it WILL happen. Then go forward and don't look back. The only place to go is up.

((hugs))

Army-Mom
09-13-2008, 06:15 AM
please know you are in my prayers.

G'maDebbie
09-13-2008, 06:57 AM
I am not aware of what your situation is, but from these posts I assume that it has been going on for awhile. Have you checked into subsidized apartments? They base your rent on your income. Do you have an Every Woman's Place in your area that you could go to? They can help you in a lot of ways, i.e....counseling, food, shelter, etc.
I really hate to see anyone in your situation and I pray that you find a way out.

BeanieLuvR
09-13-2008, 07:10 AM
I hope that you find a place soon. :hug

Lild
09-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Hope your doing better today..... I will continue to pray for ya, keep your head up, like yankeemary said, you are part of our bbs family and we need ya around.

whatever
09-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes i have seen where many people have found roomies on craigslist. Do you have a friend you can move in with a relative? Keep your chin up, from my experience the next day (after a bad one) usually seems alittle brighter. :)
hope yours does to!

Unicornmom77
09-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I am sitting here praying for you! I really hope things improve soon! I wish there was more we could all do!

catdance
09-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey, Friend..you ok?
I think we would all like to know how you are feeling today.
Major hugs.

Anig2u
09-13-2008, 11:59 AM
A lot of good advice here. I would try to get away from the abuse, as much as possible. Go for walks, and get out as much as you can until you can get your own place. Keep searching and something will show up when you least expect it.

MistyWolf
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM

Well said indeed! .. Try not to let others bring you down. Believe in your heart you are special because you are. Karma will get those who are hurting you.

tuggerbug
09-13-2008, 03:34 PM
HUGS!!! If you wanna come to FL, I have an extra room.

meltodd69
09-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Friend just checking in with you, and sending more hugs your way.

friend6040
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Checking in with you All,

was still depressed and cried myself to sleep im still upset and cannot shake the feeling, part of me just didnt care what happened to me anymore it so was bad i just wanted to give up.

bears984
09-14-2008, 12:20 AM
NEVER NEVER NEVER give up. You are worth so much more than givin credit. Look in the mirror every day and tell your self I am pretty and I am worth so much more. Just remember this when someone puts you down they are only trying to make them self feel better. And if they have time to think of ways to put you down tell them thank you I didn't know you cared so much to think of me so often.

sheila_361
09-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Here are a couple of quotes I found.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." Martin Luther King Jr

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin

tngirl
09-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Checking in with you All,

was still depressed and cried myself to sleep im still upset and cannot shake the feeling, part of me just didnt care what happened to me anymore it so was bad i just wanted to give up.
You know you have friends here. I understand how you feel, but don't give up. I have been kicked down as low as you in the past and it is such a great feeling to have that behind me now and be in control of my life. You are young and beautiful, you WILL survive!!

Do you have any of the messengers? If you do, pm me and I will send you my ID's and if you need someone to talk to you can message me. I have been in your position of feeling like I was nothing and that I had no where to go. But, it was all a lie! So, I personally know what you are feeling at this moment.

The most important thing to do is to stand in front of a mirror and look yourself square in the eye and repeat, "I AM somebody, I AM special, I DESERVE the best".

You are in my thoughts and my prayers and you are LOVED!

JustDoIt
09-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Please remember that verbal abuse is most times harder on a person then physical abuse. The long lasting effects will stay with you for a long time. But also remember that you have friends who care, friends who only want to see the best things happen for you....friends who want to see you get out of that toxic environment. We are all rooting for you. Sure, we may not know you IRL, or be able to give you a hug and make it better, but we are the voices of hundreds rallying behind you, and helping you on a path to a better tomorrow.

Remember, you ARE worth it. YOU are a person who deserves to be loved, and treated with respect. We know you can do it, so please, don't give up hope.

Good luck to you my friend. And may better days find you soon. :)

nedthenanite
09-14-2008, 08:56 AM
don't give up. depression is a hard feeling to deal with. try to find the things you like and care about in life, whether it be something small or large. you have friends here, and having a sound-board like them is awesome.
you can shake that feeling, try to fight it.

tarbabie
09-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I just talked to Judy for a few- she's hangin' in there...

ElleGee
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
:hug

sunniekiss
09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Not really sure what is going on in your life but the best advice I was given at a time in my life when I was very depressd was to "grab a box of Kleenex & cry & cry until there weren't any more tissues left in the box. Then get off your tushies & make your life the best life it can be."
Trust me it took time (and plenty more boxes of Kleenex) but now I am just plain happy. I am living alone & supporting myself. I make my RULES.
Go out & find what makes you happy & just go do it! Life is way too short to take anyone's chit!
You are the only one who can make you happy. {{Giant hugz****