PDA

View Full Version : Personal Opinion Time On Paint

snaeger07
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
If your bedroom furniture was black and chrome and the house that you are moving into has tan carpet - would you paint the walls a deep red color? If not, what color would you prefer?

ahippiechic
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I have tan carpet and my bedroom is red and black. I cannot wait til we get a house so I can have the color of carpet I want, lol!

snaeger07
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm doing the whole renting thing and it seems thats all houses/apartments come with!

I have tan carpet and my bedroom is red and black. I cannot wait til we get a house so I can have the color of carpet I want, lol!

ahippiechic
09-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I painted my kitchen cabinets black a few weeks ago. I can just imagine what they will say when they see them! :D

Willow
09-09-2008, 10:34 AM
For me it would depend on the size of the room because the darker the walls are the smaller the room will look.

ElleGee
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd do it deep blue.. but that's just me

Mom2-3boys
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I painted my kitchen cabinets black a few weeks ago. I can just imagine what they will say when they see them! :D

Black I could do....my dh's aunt painted her cabinets in her rental teal blue and then painted pink, purple, white and yellow pigs on them with a stamper....OMG that was friggen hideous and my dh told her so lol.

My master bathroom is deep red the bath, sink, floor are all tan in color, we have a sky light so it doesn't seem small.

ahippiechic
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Black I could do....my dh's aunt painted her cabinets in her rental teal blue and then painted pink, purple, white and yellow pigs on them with a stamper....OMG that was friggen hideous and my dh told her so lol.

My master bathroom is deep red the bath, sink, floor are all tan in color, we have a sky light so it doesn't seem small.

Well, the black looks better than chipped fake wood veneer that was on them. They have redid some of the apts with white cabinets and when I asked when they would redo mine, she said after I moved, they are only doing the vacant units! So I asked her if could paint them and she said to go ahead. I didn't say 'paint them white' nor did she, so....

meltodd69
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I try to match the color with the accents in the room. Like rugs, sheets, blankets, cutains or maybe you have a favorite picture or flowers in the room. We had a heck of a time because we have all hardwood floors and custom woodwork all through the house. So we got all kinds of free sample cards. Any and every color, all shades. I started eliminating one by one. Some colors that I thought I liked turned out they clashed with the wood. Made it look orangey, yuck! And others I never thought of looked good. Go figure. Ended up painting our bedroom a dark green (not sure of the name) and our living room is a toasted almond. I love color, hated renting everything is white.

snaeger07
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I know I love color too... I think it makes your house look more pricey rather just white walls everywhere. Thank god this house landlord said, you could do whatever inside and out except put wallpaper up.

I try to match the color with the accents in the room. Like rugs, sheets, blankets, cutains or maybe you have a favorite picture or flowers in the room. We had a heck of a time because we have all hardwood floors and custom woodwork all through the house. So we got all kinds of free sample cards. Any and every color, all shades. I started eliminating one by one. Some colors that I thought I liked turned out they clashed with the wood. Made it look orangey, yuck! And others I never thought of looked good. Go figure. Ended up painting our bedroom a dark green (not sure of the name) and our living room is a toasted almond. I love color, hated renting everything is white.

MistyWolf
09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.discountcandleshop.com/images/sagegreen.jpg

I think sage green would look nice.

BeanieLuvR
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.discountcandleshop.com/images/sagegreen.jpg

I think sage green would look nice.

I think that would look good. :)

whatever
09-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Have you ever tried a sponged look or foe (sp) finish. They are really cool. we have them in several rooms. People come here and think its our texture and feel our walls all the time. You could pick different colors and do the sponged/foe look. Like a dark /light green. Deep/light red etc.
We have a burgandy, a mauve and a blue room. We NEVER paint white or tan. I hate PLAIN walls. And yes I also cordinate colors with items in the room.

JerseyMook
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Faux finishes are nice although they take longer to do. I have 2 rooms done that way and while they are nice I am too lazy to do it again.