PDA

View Full Version : Was she completely out of line ?

gonnascream
09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
In august I enrolled both girls into cheerleading, With the understanding that the coaches knew that dd2 is autistic, Yeah no problem, we can handle that, all is great. The cheer caoch is a new girl, jerika. First off, she's LATE every damn pratice. The cheer pratices look more like play time then pratice. dd#1 has to wrangle dd#2 becuase the coach isn't interested in dealing with an autistic child.

In a nutshell, the whole cheer leage is a joke. pratice dates where changed at a moments notice, nobody notified, jerika want this, that, none of the girls ever knew all the cheers. Because of this I pull dd2 out of this because as an auttistic child, they NEED STRUCTURE. this had about as much structure as a jello gang bang. but I let dd1 stay in it.

Tonight they got thier uniforms, and dd2 got one even though she's not going to be doing it, I PAID for it, I'm going to have thier pictures taken in it together. After pratice Jerika tells me she's giving me my money back. I ask her for what, she tells me she wants me to give dd2 uniform to a different girl that has a friend that wants to join. You know, I didn't even think when I said absolutly not ! she told me I was denying a child a spot, and that I wasn't being a team player. I told her that I bought her uniform and that she was being a twat. . Just the fact that she asked that just burned me up. She knows why I had to pull dd2 from the squad, but jeez her sister gets to keep her uniform, she should be able too also since I Paid for it.

ladybugva
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
she sounds young and immature. If you paid for the uniform you have the right to keep it. If the girl wanted to join maybe they should have earlier plus if you let her join later b/c a spot "opened up" how many other tried to get in and couldn't b/c the numbers were full who gets to pick who gets the spot? Maybe they can get that girl her own uniform to fill that spot.

Kimberly61
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
is this through the school??? If so I would definately speak to someone about her......she sounds like a real snot for sure, I would be so ticked off too! You should tell her that she can refund your money and then get your money then charge her to buy the uniform back from you lol, I know you cant do that but it sure would be nice!

But seriously, if it is through the school she needs to be reported for the way she has treated your dd2, thats just not right!

galeane29
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
LOL you said TWAT

Seriously, she had no right to ask for the uniform back. You had the choice to take the money and give back the uniform or to keep it, I say keep it if you want, its your right. Good for you for standing up to her.

buglebe
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Is this highschool or what age kids are these?

cpbaby
09-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Young, not highschool, Buglebe....I want to say her oldest is 10 or so.(Of course, I could be, and often am, wrong)

NO, you are NOT wrong and you KNOW IT. There wouldnt BE an "empty spot" if the silly twat(hows that, Galeane? I said it too...hehehehe) had acted like a LEADER and not a TWAT! YOU paid for it, you get to keep it. If she didnt want to deal with DD2, she should never have agreed to let her enroll. AND, why GET the uniform, give it to you and THEN ask for it back? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, go over her head, honey, and raise hell......stupid twat!

BeanieLuvR
09-09-2008, 04:22 AM
I agree with everyone else. You were right. You paid for that uniform and your DD would still be on the squad if it wasn't for the leader and her actions. I too would go over her head and let higher ups know what a bad job she is doing. The kids should not have to suffer for her incompetence.

cabby92
09-09-2008, 05:03 AM
It's not your DD's fault the girl's a TWAT. She deserves that uniform and I'm sure she'll treasure the pictures.

tngirl
09-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Ok, I can understand why you would be upset, but I can also understand why she asked for the uniform. I worked one summer at a cheerleader uniform company in the customer service department. I took the orders and dealt with the people that were having issues with their orders because they were taking so long.

It isn't as easy as you would think to order and receive the uniforms. They are special ordered for each squad and then manufactured. If they ordered a new uniform it could take months before they received it. Especially considering that large orders are put ahead of small orders such as one uniform. In order to do each order the machines have to be reset and that is a lot of work for one uniform, so makes sense.

I can also understand your reasoning for wanting your autistic daughter involved in such an activity. But, in my experience, these type of squads are unstructured and not like your usual cheer squads where there are try outs in order to be chosen. This sounds a lot like peewee football when my son was younger. Not very structured but something that made them feel good about themselves.

Not everyone is qualified to deal with special needs children and you yourself called Jerika a "girl". What would qualify her to be able to deal with your daughter? But, like you said, I can understand where you are coming from.

gonnascream
09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Not everyone is qualified to deal with special needs children and you yourself called Jerika a "girl". What would qualify her to be able to deal with your daughter? But, like you said, I can understand where you are coming from.

Before I signed them both up I called the HEAD coach who assured me that she had worked with special needs kids, was told she is a nurse. Come to find out she's a dental assistant and never worked with any special needs kids. Im peeved that they blew smoke up my butt. The head coach is more concerend with the football and the fundraising. He let us all know last night that if we (the squad) didn't fundraise then we aren't being 'team players'. I piped up and let him know that a team is a 2 way street, that if all the kids weren't being coached ALL the cheers and felt confident that they could cheer in front of people then I didn't see a point in fundraising. He started with some bs about how we all need to help and I said well I am not going to invest more time & money into something when they cannot give my kids the same attention. It peeved him off. He just dosen't get that jerika is supposed to coach all the girls, even if it has to be split up. But instead she has the moms to do her job, and some moms haven't done a cartwheel since grade school. Our main problem is that :
1. Always late
2. Having pratice tues & thurs, then change it to mon & thurs, and only tell a few parents and hope the rest get the message. Because of theat alot of girls missed pratice
3. Being visually selective. I know Im being a petty biotch, but she has all the blond skinny girls on squad A, and the rest are scattered.
4. Squad A knows more cheers than everybody else
and it goes on....the topper was her wanting dd2's uniform back. I felt like smacking her upside the head with a red pompom

meltodd69
09-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I probably would have punched her right in the nose for asking. Good for you controling yourself.

msmom79
09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
HERE;S MY TAKE-YOUR DAUGHTERS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO KEEP THEIR UNIFORMS.HER ASKING FOR YOUR DAUGHTERS BACK FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO ME IS JUST PURE RUDE-I AGREE TO YOU SAYING NO-HELL IF I PAID FOR IT,THEN THE OTHER GIRLS MOM CAN PAY FOR HERS.STICK TO YOUR GUNS,I'M PROUD OF YOU FOR STANDING UP TO HER AND THE FOOTBALL COACH.:dancing:

Freebeemom
09-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Yes, she was completely out of line. I hate cheerleading...it is petty.

cabby92
09-10-2008, 04:56 AM
You were not keeping another girl out of the squad, she (or her mom) kept her out by not signing her up in time to receive her own uniform.